When I’m 64

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
izittrue

When I’m 64

Post by izittrue »

Wow. I’ll be living a Beatles tune October 8th. That song always seemed so far in the future when I was a youngster. Fuk. It’s this coming week.
xouper
Title: mere ghost of his former self

Re: When I’m 64

Post by xouper »

At the dinner table, will you have assigned seating with place name tags for Vera, Chuck, and Dave? And then watch to see who gets it?
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

I want to tell you, but I don't want to spoil the party, but surely the fool on the hill.
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

izittrue wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:02 pm Wow. I’ll be living a Beatles tune October 8th. That song always seemed so far in the future when I was a youngster. Fuk. It’s this coming week.
Seemed like it would be 60 years out or more.

Happy anyway. :lol: :De_Bunk:
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

izittrue wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:02 pm Wow. I’ll be living a Beatles tune October 8th. That song always seemed so far in the future when I was a youngster. Fuk. It’s this coming week.
Happy Birthday Izzy.

I'm right behind you on 11/09.

Fuck.
DJ

Post by DJ »

Happy birthday, Izzy. I hope that your body cooperates enough to allow you some enjoyment during your “golden” years.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Only 27 years after you could think:

– J.D.
xouper
Title: mere ghost of his former self

Post by xouper »

Toby Keith Explains How Clint Eastwood Inspired 'Don't Let the Old Man In' for 'The Mule'

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... -interview
12/15/2018

. . . That the two were sharing a golf cart last year at Eastwood’s charity tournament in Pebble Beach, Calif. is both a testament to their friendship and a stroke of good fortune.

. . . Out on the green, Eastwood shared that he’d be starting work on The Mule in two days, which also happened to be his 88th birthday.

Struck by Eastwood’s relentless energy at an age when many are content to sit and reflect, Keith asked how he keeps going.

“He said, ‘I just get up every morning and go out. And I don’t let the old man in,’ ” Keith recounts. “And I thought, I’m writing that.”
The movie version of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7mfTU6Rzzg

Live version by Toby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olhdtbii308
shuize

Post by shuize »

I spoke to a paragliding friend this weekend.

He mentioned he just turned 70.

Damn, I thought he was probably late 50s or early 60s.

He has been coming out once a week, weather permitting, since he started flying at 50 because he still works six days a week.

I also confirmed the basic Japanese old age pension is peanuts.*

* Glad I'm on the better one.