Historic no seasonal flu season

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

The entire topic is already full of facts. One doesn't need a theory to explain the lack of something.
gnome
Posts: 25954
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

But then the question is "Ok, so these are these facts you are combining but have no overall point to make. So what? Are we running an almanac here?"
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

gnome wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:53 pm I'm still not sure exactly what your point is, hence my flippant response.
I think I may have figured out the frustration evident in some of the responses to the topic.


You seem to expect something, and not getting what you want is bothering you.

Sometimes facts speak for themselves, some events don’t need an explained to tell you what you should think or believe.


There are a huge number of facts in the topic. Since they are factual statements, it’s not really possible to argue or insult a person, two things some skeptics confuse for thinking.


Here’s a short recap of the facts, along with a few more. Asking me to explain things I can’t possibly know the answer to is absurd, and it doesn’t help anyone.


The seasonal flu is actually the remnant of two great pandemics.

From Wikipedia

The 1957–1958 Asian flu pandemic was a global pandemic of influenza A virus subtype H2N2 that originated in Guizhou in southern China.[1][2][3] The number of deaths caused by the 1957–1958 pandemic is estimated between one and four million worldwide, making it one of the deadliest pandemics in history.[3][4] A decade later, a reassorted viral strain H3N2 further caused the Hong Kong flu pandemic (1968–1969).[5]

The Hong Kong flu, also known as the 1968 flu pandemic, was a flu pandemic whose outbreak in 1968 and 1969 killed between one and four million people globally.[1][2][3][4][5] It is among the deadliest pandemics in history, and was caused by an H3N2 strain of the influenza A virus, which is descended from H2N2 (caused the Asian flu pandemic in 1957–1958) through antigenic shift—a genetic process in which genes from multiple subtypes are reassorted to form a new virus.[6][7][8]
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

There is a huge, just enormous amount of info on the flu on Wikipedia


Except actual figures on deaths of course. That’s one thing that just isn’t recorded, shared or known. Using the low figures it’s a terrible number, using the high figures it’s the worst death toll except for the original flu, but those numbers are also estimates. Of course.


The original flu being the one that started in 1918

It killed either 17 million or 100 million people


The offsprings, the two mentioned above killed 2 or 8 million people during the pandemics


And about 37 million since 1958

Again, no actual hard numbers, not even for 2019 or 2020

It’s all estimates, but both the high and the low estimates are huge numbers

High estimate would be almost 200 million deaths, low number would be 49 million deaths


The number of people damaged in serious ways would be about 10 times higher


Something like this is no small matter if it’s gone

Which it certainly is for now
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Those are facts, in the sense they are reported and published and discussed

The Asian flu might have killed 50 million people if they hadn’t produced a vaccine

They meaning https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Hilleman



It took two months to manufacture and start trials

5 months later the vaccine saved countless lives

An estimated 1 million on the US alone
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

For the record

It’s very likely the Asian/Hong Kong pandemics killed far more people than Covid (so far)

And there is no doubt since they appeared and spread worldwide

At least twenty times the deaths from Covid (so far)
gnome
Posts: 25954
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

I don't mind hearing facts. Most of what you're saying seems credible enough.

So does that mean you're dropping the "fake science/Big Brother" angle you were talking earlier in the thread?
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Hahahahahaha
gnome wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:58 am The CDC is obviously going to lie. We might as well shut them down and not have one.

(/s)
There is some woo woo stupid shit in thread, but nice try making it seem like it was me











Haha
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main ... key=208914



The best way to reduce the risk of catching the flu and spreading it to others is to receive an annual flu vaccine.
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Here’s an original thought


That claim above is false, It seems the best way to avoid getting the flu is taking precautions and preventing it from spreading, especially in schools, hospitals, doctors offices and most importantly, workplaces

The efforts to stop the spread of a respiratory virus actually drastically reduced the spread of the flu

This is a hypothesis, not a proven fact

Based on my own research, the biggest factor is not allowing sick people to got to work, school, nursing homes or to a medical center and spread the disease
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Based on the revised estimates of flu deaths (the link above), vaccines never stopped the flu

The Corona did

No matter which number you use, in my life the Asian flu has killed between 18 million or 40 million people
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Until the last 13 months, in which the flu killed almost no one
gnome
Posts: 25954
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

robinson wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:53 pm Hahahahahaha
gnome wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:58 am The CDC is obviously going to lie. We might as well shut them down and not have one.

(/s)
There is some woo woo stupid shit in thread, but nice try making it seem like it was me

Haha
Let me ask, do you know what (/s) means?
The same thing was observed in the austral flu season and nobody reported on it then either


You just don’t get it


Science is no longer what you thought it was, it’s now Big Brother and what the State says it is
This is what I'm asking if you're dropping by insisting that your interest here is only in presenting facts.
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Point made

Should have made it more obvious THAT WAS SARCASM!
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

AND FROM A PUPPET AS WELL!
robinson2
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 4:02 pm
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson2 »

Way to throw me under the bus.




































Asshole
robinson2
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 4:02 pm
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson2 »

robinson wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:14 am Here’s an original thought


That claim above is false, It seems the best way to avoid getting the flu is taking precautions and preventing it from spreading, especially in schools, hospitals, doctors offices and most importantly, workplaces

The efforts to stop the spread of a respiratory virus actually drastically reduced the spread of the flu

This is a hypothesis, not a proven fact

Based on my own research, the biggest factor is not allowing sick people to got to work, school, nursing homes or to a medical center and spread the disease
Notice how nobody responded to that?

It's why I say Big Brother is running the show. Even skeptics have become woketards
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Just some skeptics. After they drank the global warming KoolAid, they go downhill fast.
robinson2
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 4:02 pm
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson2 »

Go back to posting info, this bickering is boring


really really boring
robinson2
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 4:02 pm
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson2 »

Throw me under the bus? Well fuck you
robinson wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:58 pm If covid wasn't a political matter, this story would be very much covered

But, instead, crickets

The woke don't believe in reporting what happens
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Hotarubi
Posts: 4232
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:12 am
Title: Enchantress
Location: This septic Isle.

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by Hotarubi »

gnome wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:49 am

This is what I'm asking if you're dropping by insisting that your interest here is only in presenting facts.
I have already obliterated Rubs-his-son on this issue. You are being trolled. Wake up.

Hth.
gnome
Posts: 25954
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

robinson2 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:26 pm
robinson wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:14 am Here’s an original thought


That claim above is false, It seems the best way to avoid getting the flu is taking precautions and preventing it from spreading, especially in schools, hospitals, doctors offices and most importantly, workplaces

The efforts to stop the spread of a respiratory virus actually drastically reduced the spread of the flu

This is a hypothesis, not a proven fact

Based on my own research, the biggest factor is not allowing sick people to got to work, school, nursing homes or to a medical center and spread the disease
Notice how nobody responded to that?

It's why I say Big Brother is running the show. Even skeptics have become woketards
Perhaps nobody responded to it because it was a reasonable statement that few would take issue with?
gnome
Posts: 25954
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

robinson wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:32 pm Point made

Should have made it more obvious THAT WAS SARCASM!
And yet you say it over and over in multiple threads. Try again?
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Oh no


My sarcasm belongs everywhere
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

But nice avoidance
robinson2
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 4:02 pm
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson2 »

robinson wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:14 am Based on my own research, the biggest factor is not allowing sick people to got to work, school, nursing homes or to a medical center and spread the disease
I think you are being too simplistic.
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Elaborate please
robinson2
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 4:02 pm
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson2 »

You finally found out where the seasonal flu comes from each year, but you didn't take the next step. If you had dug a little deeper, you would have found that the new strains that actually make people sick come from southeast Asia each year.

That's the smoking gun, and it's well known amongst researchers and flu vaccine makers and even a lot of Doctors.

It was closing the door on the source of the novel flu strains that ended the flu.

Obviously the next question would be, "Why do the new types of flu come from southeast Asia each year?"

And of course, "So when travel and restrictions are lifted we will see the flu again?"

The damning facts about the deadly flu, it is the new strains that kill. Almost everybody has some immunity to the old strains of the flu. (except for the newborn)

And the migrating water foul and pigs that carry the flu all the time mostly have immunity as well. Except for the new crop of ducks. It's the juveniles, the new ducks that carry and shed the virus each fall, and then it gets into the shit ton of domestic ducks in Asia, and then into people, and then to the rest of the world
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

What about the lab created H5N1 HPAI virus strain? That sure as fuck isn't found in wild ducks.
robinson2
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 4:02 pm
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson2 »

It was found in wild geese. And only the research version of H5N1 was ever found in ducks. After they were deliberately infected with it.
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

You make it sound like the goddamn birds are responsible.
robinson2
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 4:02 pm
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson2 »

No, the rare spread of the deadly HPAI Asian H5N1 is due to the people who raise and slaughter the ducks. Or geese. The birds are just doing their thing. It's fucking people that spread it.
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

This is all too much to think about. I'm just glad for now the flu is gone.
robinson2
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 4:02 pm
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson2 »

Perhaps, but now that the Coronavirus is gone, the flu will return
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Nah, the fuckers will introduce some new deadly virus
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Oh shit



https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-06-01/
gnome
Posts: 25954
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

robinson2 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:49 am Perhaps, but now that the Coronavirus is gone, the flu will return
Again it seems like you are insinuating something without fleshing out a claim. I get it, you never have to lose an argument that way.
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

You think everything has to be an argument
robinson
Posts: 16829
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Sardonic asshole
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

This would be almost an argument, except I clearly stated it’s a hypothesis
robinson wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:14 am Here’s an original thought


That claim above is false, It seems the best way to avoid getting the flu is taking precautions and preventing it from spreading, especially in schools, hospitals, doctors offices and most importantly, workplaces

The efforts to stop the spread of a respiratory virus actually drastically reduced the spread of the flu

This is a hypothesis, not a proven fact

Based on my own research, the biggest factor is not allowing sick people to got to work, school, nursing homes or to a medical center and spread the disease