Science vs idiots, the eternal war

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
robinson
Title: Sardonic asshole

Science vs idiots, the eternal war

Post by robinson »

Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.
https://journals.lww.com/americantherap ... _of.7.aspx
During the COVID-19 pandemic, misinformation was widely spread claiming that ivermectin is beneficial for treating and preventing COVID-19.[18][19] Such claims are not backed by trustable scientific evidence.[20][21]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivermectin
ed
Title: G_D

Re: Science vs idiots, the eternal war

Post by ed »

The question is quite simple really.

How much money did the elites at the helm of the companies making the vaccine stand to make with and without this drug on the market?

Did this drug lend itself to significant payouts?

Did the Biden family have a piece of the action.
robinson

Post by robinson »

In the case of something like a medicine that would save lives, you might think wealthy powerful people would put their own family over profit and being part of the club

Nope

Grandmas can just fucking die, nothing is worth going against the idiots running the world
robinson

Post by robinson »

Because the authorities don’t care about you

They don’t care about your family, they don’t care about your kids, the only thing they care about is money and power, and hanging onto it
robinson

Post by robinson »

Cheap available drug that stops virus?

That threatens so many big players, and the money they plan on making

They would kill a billion people if it meant a 1% increase in quarterly dividends
robinson

Post by robinson »

And yeah, the profit driven Assholes are the idiots
robinson

Post by robinson »

A citywide initiative in Mexico City to prescribe ivermectin to COVID-19 patients resulted in a plunge in hospitalizations and deaths, two studies found.

Hospitalizations were down by as much as 76%, according to research by the Mexican Digital Agency for Public Innovation, Mexico's Ministry of Health and the Mexican Social Security Institute, according to a TrialSiteNews report highlighted by LifeSiteNews.

Earlier this month, as WND reported, a significant decrease in cases in India coincided with the national health ministry's promotion of ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine treatments.

In Mexico City, after a spike in cases in December, the city's Ministry of Health created a home-treatment kit for residents.
https://www.wnd.com/2021/05/covid-death ... ingbuttons
robinson

Post by robinson »

If you only listen to the idiot media and CDC, you might think Covid is a huge threat, and the government needs even more power over every last persons life.

Fortunately, Biden and the fascists trying to run the USA can't actually control other countries, especially when it comes to covid.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to discover that pharmaceutical companies want to make a profit from their work.
xouper
Title: mere ghost of his former self

Post by xouper »

Let me start by saying I am totally an advocate of capitalism, free markets, and making profits. I live by that as a profit-seeking software developer.

And then I want to venture into a gray area. Certain kinds of profits are less ethical than others. That's why we have laws to protect us from companies that would do actual harm or commit fraud. But there is still a large gray area. Where to draw the line is a legitimate matter of public debate.

That detail sometimes seems to be assumed and doesn't often get mentioned explicitly in conversations about certain kinds of companies. Not to mention, the term "ethical" can be ambiguous depending on who is making the ethical judgment.

And there's another gray area, where certain companies would try to make the market less free by using anti-competitive tactics. We have laws to prevent extreme forms of that, too. Because we believe in free markets, not monopolies.

So while I am a rabid defender of free markets, etc, I am against companies that abuse that. And by "abuse" I mean that yuuuge gray area of what constitutes harm to society or to individuals. Where to draw the line is a legitimate matter of public debate.

[/opinion]

As always, Your Mileage May Vary™.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

There certainly exist corrupt, unethical, and unconscionable industry practices. For example, the Purdue Pharma company and their aggressive marketing of OxyContin. Then there is the questionable practice of "combination therapies" intended to prolong the marketing life of a given drug treatment in order to avoid having it go to generic form. Add to that the ongoing practice of getting approvals for new indications. Then there is what the industry calls "market access" which involves pricing strategies, and as a result, we get the current exorbitant pricing of insulin, plus the high cost of medical treatment in general. I do not believe that the COVID-19 vaccines were developed and deployed to satisfy someone's greed. That's not to say that greed can't or won't be a motivation later.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

The ivermectin studies I've been able to find on clinicaltrials.gov that have been completed with regard to efficacy in treating COVID-19 have, so far, involved very small patient populations, such as 12 in the ivermectin group and 12 in the placebo group. The published articles about those studies have, so far, stated results that "indicate further study"--that is because with such small study populations, one generally cannot state results with statistical or even clinical significance.

There are currently 76 ivermectin studies listed with regard to COVID-19

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results? ... ity=&dist=

25 of those studies have been completed. 9 of them have results.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results? ... ype=&rslt=

FWIW, which is about $0.02 USD
robinson

Post by robinson »

India and Mexico have a lot of data