Heathens' corner

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Witness

Re: Heathens' corner

Post by Witness »

Put "on leave" since
Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Evangelist: Prophets Like Me Can “Call” Donald Trump Back Into the White House

Televangelist Robin Bullock, who said last November that the COVID crisis could be blamed on people who voted for Hillary Clinton and said last month that President Joe Biden “doesn’t exist,” now claims prophets have the power to restore Donald Trump to the presidency.
“Prophetical authority has to start being used by God’s prophets,” Bullock declared. “We’ve got to come up now to another level and start speaking with authority. Not just declaring, speaking with authority. And the Lord is going to give you words to warn people and speak to people in high-ranking positions. Whether you think they’re listening or not, they’re listening.”

“Even now the rightful president, Donald J. Trump, will hold a rally, and you can tell he’s still the president,” Bullock said. “All you have to do is listen to him. He’s the president. … No matter what happens, he’s the president, and he’s supposed to walk back in that office. So call him back. Call him back. Call him back. Once he knows the prophets are calling, he’ll come.”
https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/202 ... ite-house/ (video)

Christian “Prophetess”: God Let Trump Lose to Spend More “Private Time” With Him

Self-described “prophetess” Amanda Grace, who said just last month that Donald Trump was still president and the impeachment trial against him proved it, is now taking a very different approach.

She said yesterday that God let Trump lose the election in order to have more alone time with him. Because that’s what it would take for Trump to become fully Christian.
… That’s why [Trump is], in a way, hidden away as well. Because the Lord is dealing with these things and He’s working this out with President Trump right now and dealing with it.

And President Trump is, in a way, being afforded the private time to deal with this with the Lord. And for the Lord to really reveal Himself to President Trump where he’s not being, in a way, perhaps, so distracted and pulled in a million directions right now — maybe it’s a little less right now, so he’s got a little more time to think with the Lord, and say these things, and ask questions, and you know? Go out and scream in a field, you know what I mean?!
https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/202 ... -with-him/ (video)

Trump prophet Jeremiah Johnson who predicted 2020 victory ends ministry

Jeremiah Johnson, an evangelical Christian who predicted that former President Trump would win reelection in 2020, is ending his ministry.

Johnson said he did not make the decision lightly, writing in a Facebook post that he ended Jeremiah Johnson Ministries “after much prayer and the clear direction of the Lord," according to The Washington Post. The post has since been deleted.

The move comes after Johnson faced backlash from fellow evangelicals after he apologized for prophesying that Trump would win the 2020 election, according to the newspaper.

The move also comes in the middle of a YouTube series titled “I Was Wrong,” during which he stated that the country must come together and not dwell on the 2020 election.
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/54308 ... s-ministry

The Trumpettes keep the finest company. :mrgreen:
Witness

Post by Witness »

Jim Bakker Is Now Using His End Times Broadcast to Warn About Zombies

For years, right-wing pastor Jim Bakker has been using his daily television program to terrify his audience into believing that the End Times are upon us, often for the apparent purpose of selling them products designed to help them survive the apocalypse.

Bakker kicked things up a notch on Tuesday’s program, which featured right-wing conspiracy theorist Steve Quayle warning about aliens, demons, trans-dimensional beings, and “diseases that are designed to initiate cannibalism in human beings” and turn them into literal zombies.
https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/jim ... t-zombies/

Witness

Post by Witness »

Pro-Trump prophet goes on wild rant, says the modern church is 'almost homosexual'
  • A pro-Trump evangelical leader said in a wild rant that modern pastors were "neutered" and "effeminate."
  • He boasted too that the ushers at his church were armed, and instructed to "kill" threats to him.
  • Jansen is a pro-Trump "prophet," who claimed in March that Trump would be "re-instated."
A pro-Trump prophet from Tennessee went on a wild rant during a sermon this weekend, describing modern Christian leaders — particularly those who refuse to tote guns — as "neutered" and "almost homosexual."

Jeff Jansen, co-founder of the Global Fire Ministries International in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and self-proclaimed "prophet," disparaged pastors for being "effeminate."

"The church, the Ecclesia, the government of God, has been so neutered and so turned effeminate, almost homosexual, I'm just telling you straight up. Straight up. It's ridiculous," said Jansen, speaking at a church service in Oregon.

"Where are the men? Where are the men, where's the maleness? Where is the, you know, 'I will defend the children, I will protect the family?'" he asked.
https://www.insider.com/pro-trump-proph ... ual-2021-4
Fid

Post by Fid »

Yet another doth protest too mucher.
... The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

"Too mucher"????

You're not that dense.

Fix it dipshit.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Witness

Post by Witness »

↑ Now, now, sparky…

Short C-Span clip: https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4958352/ ... rotections
Fid

Post by Fid »

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
Too mucher
To mucher
Two mucher
Too-mucher
Too~mucher (The "~" is indicative of my attitude regarding stupid shit. For instance I wear white cotton socks with sandals*. I have been trying to find socks with "Fuck the Fashion Police" on them alas without success.

*Not flipflops of course which are an abomination unto the Lord
... The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
robinson
Title: Pretty much dead already

Post by robinson »

I wear white socks with flip flops

Just to fuck with people
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
robinson

Post by robinson »

For some reason it makes people think I am Canadian
robinson

Post by robinson »

ed wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:04 am I have a question. If demons are real can you catch one and domesticate it? Do you think that they would make good pets? If you can drive one away it stands to reason that you could attract it and cage it. Do they mate? Could you hybridize them and come up with "cute demons" and "miniatures" and "pug nose demons"?????

What would a tech billionaire pay for one? Is there a business here?
If only they were real
Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

'There's no one else to pray to': Franklin Graham slams Biden after he fails to thank God during his proclamation for the National Day of Prayer
  • Thursday was the US National Day of Prayer, a tradition codified in 1952
  • Biden's proclamation of the event did not mention the word 'God'
  • It drew criticism from conservative evangelical preacher Franklin Graham
  • Prior proclamations from Obama and Trump did include the word 'God'
  • Biden is a devout Catholic who often ends his remarks: 'God protect our troops'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... d-God.html

Godless commie! :x
Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Shreveport mayor, city council to announce two days of prayer for the city

SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - In an effort to combat violence in Shreveport, Mayor Adrian Perkins, along with the city council will speak at a news conference on Tuesday, May 25.

The event will start at 2:30 p.m. in downtown Shreveport at Government Plaza to announce two days of prayer for the city.

A citywide prayer meeting and other prayer meetings will be held in each council district in June.
https://www.ksla.com/2021/05/25/shrevep ... ayer-city/
Witness

Post by Witness »

One has the admirers one merits. :roll:
Witness

Post by Witness »

Florida governor signs new bill requiring K-12 public schools to hold moment of silence each day

All K-12 public schools in Florida will hold a moment of silence at the start of the day starting next school year, according to a bill signed into law Monday by Gov. Ron DeSantis.
According to the law, which was HB 529 in the Florida legislature, principals of each public school shall require teachers in first-period classrooms in all grades to set aside at least one minute but not more than two minutes daily for the moment of silence. Teachers may not make suggestions as to the nature of any reflection that a student may engage in during the moment of silence, the law states. A period of "silent prayer or meditation" was optional for school districts in the state prior to the new law.
"It's important to be able to provide each student the ability every day to reflect and be able to pray as they see fit," the Republican governor said before signing the bill at the Shul of Bal Harbour in Surfside, Florida. "The idea that you can just push God out of every institution and be successful, I'm sorry, our founding fathers did not believe that."
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/15/poli ... index.html
Witness

Post by Witness »

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster loses bid for legal recognition as incorporated entity
  • An adherent of the offbeat movement launched a legal bid to secure it legal status as an incorporated entity
  • She said formal recognition would have allowed greater transparency
  • SA's Civil and Administrative Tribunal rejected the bid, describing the church as a "sham" and a "parody"
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-19/ ... /100228038

Beware the wrath of his noodly appendages! :shock:
Witness

Post by Witness »

Missing mass again a mortal sin in Poland as church withdraw Covid dispensation

https://notesfrompoland.com/2021/06/21/ ... pensation/

:mrgreen:
Witness

Post by Witness »

Ron DeSantis Says He Will Put on ‘Full Armor of God’ to Fight Leftism

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said over the weekend he is prepared to put on the “full armor of God” to fight against leftism.

The popular governor made the comment during his speech Saturday at the Faith and Freedom Coalition’s “Road to Majority” conference, where he received several standing ovations.

DeSantis said he plans to lead the charge in fighting “the left’s schemes.”

“It ain’t going to be easy,” he said. “You got to be strong. You got to put on the full armor of God. You got to take a stand — take a stand against the left’s schemes. You got to stand your ground. You got to be firm. You will face flaming arrows, but take up the shield of faith and fight on.”
DeSantis was referencing a New Testament passage from Ephesians 6, in which the Apostle Paul wrote:
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
https://www.faithwire.com/2021/06/22/ro ... t-leftism/

No doubt gOD will help defeat the godless commies. :mrgreen:
Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness