Far be it from me to stick up for any anti-gay religious types, but ...

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Anaxagoras

Re: Far be it from me to stick up for any anti-gay religious types, but ...

Post by Anaxagoras »

Nevertheless, it's almost certainly true. But it was all of society, not just the church.
Alan Turing for example.

Whether the church caused homophobia or simply reflected the general homophobia of society is another question.
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

That is a C list actor screaming for relevance. It is the religious version of "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!"

Pathetic.
Witness

Post by Witness »

A schism?!? :shock:
Edinburgh church votes to split from the Scottish Episcopal Church in early sign of schism at decision to support gay marriage

One of the largest churches in Edinburgh has voted to split from the Scottish Episcopal Church amid tensions over its decision to become the first Anglican body in the UK to endorse gay marriage.

St Thomas’ is the latest evangelical parish to quit the official Anglican church in Scotland and back a rival splinter movement in reaction to the vote supporting gay marriage in June last year.

A number of other churches have either left or are considering leaving in the wake of the decision to change the Scottish Episcopal Church's (SEC) definition of marriage as being between one man and one woman.

St Thomas' is one of the largest Anglican churches in the capital and the move to split from the SEC will be seen as a major blow to Scottish bishops trying to hold together the deeply opposed factions over same-sex marriage.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... rch-early/
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

I, for one, am glad that religion stands for eternal truth, reveled by god and all that.