Security

The war between wetware and hardware.
ed
Title: G_D

Security

Post by ed »

I contend that there is no security for anything that is connected to the net. There I said it. Is this paranoid rambluing? Maybe yes. Maybe no.

Why couldn't the government demand that microsoft program back doors into everything they sell? Why no dammit!!!

And what about this internetthing... can't the government shut it down? And what about cloud computing? What the fuck is up with that? Thats like inviting Joe Biden into your house.

So? Answer me that if you can!!?!11
This space for let
Grammatron

Re: Security

Post by Grammatron »

You should buy a gun or two, you will feel safer.
ed

Post by ed »

Don't patronize me, this is serious.

Do you really feel secure?
This space for let
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

ed wrote:Don't patronize me, this is serious.

Not unless I have a canon near me.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Grammatron wrote:
ed wrote:Don't patronize me, this is serious.

Not unless I have a canon near me.
A camera is not going to help. 8)
Mentat

Post by Mentat »

No need to worry, we still have Obama to blame when a security breach is found.
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Mentat wrote:No need to worry, we still have Obama to blame when a security breach is found.
Obama took credit for the last big one. Is your memory failing? I mean, I can post a link if you like.
Cool Hand

Post by Cool Hand »

Rob Lister wrote:
Mentat wrote:No need to worry, we still have Obama to blame when a security breach is found.
Obama took credit for the last big one. Is your memory failing? I mean, I can post a link if you like.
Just be sure that the link has a Trojan horse and a worm or two. K thx.

CH
....life purpose is pay taxes -- pillory 12/05/13

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

"Time" -- Pink Floyd
ed

Post by ed »

I am watching the debate: Obama winked at me :shock:
This space for let
grayman

Post by grayman »

Security:

You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.
DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

I know my life has been twisted by the Internet because whenever somebody says or writes "Science!" I immediately picture a test-tube dancing to stupid music.
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.
gnome

Post by gnome »

I picture Magnus Pyke from the Thomas Dolby video... who I just discovered was something of a Bill Nye of his time. (Magnus, that is). I'm thinking new avatar...
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
gnome

Post by gnome »

Found this one...
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
Witness

Post by Witness »

Long, wordy article, so excerpt:

The Full Story of the Stunning RSA Hack Can Finally Be Told

In 2011, Chinese spies stole the crown jewels of cybersecurity—stripping protections from firms and government agencies worldwide. Here’s how it happened.

RSA kept those seeds on a single, well-protected server, which the company called the “seed warehouse.” They served as a crucial ingredient in one of RSA's core products: SecurID tokens—little fobs you carried in a pocket and pulled out to prove your identity by entering the six-digit codes that were constantly updated on the fob's screen. If someone could steal the seed values stored in that warehouse, they could potentially clone those SecurID tokens and silently break the two-factor authentication they offered, allowing hackers to instantly bypass that security system anywhere in the world, accessing anything from bank accounts to national security secrets.

Now, staring at the network logs on his screen, it looked to Leetham like these keys to RSA’s global kingdom had already been stolen.
https://www.wired.com/story/the-full-st ... y-be-told/ for all of it.