Lord of Light

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
robinson
Title: Pretty much dead already

Lord of Light

Post by robinson »

Folding in everything from Taittiriya Brahmana to the Kumarasambhava, mirroring the Shatapatha Brahmana, borrowing from the Ganesha Purana, the Mudgala Purana and the Ganapati Atharvashirsa, then making Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva characters, facing off against Buddha aligned with an insane Christian warlord leading a zombie army, it would seem to have it all baby, but no, he has to add in Tārakāsura (who never makes it to Vasudeva), some monstrous sea serpent, twisted sadistic sexual shenanigans, a talking ape, (who is secretly the heroes son), the Lord of Death, high tech weapons, space travel, romance, betrayal and of course one of my favorites, Agni.

Just the story of Rild (and his enlightenment into Sugata, and his epic death) would be enough for a series. No surprise Barry Geller wanted to make the film. And of course it did not happen.

The 2017 announcement that Lord of Light would be made into a television series got me excited, something hard to do. With CGI it could be pulled off. Maybe.

That the artwork by Jack Kirby (may he rest in peace) and the screenplay got recycled into Argo is both sad but also awesome.

If ya read it, and you loved it, nothing I can write will matter. If you didn't read it, the same.
ed
Title: G_D

Re: Lord of Light

Post by ed »

Sounds gay.
Giz

Re: Lord of Light

Post by Giz »

Zelazny’s best book.

Be hard to do justice on screen.