Historic no seasonal flu season

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25833
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

The CDC is obviously going to lie. We might as well shut them down and not have one.

(/s)
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 05124.html

Not a single case of the flu this year in the UK
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

That is an amazing statistic


If it really is the procedures used to stop Covid-19, then all the previous years it would have worked


That’s millions of people who died from the flu that could have been saved
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

While there is almost no data on colds, anecdotal evidence suggest the common cold is almost gone as well
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
Hotarubi
Posts: 3511
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:12 am
Title: Enchantress
Location: This septic Isle.

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by Hotarubi »

Hotarubi wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:20 pm
My guess is that Suzy saw a newspaper headline and was in such a hurry to troll that she didn't bother checking the very source she used to try and sustantiate her attention seeking.
QED and troll exposed.

T'is a good day.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

I'm sure I came up with Twatter first. ~ Moi
I only steal from the rich. :BigGrin3: ~ Witness
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

gnome wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:58 am The CDC is obviously going to lie. We might as well shut them down and not have one.
I have no idea what you are saying


Curiously, I also don’t care lol
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
Hotarubi
Posts: 3511
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:12 am
Title: Enchantress
Location: This septic Isle.

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by Hotarubi »

gnome wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:58 am The CDC is obviously going to lie. We might as well shut them down and not have one.

(/s)
Either that or they've had no idea what influenza actually is for...decades!!! So how can we trust them with teh Awtizm Vackseenz!!122
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

I'm sure I came up with Twatter first. ~ Moi
I only steal from the rich. :BigGrin3: ~ Witness
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25833
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

robinson wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:52 am That is an amazing statistic


If it really is the procedures used to stop Covid-19, then all the previous years it would have worked


That’s millions of people who died from the flu that could have been saved
Maybe it could have... but even in the current circumstance these measures come at a cost. It could be argued that flu was not enough of a threat to justify. As vaccines become readily available for COVID-19, the same may wind up true there.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 73952
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by Doctor X »

Hotarubi wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:44 pmMaybe you can help me out, is there a Latin Fallacy for claiming that a source supports a poster's attention seeking ravings when in fact that very source does nothing of the sort?
Alexia without Agraphia.
Or have I wasted too much time already on this insignificant turd.
Yes.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

gnome wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:07 am It could be argued that flu was not enough of a threat to justify.
anything can be argued these days
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25833
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

Well, yes, it quite depends on how strong the argument is, doesn't it? Thank you for the "it is what it is". Very helpful.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

No, people can argue anything now, even with zero evidence

Get woke man
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25833
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

Dude. Do we have to go through this? We're not vague "people" and I'm not in the habit of arguing with zero evidence. If you don't want to talk about it, just say so instead of throwing word games.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Week 8 CDC data is up


No need to do a breakdown anymore

It’s over


Over 12,000 test samples sent for the genetic breakdown

1 positive test


No genetic sequence possible, so the one positive flu sample could not be determined

Still no flu deaths this year
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25833
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

What happened, did we agree or disagree or decide to stop discussing our conversation?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Week 10 is up on the CDC site

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

No. of specimens tested 7,791
No. of positive specimens 1

No subtype done on the one positive test result

Flu season is long over, no flu season this year
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

What’s become obvious is the CDC has never actually tracked or counted or documented flu deaths


Including the year 2020
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

There’s little reason to even check the data at this point


Week 22 once again, over 10,000 test, one positive

Not sub typed

Still only one death for the entire season, which is over at this point
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25833
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

Wow, that data makes it look like something unusual happened in 2020...
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

That sort of insipid response is like what one sees in regards to radiation reports from Fukushima

When TEPCO reports “radiation levels inside the plant's No. 2 reactor have hit 530 sieverts per hour.”, a reasonable response might be, “holy fuck, that’s mind blowing, unheard of levels!”, but a nutjob nuclear cheerleader might respond, “Gosh, it’s almost as if something unusual happened to the facility.”, which is a meaningless response.
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Like the danger from radiation, or with global warming, now influenza is a political matter, which is fucked is, but that’s just how it is now. Nothing is immune from politics.


Somehow what is happening with the flu has to be viewed through some filter, to figure out what the correct response should be, which is just so fucked up.
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

https://web.archive.org/web/20200401032 ... /index.htm


Week 12 2020 already showed that something novel had occurred already


The usual bell shaped curve had already been disrupted, with a dramatic drop in positive tests
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

The only deaths actually tracked are pediatric deaths


Week 12 2020 was 155, which was a low number, %50 of normal


Week 12 2021 the number is still 1 death

In a normal world this would be incredibly good news


Somehow influenza had almost vanished from the world


Saving over a million people and children from a horrible death


And reducing health cost by a staggering amount
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25833
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

I'm still not sure exactly what your point is, hence my flippant response. If you want serious responses, communicate more clearly instead.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Nonsense


You know exactly what the facts are, hell, I even provide links so you can see for yourself


There is no mystery to what I am saying
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

robinson wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:38 pm It already happened in the Southern Hemisphere winter (austral winter), and it’s already happened in the northern hemisphere as well this year

Zero pediatric deaths so far

Unheard of, historic even

There were so few flu cases in the austral winter that they don’t know what strains there are to vaccinate against this year, so the vaccine is a guess this boreal winter
See? Nothing mysterious about that at all
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25833
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

Throwing facts out there and declaring them mysterious isn't communicating your point.

Actually have a point--what are you claiming? You aren't.. you're pointing out something you think is weird and trying to make it seem unsavory without making an actual claim, so that nobody can contradict you either.

hammegk used to do that all the time, I'm quite familiar with it.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
robinson2
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 4:02 pm
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson2 »

Cosmic level lack of awareness
"This aggression will not stand, man."
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25833
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

Now there's a claim I can sink my teeth into, surely. Way to show me wrong about you.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

I don’t even bother to check anymore
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Of course now I will, but I can already guess what the data will show
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

OK we are now at the point where in 2020 the flu was vanishing, so comparing stats no longer is meaningful in regards to the current test data. Comparing 2020 to 2019 is, and we can compare 2021 with 2019 now, and see the flu stats are unheard of. Something, and it's all speculation still, but something happened to stop the yearly flu epidemic, the deaths, the hospitalizations, the suffering.

For the first time in history, the Asian flu and the Hong Kong flu, both of which were worldwide pandemics when they first arrived from China, are no longer a going concern.

Week 14 for 2021, no positive tests reported by the Public labs. They did 9,194 tests, not s single positive.

What does that mean, you might ask.

The cumulative data for the season is the quickest way to view things.

In 14 weeks, the 2019 data show 69,291 tests, with 37,155 positives to subtype.

In 14 weeks the 2021 data shows 403,546 tests, with 226 positives to subtype. 171 of those positives could not be subtyped. So for the entire season, there were 55 samples subtyped.

55 positive cases that were analyzed. 26 type A, 19 type B

That's it, that's the flue season for 2020-2021

2018-2019 there were 37,155 positives.

It's not like they weren't trying to get samples.

the 2019 data shows 69,291 Public lab tests done

The 2021 data shows 403,546 Public lab tests done

Data links for the true skeptic who wants to check for themselves

2019 data for week 14

2020 data for week 14

2021 data for week 14
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

I don't know how this happened. I can guess, I can hypothesize, I even have a theory. But just as with the number of deaths each year from the flu, I can't actually be certain.
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25833
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

What is your theory, out of curiosity?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Let’s start with some facts first.
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
robinson
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:01 am
Title: Pretty much dead already
Location: USA

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by robinson »

Let us be clear on one important fact. Ducks are the primary source of the flu

Migratory ducks are where the flu comes from each year, and this fact is not disputed by anyone
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 25833
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Historic no seasonal flu season

Post by gnome »

Any chance you could put it all in one post? Whatever facts you want to start with, then your theory.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2