Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

We are the Borg.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Pyrrho »

https://respectfulinsolence.com/2021/11 ... zermectin/
Both ivermectin and the Pfizer drug are protease inhibitors, but ivermectin is being “suppressed” because Pfizer wants to make huge profits from its drug Paxlovid and ivermectin is a cheap competitor. (Merck’s drug is not a protease inhibitor, but instead works by being incorporated into the new RNA strand being copied to be packaged into the new virus particles being produced, where it, as one scientist put it, causes the coronavirus to “mutate itself to death.”)

As is the case with many COVID-19 conspiracy theories, there is a tiny grain of truth in the comparison of the drugs, but only a very tiny grain that conspiracy theorists seem to view as a whole field of wheat. In this post, I’ll discuss how one has to ignore some very basic pharmacological principles that differentiate the drugs in order to make the leap to the claim that ivermectin is just like Paxlovid, but being “suppressed” because it’s cheap and generic, as opposed to Paxlovid, which will be on patent and, of course, not cheap. In fact, ignoring one principle will do, the same pharmacological principle whose willful misunderstanding led to people claiming that ivermectin is a miracle cure for COVID-19, namely that concentration matters.

Spoiler alert: Ivermectin does inhibit the same protease that PF-07321332 does, but, as is the case for viral replication, it requires a concentration that is not achievable by oral dosing.
robinson
Title: Sardonic asshole

Post by robinson »

So the horse medicine can’t work?
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

My 5g signal reception has been lagging lately, so I've booked an appointment to get my COVID-19 booster shot on December 1.
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

Pyrrho wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:23 pm https://respectfulinsolence.com/2021/11 ... zermectin/
Both ivermectin and the Pfizer drug are protease inhibitors, but ivermectin is being “suppressed” because Pfizer wants to make huge profits from its drug Paxlovid and ivermectin is a cheap competitor. (Merck’s drug is not a protease inhibitor, but instead works by being incorporated into the new RNA strand being copied to be packaged into the new virus particles being produced, where it, as one scientist put it, causes the coronavirus to “mutate itself to death.”)

As is the case with many COVID-19 conspiracy theories, there is a tiny grain of truth in the comparison of the drugs, but only a very tiny grain that conspiracy theorists seem to view as a whole field of wheat. In this post, I’ll discuss how one has to ignore some very basic pharmacological principles that differentiate the drugs in order to make the leap to the claim that ivermectin is just like Paxlovid, but being “suppressed” because it’s cheap and generic, as opposed to Paxlovid, which will be on patent and, of course, not cheap. In fact, ignoring one principle will do, the same pharmacological principle whose willful misunderstanding led to people claiming that ivermectin is a miracle cure for COVID-19, namely that concentration matters.

Spoiler alert: Ivermectin does inhibit the same protease that PF-07321332 does, but, as is the case for viral replication, it requires a concentration that is not achievable by oral dosing.
Good job we're coming up on cyber monday for a run on keyboards.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

South Africa variant discussion. Data are in flux, things will probably change:

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Bee point one point one point five two nine doesn't roll off the tongue like my sexual partners.

Come on! Give it a letter. Not fucking Greek this time. Boring. Try being less racist when telling the rest of the world how to say things.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

"Nu"

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03552-w
Researchers in South Africa are racing to track the concerning rise of a new variant of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The variant harbours a large number of mutations found in other variants, including Delta, and it seems to be spreading quickly across South Africa.

A top priority is to follow the variant more closely as it spreads: it was first identified in Botswana this month and has turned up in travellers to Hong Kong from South Africa. Scientists are also trying to understand the variant’s properties, such as whether it can evade immune responses triggered by vaccines and whether it causes more or less severe disease than other variants do.
"...travellers to Hong Kong..." well, that cat's out of the proverbial bag. Hold on to your butts.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.who.int/news/item/26-11-202 ... of-concern

Classification of Omicron (B.1.1.529): SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern
robinson

Post by robinson »

If the authorities were really worried about Covid, they would stop all travel for two weeks

Seriously

How the fuck do you think it spreads internationally?
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Survival of the fittest.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

– J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

FDA Advisory Committee scheduled for November 30 regarding the Merck anti-viral medication.

https://www.fda.gov/advisory-committees ... 1-11302021

Briefing documents are available for review by august and learned individuals and/or their armchairs.

Also:

https://www.statnews.com/2021/11/26/new ... ovid-pill/
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Pyrrho wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:57 pm https://www.who.int/news/item/26-11-202 ... of-concern

Classification of Omicron (B.1.1.529): SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern
Omicron. Feh.

Not even in the right order.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Not one iota?

– J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Link: https://twitter.com/JenniferNuzzo/status/1464656828860669956

robinson

Post by robinson »

Stopping travel works, no matter what variant is in any location

The 1917 flu pandemic ended when it got so bad everyone quarantined
robinson

Post by robinson »

Or died
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

shemp wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:05 pm For those who prefer truth over lies, nonsense and hyperbole: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
Since I started this thread a long time ago. The OP is now comically Shemp and my analysis was demonstrably more correct at any time during the pandemic than the link he provided.

It is with great relish that I rub his no doubt dumb looking face in metaphorical shit. Back and forth. Take your shit bitch.

What a dumb fucking idiot Shemp turned out to be. Wrong every month of the pandemic following lying bureacrats, always a day late and a dollar short. How's those leaky vaccines working out? Oh right, just like the smart people told you. Idiot.
robinson

Post by robinson »

ceptimus wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:53 pm Looking on the bright side, a cull of a sizeable fraction of humans will benefit wildlife and help to reduce pollution and climate change.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

What's the point of discussing anything if all it's going to be is how stupid everybody else is.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

post-skeptic wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:10 pm
shemp wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:05 pm For those who prefer truth over lies, nonsense and hyperbole: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
Since I started this thread a long time ago. The OP is now comically Shemp and my analysis was demonstrably more correct at any time during the pandemic than the link he provided.

It is with great relish that I rub his no doubt dumb looking face in metaphorical shit. Back and forth. Take your shit bitch.

What a dumb fucking idiot Shemp turned out to be. Wrong every month of the pandemic following lying bureacrats, always a day late and a dollar short. How's those leaky vaccines working out? Oh right, just like the smart people told you. Idiot.
Nobody ever claimed 100% efficacy.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Exactly, which is why you don't mass vaccinate with the leaky vaccine during the actual pandemic.

This is actually science 101 that has been "Trust Science (TM)" replaced by the neo-Lysenkoists.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

The clown here remains cuntlips.

– J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://i.imgur.com/2rUSfuE.jpg
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Doctor X wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:23 pm The clown here remains cuntlips.

– J.D.
Just because you are too old, fat, and stupid to be cool anymore doesn't mean you need to simp for points with the forum admin with low effort ingroup signal attempts.

Cringey, eww.

And if you didn't know we aren't administratering the injections correctly in America and tried to distract Pyrrho from that fact you could be morally culpable for any vaccine injury he might get.

We don't even bother injecting properly in America and it should be a huge scandal.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

IT'S IN MY HOME STATE

https://www.ideastream.org/news/a-cleve ... w-about-it
The omicron variant of the coronavirus, which the World Health Organization recently designated as a variant of concern after it was discovered to be spreading quickly throughout South Africa, has not yet been detected in Northeast Ohio or anywhere in the U.S. – but it will likely be found here soon, according to medical experts.

“There’s a good chance that it’s somewhere in the states, or it will show up soon if it’s not already here,” said Dr. Daniel Rhoads, section head of microbiology at Cleveland Clinic.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 67453.html
Marcus Lamb, founder and CEO of conservative Christian broadcaster Daystar Television Network and a vocal anti-vaxxer, died at the age of 64, weeks after he tested positive for Covid-19.
Apparently he was diabetic. There are unverified claims that he'd been taking ivermectin as a prophylaxis.

https://www.newsweek.com/televangelist- ... id-1654619
Daystar Television confirmed Lamb's death on Tuesday, although the network's announcement didn't mention a cause of death. However, Marcus' wife, Joni Lamb, confirmed her husband died from COVID-19, saying that he had been hospitalized after his oxygen dropped and alternative treatments proved ineffective.

Lamb, according to Joni Lamb, was diabetic, which made him a high risk for becoming seriously ill from COVID-19 and the 64-year-old was just on the cusp of being considered high risk because of his age.
Granted, this has nothing to do with vaccine efficacy. Kind of casts a shadow on alternative remedies, though, unless we just handwave it away on the basis of "comorbidities" of age and diabetes. Or the Lord just kind of said "Meh," in response to a deluge of prayers, in this case.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Prayed to the wrong god.

– J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

His son is blaming it on "the enemy."

Ah well.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marcus-lam ... formation/
On the November 23 episode of their Ministry Now program, Jonathan Lamb called his father's illness a "spiritual attack from the enemy."

"As much as my parents have gone on here to kind of inform everyone about everything going on in the pandemic and some of the ways to treat COVID, there's no doubt that the enemy is not happy about that and he's doing everything he can to take down my dad," he said.
...and the grift goes on.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Meanwhile...

Northeast Ohio hospitals are alarmed and overwhelmed by COVID-19 patients, officials say
Akron-area hospitals are preparing to transport patients to other facilities, but Cleveland hospitals are not an option as many of them have cut bed capacity due to staffing shortages, she said.

“We’re just running out of beds here, so we’re going to talk to Central Ohio,” Gatlin said. “Because of the number of COVID cases, it’s just backing up those beds.”

The main reason hospitals are so strapped is staffing issues, Gatlin said. Hospitals have had to cut back on bed capacity due to staff members quitting or being out sick, she said.

COVID-19 hospitalizations across the state climbed to 3,988 Wednesday – the highest reported number since September, said John Palmer, director of public affairs at the Ohio Hospital Association. About 1 in 6 patients at Ohio hospitals have COVID-19, he added, and for intensive care unit patients, that statistic is 1 in 4.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

In all seriousness, I like how they contradict themselves and bury the actual problem:
Pyrrho wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:19 pm Meanwhile...

Northeast Ohio hospitals are alarmed and overwhelmed by COVID-19 patients, officials say
I skip and jump. I like to press wild flowers.

“We’re just running out of beds here, so we’re going to talk to Central Ohio,” Gatlin said. “Because of the number of COVID cases, it’s just backing up those beds.”

The main reason hospitals are so strapped is staffing issues, Gatlin said. Hospitals have had to cut back on bed capacity due to staff members quitting or being out sick, she said.
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.
Now the why they are quitting is important. Pure speculation on my part so, like cuntlips I will claim it is because NTRs and cucks and whatever the Kool Kids scream at 4-chan.

Wibble.

– J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Article in The Atlantic:

WHY HEALTH-CARE WORKERS ARE QUITTING IN DROVES

I'm not going to cherry-pick from it, because they discuss a variety of reasons.

And hey, the local dive bar closed a year ago...

Oh, this is my 32000th post. :cowbell:
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Pyrrho wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:53 pmOh, this is my 32000th post. :cowbell:
N00b.

– J.D.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

The Atlantic.

I am afraid the bullshit starts right in the first paragraph:
Their lungs were so ruined that only a hand-pumped ventilation bag could supply enough oxygen.
Yeah . . . no.

– J.D.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Pyrrho wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:13 pm What's the point of discussing anything if all it's going to be is how stupid everybody else is.
Compared to me, everyone is. So I'm the only one that can say it.

I'm also the funniest poster and most attractive.

And best warrior.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Doctor X wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:50 pm
Their lungs were so ruined that only a hand-pumped ventilation bag could supply enough oxygen.

– J.D.
https://i.ibb.co/wMg6d9b/ice-cube-wtf.gif
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Yeah. Reads very much like the physician who lied about patients begging for the vaccine as they are being intubated.

Lies from all sides are just that: lies.

– J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Doctor X wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:07 am Yeah. Reads very much like the physician who lied about patients begging for the vaccine as they are being intubated.

Lies from all sides are just that: lies.

– J.D.
And none of that horseshit helps this situation at all. Maybe helps someone to a pile of money and fame but otherwise?