What have you been watching lately

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: What have you been watching lately

Post by Doctor X »

We call her "Corn."

– J.D.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

What We Do In The Shadows Season 3
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

I would advise all Brits , who have not done so already, to stay the fuck away from the updated "Question of Sport."

Paddy Unfunnyturd and two ...who?

Tonight one of the panellists is Antione du Beck.. a dancer from strictly come dancing and there is a segment on wines as a lead-in to a round on tennis players faces on cartoon wine bottles.

"Sport."

Grats for wrecking a popular 50 year old franchise, Auntie.

I expect northerners will love it.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

– J. "I Feel Fat! And Sassy!" D.
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Hotarubi wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:58 pm I would advise all Brits , who have not done so already, to stay the fuck away from the updated "Question of Sport."

Tonight one of the panellists is Antione du Beck.. a dancer from strictly come dancing and there is a segment on wines as a lead-in to a round on tennis players faces on cartoon wine bottles.

"Sport."

Why should Dr. Who be alone?
ed

Post by ed »

Rewatching The Worst Year of my Life. Makes you wince.
Also Richard Ayode (from the IT Crowd) in a funny travel show. Gves cities 48 hours. Diverting.

Also Kate Winslet in Mere of Eastsomething or other. Nice, like True Detective in some ways. She is a fine actress.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

ed wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:38 am
Hotarubi wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:58 pm I would advise all Brits , who have not done so already, to stay the fuck away from the updated "Question of Sport."

"Sport."

I fully hope that "Who" will improve now *expletives deleteddeleteddeleted* Chibnall has stopped shitting on the carpet, 2/3 of supporting castthatcan'tact have disappeared, and that Russel T Davies has returned as showrunner.

Also Whittaker was not the best choice as 15th and first woman Doctor. Michelle Gomez would have been Stellar.

So would Keith David Thandie Newton.

Funny, I am currently rewatching the Capaldi years. Better than the credit that was given.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Ooh, 4th and final season of Goliath is on Prime UK. Thats a treat.
robinson
Title: Sardonic asshole

Post by robinson »

Binged the entire Mandalorian series

The wife, who rarely cares for Star Wars fell in love with Baby Yoda
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

I hope they kill the fucker in the 2nd series because that indulgence was becoming tedious.

Preferred the Japanese Original
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

"Sport."

This week: Jaime Laing. Talentless shithead from Made in Chelsea. A pisspoor attempt to piggyback on the just as pisspoor Jersey Shore. In fact Geordie Shore hit new low standards in shit television with Northerners acting up for the camera trying to be funny or interesting and failing miserably.

Don't get me started on this.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

"Sport."

There you go ed, Sontarans v Redcoats.

That reaches new heights of epic. Possibly.

Weeping angels are back unfortunately. Should not have been used again since "Blink" which remains the best "Who" episode ever.
Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce »

Doom Patrole on HBO Max. Pretty damn awesome. Loved season 1, and liking season 2 so far.
ed

Post by ed »

Bruce wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:54 am Doom Patrole on HBO Max. Pretty damn awesome. Loved season 1, and liking season 2 so far.
Is that final "e" accented? I am at a loss with affected speech.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Bruce wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:54 am Doom Patrole on HBO Max. Pretty damn awesome. Loved season 1, and liking season 2 so far.
Thanks for the heads up. Just started watching the pilot, it’s fucking great.

I actually was a huge doom patrol comic fan, owned every issue. I was fucking pissed when they killed them off in 1968
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Doom Patrol is fantastic. It's weird but good weird.
robinson

Post by robinson »

I'm watching the new DUNE movie

HBO max has it, streaming it to my phone
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

How is it?
robinson

Post by robinson »

It was pretty good

Made me want to see part two and three
robinson

Post by robinson »

IMAX experience material for sure
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

I'll probably watch it today and plan on IMAX experience on Tuesday.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Dune was good. I think certain scenes will be great in IMAX.
ed

Post by ed »

FIFY
Grammatron wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:43 am Dune was goodsucked. I think certain scenes will be great in IMAX can't improve it.
ed

Post by ed »

This is out today for streaming
https://www.amazon.com/Capote-Tapes-Tru ... 591&sr=8-1

I have been a fan of Capote for a long time and I read the Plimpton book on which this film is based.

The auguring in of a prodigious talent like Capote's is staggering. Anyway, you lot might find it interesting.

BTW he was not a gay rights leader, at least not in a simple, linear, way. He was who he was and never made any bones about it. He didn't advertise nor did he shirk. Worthy of respect I think.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

It was indeed epic in IMAX
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Grammatron wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:51 am It was indeed epic in IMAX
*Snicker! Snicker!*

So's Your *Snicker! Snicker!*

– J. "Something Shiny!" D.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

If you wish to retain *any* fond memory of Doctor Who whatsoever I absolutely implore you NOT TO WATCH "Flux" at any cost.

I remember once I was walking to school with a school friend on a cold winters day along with his mum who were walking the family red setter. As we were walking, the setter decided to have a turn out, squatted, kinda whined a little, dropped an atrocious fart that sounded like phphfgghggbbbgbgfygtfggbbbbbggphfff (approx) and obviously last night's processed horse was a little bit past sell-by date as it unleashed a torrent of liquidshit unlike which the universe has ever seen. A Stream of the devil's own gravy shot out of its burning arse and spattered the accumulations pool, send lung drops in all directions It was fetid. There are no words to describe it other than "sledgehammer hitting toothpaste tube". Mam, foolishly decided to have a closer look which coincided with the setter's "second push" accompanied/followed by a propulsion poghgffgfhgfhpppfgt which she obviously caught a wiff of.

As the particles assailed this pitiful women's nostrils she snapped her head back, thought for a moment to try and comprehend the level of feculence she had just been exposed to, then unloaded the readybrek copiously over a row of budding snowdrops. A quick glance at the setter seared onto any onlooker's mind the vision of "liquid clagnuts" re: its pulsing anus trying trying to squeeze out any residue and, that which was, clinging desperately to its disgusting matted ginger fur, as the pool of liquidshit steamed in the cold winter air.

I mention this in passing because If....if you had scooped up the liquishit and the hapless woman's carrot laden vomit, chucked it In the Kenwood on full power for three minutes, and served it in your worst China, it would be several levels more palatable than the abomination that is Chibnall's "Flux."

I hope John Bishop's character - which essentially is John Bishop - dies hideously over the course of the whole of the last episode. With torture. Doing his own stunts.

Chibnall, you should be suspended by the eye sockets with fishhooks through your eyes while crying children throw die-cast lead daleks at you. Shithead.
DJ

Post by DJ »

You have a way with words, Hoturabi. A serious gift there.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Watching "Dark" on Netflix. :shock:
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Pyrrho wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:16 pm Watching "Dark" on Netflix. :shock:
You will remember the music of Nena, Herr Tiedemann.

Take notes.

Lots of notes.

– J.D.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Last Night in Soho. The movie has some issues that keeps it from being excellent, but it's a beautiful trip into the dark-side of nostalgia.
Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado »

Hotarubi wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:29 pm
If you wish to retain *any* fond memory of Doctor Who whatsoever I absolutely implore you NOT TO WATCH "Flux" at any cost.

I remember once I was walking to school with a school friend on a cold winters day along with his mum who were walking the family red setter. As we were walking, the setter decided to have a turn out, squatted, kinda whined a little, dropped an atrocious fart that sounded like phphfgghggbbbgbgfygtfggbbbbbggphfff (approx) and obviously last night's processed horse was a little bit past sell-by date as it unleashed a torrent of liquidshit unlike which the universe has ever seen. A Stream of the devil's own gravy shot out of its burning arse and spattered the accumulations pool, send lung drops in all directions It was fetid. There are no words to describe it other than "sledgehammer hitting toothpaste tube". Mam, foolishly decided to have a closer look which coincided with the setter's "second push" accompanied/followed by a propulsion poghgffgfhgfhpppfgt which she obviously caught a wiff of.

As the particles assailed this pitiful women's nostrils she snapped her head back, thought for a moment to try and comprehend the level of feculence she had just been exposed to, then unloaded the readybrek copiously over a row of budding snowdrops. A quick glance at the setter seared onto any onlooker's mind the vision of "liquid clagnuts" re: its pulsing anus trying trying to squeeze out any residue and, that which was, clinging desperately to its disgusting matted ginger fur, as the pool of liquidshit steamed in the cold winter air.

I mention this in passing because If....if you had scooped up the liquishit and the hapless woman's carrot laden vomit, chucked it In the Kenwood on full power for three minutes, and served it in your worst China, it would be several levels more palatable than the abomination that is Chibnall's "Flux."

I hope John Bishop's character - which essentially is John Bishop - dies hideously over the course of the whole of the last episode. With torture. Doing his own stunts.

Chibnall, you should be suspended by the eye sockets with fishhooks through your eyes while crying children throw die-cast lead daleks at you. Shithead.
Well, I am sorry, but this review is entirely too kind.

(I liked Capaldi himself -- but he had some very bad scripts to work with.)
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Ben Trovado wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:44 pm
I liked Capaldi himself -- but he had some very bad scripts to work with.
I did too, apart from the self-indulgent guitar playing. No surprise that Moffatt wrote the better episodes of that incarnation. "Heaven Sent" and the "Witch's Familiar/Magicians apprentice" being notable.

Needed more Clara, Bill was dreadful. And Nardole? Eh
Using comedians as companions had already run thin by that point. In fact only Tate had worked. Spectacularly. Gomez was a stellar master. The best yet.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Yellowstone
ed

Post by ed »

Saw Spencer the other night. Liked the chick who played Diana in Reighn, figured it was worth a shot. I was wrong.

Lord almighty was I wrong.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com ... f=1&nofb=1

1-the music throughout was horrible. I could have written it. 2 notes ... repeated
2-overwrought bullshit. If this bears any relation to truth, Diana should have been committed
3-made up bullshit that played pivotal parts to the story ie. pearls, running in front of shooting hunters to "rescue" her kids etc
4-one day in the life of one of the most privleged people on earth and my, how she suffered. :roll:
5-seeing Ann Boylan for reasons that were completely obscure. Jesus what bullshit.
6-all sorts of imagined crap that is overlaid with reality just to confuse you for dramatic effect.

Dammit, I've had it. Who directed this turd?

Fucking Pablo. A mexican, it figures. Montezumas revenge writ large and inflicted on entire audiences at once.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ped%29.jpg
Mexican/Chilean same damn thing.

Here, c'mere "Pablo"... closer :De_Bunk:

I feel better now.

I think Diana got fucked over properly. She was what, 18 when she got married? I feel very sorry for her but please ...

It is time to let her rest in peace.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

"The Wheel of Time."

Having not read the source material I am watching with no expectations.*

Interesting. Apart from the obvious early "borrows" ( being kind because there's a few) from LotR, I'm sticking with it.

* - I do detest these vacuous beardy turds that drink piss like "Spitfire" bitter who can't wait to go on forums to whine about the utter disgrace that The adaptation " didn't show Plebwank the Impotent travel to the chasm of Indeheghshat and meet the triple titted sisters of Buttefuque and IT'S RUINED THE FRANCHISE FOR ME!!!!1

Who cares. Twat.