The Covid vaccines really do work

We are the Borg.
post-skeptic

Re: The Covid vaccines really do work

Post by post-skeptic »

I'm taking a vitamin D lamp to someone's house today. That person is sick. They need help. They have Covid. Triple vaxxed.

I'm not even going to wear a mask. I'm going to hug them and let them know it's going to be okay. The doctors let this morbidly obese woman on her own to deal with Covid. And I have a righteous fury for those who still apologize for "medical workers" we pretend have imaginary honors and deserve the title "Doctor".
robinson
Title: Sardonic asshole

Post by robinson »

Pyrrho wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:27 am 1. There have never been any claims by the pharmaceutical companies or CDC or the FDA that the vaccines are 100% effective.

2. Go to 1.
You didn’t answer the question
robinson

Post by robinson »

if an entire country has protected its people by not allowing anyone with the virus to enter, would they be putting everyone at risk by letting vaccinated people in?
robinson

Post by robinson »

Pyrrho wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:06 pm Yes, there are data showing the rate of adverse events, and I completely understand why there would be concern even if those rates are small. Someone is going to have an adverse event and nobody wants that.
But that's OK, because the vaccines are worth the risk. Because they will keep you safe from Covid!
"You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations," Biden said in the CNN interview.

However, while it is rare for fully vaccinated people to get Covid, it does happen.

Just last week a vaccinated White House official and an aide for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi were among those who tested positive amid a breakout in DC.

Among the other vaccinated people who tested positive were several Texas Democrats who recently fled to DC to avoid passing a bill on voting rights in their own state.

At other points in the town hall, Biden made less sweeping comments about the vaccine yet some of these were also wrong.

"This is a simple, basic proposition: If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in an ICU unit, and you’re not going to die," he said.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3337872/bi ... nfections/

Biden was more accurate at another point in the town hall when he said vaccinated people who get Covid at “not likely to get sick.”
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Oh noes, he posted three times, the mad man.

Haters gonna hate, and they really hate being told "told you so" after mocking you with CNN talking points for 2 years. They enjoyed mocking and heckling when they thought they were on "the right side".

In real life with people I know personally, I say nothing. Not my business. Kill your kid because someone on TV told you myocarditis is fine. It's not my business. However, my mom's Moderna micro stroke is my business.

I figured that at her age, the vaccine was safer than the virus. That's the game theory we've been playing. That was the original script. vaccinate the vulnerable. There was a bit of risk in warp speed, but the rationale at the time was that nursing home patients were dead anyway if they got it. So like, perfect trial subjects for mRNA.

Tucker covered the equity thing on his show, and I'll be honest with you all. These govenrment people are just morons. The essential workers getting the vaccines before the elderly wasn't due to equity/race. Jeff Bezos wanted Amazon wagies jabbed first "so America can keep people fed this winter!" Equity was the excuse. The states who followed that lead on equity, don't realize it was a cover for corporatism.

My mother got Moderna because she's over 70 with health issues. And it still nearly killed her. I pushed her into it because at the time I thought I understood the risks.
Ed have mercy on us all. Progress at Any Cost.

Her husband just got boosted and has a new lung blood clot trophy. He's a slow learner. This is my confession of the last "unpleasant things" I know about covid and vaccines. The fda/cdc should have protected us from the capitalists instead of rubber stamping.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

https://i.imgur.com/HWfeYTI.jpg

See, part of the problem is, people assume the professional class are being honest. You'd think "All the Smart People Agree!" if you watch TV. You'd make fun of geniuses because their viewpoints sound weird when you are fed lies.

The smart people understand game theory and that letting the plebs take the jab first and watching the results over years is the wisest choice.

They lied to you publicly about being for it, while encouraging you to take it.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 92427.html
Right-wing talk radio personality Glenn Beck on Wednesday said he has contracted Covid-19 for the second time and complained about the disease’s effect on his lungs.

“It’s starting to go into my lungs today and a little disturbing. I’m on all the medications and treatments and everything else, so ... it’s all good,” Mr Beck said during an appearance on Mark Levin’s daily radio show.

Mr Beck said the antibody treatment “doesn’t seem to be working” in his case, but he added that he is taking Ivermectin, an anti parasite drug popular in right-wing, anti-vaccine circles that has no proven effect against Covid-19.
Mr. Beck has said that he is not vaccinated.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

So I guess he did not actually take "all of the treatments."

– J.D.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Pyrrho wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:15 pm an anti parasite drug popular in right-wing, anti-vaccine circles that has no proven effect against Covid-19.
Fakenews keeps faking. Film at 11.

Right wing guy catches cold, "my god the horror". Triple Vaxxed people catch a cold, "this means its working".

I'd hate to be the kind of rube these lies work on.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

https://i.imgur.com/lwR0lkg.jpg

What's wrong in this photo if you are actually well informed?
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

I hope that kids' ovaries still work when she turns 18. Good work Faucists.
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

Three minutes.

Three bitter rageposts.

So funny.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Doctor X wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:47 pm So I guess he did not actually take "all of the treatments."

– J.D.
Not teh cow piss?
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

In watching dragon maid Kobayashi while shitposting.

And youre letting me live rent in your head with your rage posting internal fantasy.

I'm fine with this.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... ar-AASL7ti
Levin then asked Beck whether he had been treated with monoclonal antibodies, a therapy that former President Donald Trump received after getting a COVID-19 infection in October 2020. Although monoclonal antibodies can be effective, only one of three leading versions of the therapy works against the currently dominant omicron variant and supplies are very limited.

"No, the monoclonal doesn't seem to be working for the new strain," Beck said after coughing. "But I'm on ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine—what is it, Fluvoxin? I'm on a bunch of different...I mean, my doctors are hitting it really hard."

Beck has refused to get vaccinated against COVID-19, reasoning that his past infection made him immune to future infections. During an interview with Fox News host Tucker Carlson in April 2021, Beck said "I"m not going to get a vaccination because I've already had it."
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

post-skeptic wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:10 pm However, my mom's Moderna micro stroke is my business.

I figured that at her age, the vaccine was safer than the virus. That's the game theory we've been playing. That was the original script. vaccinate the vulnerable. There was a bit of risk in warp speed, but the rationale at the time was that nursing home patients were dead anyway if they got it. So like, perfect trial subjects for mRNA.

Tucker covered the equity thing on his show, and I'll be honest with you all. These govenrment people are just morons. The essential workers getting the vaccines before the elderly wasn't due to equity/race. Jeff Bezos wanted Amazon wagies jabbed first "so America can keep people fed this winter!" Equity was the excuse. The states who followed that lead on equity, don't realize it was a cover for corporatism.

My mother got Moderna because she's over 70 with health issues. And it still nearly killed her. I pushed her into it because at the time I thought I understood the risks.
Ed have mercy on us all. Progress at Any Cost.

Her husband just got boosted and has a new lung blood clot trophy. He's a slow learner. This is my confession of the last "unpleasant things" I know about covid and vaccines. The fda/cdc should have protected us from the capitalists instead of rubber stamping.
Fwiw, I think you did the right thing. People in that age group have stokes and blood clots with or without. My dad had a stroke last year before vaccines were available so it couldn't have been a vaccine-induced stroke. I see no reason to assume that the vaccine is what caused her stroke or her husband's blood clot. And these sort of outcomes or worse might have happened in the counterfactual. If they don't get vaccinated and then they get Covid, it could have been really bad. There is evidence that Covid-19 can lead to both (obviously a blood clot can lead to a stroke).

https://www.stlukeshealth.org/resources ... ed-to-know

If you think the vaccine is risky, well, choosing to not get vaccinated would have been even riskier. We don't know what the outcome would have been if she had made that choice. We can only do what we think is best based on the best information at the time.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Is there more vaccine harm now, or during the swine flu vaccine scandal?

https://i.imgur.com/gO4FPC7.jpg

Not these, the one from the 70s. Forget that they try this shit every so often with the same results. That will allow it to happen yet again. Notice the implied threat in the second caption. They were already floating these trial ballons back then. These people have a demonstrated record of being wrong going back to the 70s with these viral outbreaks.

There is no good faith at all in the idea that we are good at this. It has never been established. You are on the wrong side of history and you weren't even aware of the history.

Oh right, you refuse to look up anything and demand it be served to you like a child.

Here:

Is 60 Minutes "Sauce" ?
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Next pandemic, we'll finally get it right for sure. We won't have to kill as many kids for sure. (since the 70s trying the vacc strat for cold/flu outbreaks)
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

You could say, that the preponderance of evidence says using real world trials going back 40 years says it's a failed strategy. So why is there the default assumption it would work? You guys are still arguing with me, as your whole world of misinformation falls apart daily and you come more out of the gas lighting.

Take the full leap. Stop following the narrative that's crumbling already. You're just going to take a bigger L if you don't, but it's not your fault. The authorities are liars.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

One more red pill before I hit the Sauna, but you can do this trick and see exactly what the problem is. Pretend Fauci is actually Don Jr, and then look at what the NIH actually does versus what you think it does. Then look at their funding model. It will all click into place how we've had 40 years of failed vaccine strategies for cold and flu pandemics.

This is the time that we can stop it before it happens again. But we need people to get their heads out of their asses and start mailing their congressmen. Any Economist or Human Engineer can tell you exactly what the issue is.
DJ

Post by DJ »

post-skeptic wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:46 am https://i.imgur.com/lwR0lkg.jpg

What's wrong in this photo if you are actually well informed?
As long as the provider aspirated before injecting, then nothing. Some blood on the bandage only indicates that a vessel was nicked by the needle.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

They didnt, America doesn't. Some pro science European countries actually follow the directions.

If only we could be so forward thinking as the euros who can read instructions...
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Dr, Malone and Bret Weinstein went on Rogan this summer and blew the whistle on the vaccine not staying in the muscle. Being found in testes and ovaries.

While the corporate press and government have been in complete denial of that truth, the rational among us have been looking for reasons. Inadvertent Vascular Administration is the most likely answer. You have to remember, I'm an actual genius so putting together something as easy is this is child's play. I'm not a CDC worker looking at the same data and then ignoring it because I believe in vaccines as a religion. In fact, they censored Naomi Klein for trying to speak up for women and children with vaccine injuries.

We've been on a 50 year cycle apparently of injuring people with vaccines to stop pandemics. It never works. This time however, the virus became political since it was used to score a narrow win over Trump. Many of the "pro pfizer" camp are just Democrats who actually believed Trump was Hitler because CNN said so.
Last edited by post-skeptic on Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DJ

Post by DJ »

Is this a new thing? This doesn’t reflect my training, nor my experiences. Regardless, given the morphology, the chances of injecting into a small vessel are still pretty slim.

ETA a little reading: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5333604/
Last edited by DJ on Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

So are the side effects. QED
DJ

Post by DJ »

post-skeptic wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:34 pm So are the side effects. QED
Until I did a search, I wasn’t even aware if the controversy. Having acquired GBS from a vaccination myself, I’ll grant that the small numbers are meaningful. Put me down on the pro aspiration side.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Thanks! All I want is for people to be happy and healthy.

I think aspiration is the kind of low hanging fruit we should be reaching for. I am pro-vaccine in the pre 2021 definition. I have more than most people. I can't even remember what some of them are. Yellow Fever? Hep C? I got no idea. Travel related. The point is, when they rolled out the mRNA platform I was very skeptical. I still remain skeptical. I think it's healthy to be skeptical.

Most people aren't aware that real scientists are the people pointing these things out. Not naturopaths. That's how toxic the pro-Pfizer camp is.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

From March 2021:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8014568/
Cases of apparent secondary immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) after SARS‐CoV‐2 vaccination with both the Pfizer and Moderna versions have been reported and reached public attention. Public alarm was heightened following the death of the first identified patient from an intracranial hemorrhage, which was reported on the Internet, then in USA Today 1 and then in The New York Times. 2 Described below, we have collected a series of cases of very low platelet counts occurring within 2 weeks of vaccination in order to enhance our understanding of the possible relationship, if any, between SARS‐CoV‐2 vaccination and development of ITP with implications for surveillance and management.

Twenty case reports of patients with thrombocytopenia following vaccination, 17 without pre‐existing thrombocytopenia and 14 with reported bleeding symptoms prior to hospitalization were identified upon review of data available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), agencies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), published reports, 3 , 4 and via direct communication with patients and treating providers. These cases were investigated as suspicious for new onset, post‐vaccination secondary ITP; we could not exclude exacerbation of clinically undetected ITP. Search terms relating to “decreased platelet count”, “immune thrombocytopenia”, “hemorrhage”, “petechiae”, and “contusion” were utilized to identify cases reported in VAERS.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

I've even entertained the idea that the mRNA platform itself is fine, but that sloppy delivery is the cause of sides. However, we can't have that discussion in the current public discourse, even if it saves lives.

I never thought we'd have montage videos of soccer players keeling over with heart issues from these vaccines, and still have people saying "I see nothing!".
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

DJ wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:48 pm
post-skeptic wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:34 pm So are the side effects. QED
Until I did a search, I wasn’t even aware if the controversy. Having acquired GBS from a vaccination myself, I’ll grant that the small numbers are meaningful. Put me down on the pro aspiration side.
This is Keith Olbermann unknowingly demonstrating how not to get the jab. The caption is by people who know what they are seeing.

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

post-skeptic wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:38 am In watching dragon maid Kobayashi while shitposting.

And youre letting me live rent in your head with your rage posting internal fantasy.

I'm fine with this.
Ragepost noted.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Hotarubi wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:10 pm
post-skeptic wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:38 am In watching dragon maid Kobayashi while shitposting.

I'm fine with this.
Ragepost noted.
Last night, I got to the gym late. I hate going late. But whatever.

I got my sauna time in, rocked some squats, then I went out to the market to buy some Capicola. The first place I went to didn't have the lobster spread I like though, so I had to drive to another market. I wound up buying Cappa, some nice imported spicy Salami, some goat cheese. I did all of this without needing a phone, an app, a mask, or a vaccination status. Unmasked smiling faces were all around me. According to the media, there should be parking lots full of dead people. I hope Australians forgive America when this is over. I'm moonwalking to the gym while they have people in gulags.

Then I went home, and made a charcuterie board and had some food. And I shitposted some more. It was a good day man. I bet i can top it today though. The covid narrative is falling apart, but the problem is that right wingers and anti-science people are beating skeptics there because skeptics have an undue trust in illusory authority. Basically, soon we are going to have a situation where yellow dog Democrats live in a virtual reality wearing masks and looking silly while the world has moved on. Michael Shermer will still be dropping blue pilled takes that read like CDC talking points after this is over.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Personally I wouldn't want either the J&J or AstraZeneca vaccines, because both of them are known to cause blood clots, and are not as demonstrably effective as the mRNA vaccines.

Blood clots are also a known effect of the COVID-19 virus, especially in people with existing conditions such as diabetes and heart disease, as well as old age. The virus killed my aunt and uncle but it is also true that they were already severely ill. No way to know how the vaccines would have affected them but for sure know how the virus did. I can't fault them for living into their 80s. I can fault the caregiver who was coughing up what the fuck ever in their house.

Always comes down to benefit vs risk for any pharmaceuticals. That I have to leave in the knowledgeable hands of my primary care physician.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Almost everything you just said is Pfizer marketing.

J&J vs Pfizer has been one big corporate disinfo campaign, and that's why so much of the data is suspect. We have pro-Pfizer media but J&J is the formerly most powerful Pharma company. We're watching a war in the oligarchy and seeing the shadows on the wall.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

https://i.imgur.com/7SzGAjd.jpg

"effective"

By the time they roll up and massage the data, it will probably show that the Pfizer shots also cure cancer.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

post-skeptic wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:40 pm
Hotarubi wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:10 pm

I'm fine with this.
Ragepost noted.
Last night, I got to the gym late. I hate going late. But whatever.

I got my sauna time in, rocked some squats, then I went out to the market to buy some Capicola. The first place I went to didn't have the lobster spread I like though, so I had to drive to another market. I wound up buying Cappa, some nice imported spicy Salami, some goat cheese. I did all of this without needing a phone, an app, a mask, or a vaccination status. Unmasked smiling faces were all around me. According to the media, there should be parking lots full of dead people. I hope Australians forgive America when this is over. I'm moonwalking to the gym while they have people in gulags.

Then I went home, and made a charcuterie board and had some food. And I shitposted some more. It was a good day man. I bet i can top it today though. The covid narrative is falling apart, but the problem is that right wingers and anti-science people are beating skeptics there because skeptics have an undue trust in illusory authority. Basically, soon we are going to have a situation where yellow dog Democrats live in a virtual reality wearing masks and looking silly while the world has moved on. Michael Shermer will still be dropping blue pilled takes that read like CDC talking points after this is over.
Also gives me a warm feeling that you are irritated so much that you have to take time to post a wall of text.

#win78
robinson

Post by robinson »

There is definitely a disconnect, or whatever the fuck you call it,there’s definitely a large difference in how people approach a novel virus, a global pandemic, the whole shit show of COVID-19.

And entire countries of taken different approaches. When it comes to the “vaccines” there is definitely a variety of responses to it. The fact that politics and especially communist socialist fascist politics is involved, and of course money beyond imagining, it’s all a shit show at times.

Do the vaccines work? A very important question. The most important part of it is that the data that the information that the reality of it is available, it’s actually there, but the numbers in the statistics are valid. With the current political bullshit which is just fucking beyond imagining at times, it’s easy to suspect the information that the authorities are feeding, and a healthy skepticism about it all is probably the best course.
robinson

Post by robinson »

One thing that is indisputable and beyond question at the moment is that the coronavirus, like all coronaviruses, mutates, and this means a vaccine it works for one version might not work for others, and the immunity might not last, and you fucking have to change the definition of what it means for it to work
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

There's a collective amnesia about the fact we've never been good at this, and I'd like rational takes on why.

If it's not money, what is it? I'm open minded.
robinson

Post by robinson »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/health/e ... index.html

(CNN)Vaccine experts are warning the federal government against rushing out a coronavirus vaccine before testing has shown it's both safe and effective. Decades of history show why they're right.