Jews are funny (except Jerry Seinfeld), Italians are funny (I mean New York Italians except Fredo Cuomo) ...

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
ed
Title: That Firebrand

Re: Jews are funny (except Jerry Seinfeld), Italians are funny (I mean New York Italians except Fredo Cuomo) ...

Post by ed »

You are a funny guy.

The implication of the OP is that the only Jews and italians are of the american variety. Screw Haifa and Rome.

A new level of nationalism.
solely

Re: Jews are funny (except Jerry Seinfeld), Italians are funny (I mean New York Italians except Fredo Cuomo) ...

Post by solely »

I thought Keillor was dead, not just unfunny.
ed

Post by ed »

The difference being????
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Abdul, you don't know if Jerry Seinfeld is funny. You claim to have never watched it. So:

1. Were you lying?

2. You broke down and watched the funniest series on tv and didn't fucking laugh.

We know number 1 is true. We know you laughed, so, number 2, too.
robinson
Title: Je suis devenu Français

Post by robinson »

Jerry has a series on now that is a goddamn work of genius. And it's funny.
robinson

Post by robinson »

So go troll somebody else you fat fuck
robinson

Post by robinson »

that was a joke you know I love you  
Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

"Someone stole my antidepressants. I hope they're happy."

second funniest one-liners of 2019. Don't know who
ed

Post by ed »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:49 pm
Rob Lister wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:10 pm You claim to have never watched it.
I have watched short clips said ti be the "best of".

I can't be bothered to find it, but I'm pretty sure I mentioned that before.

Seinfeld isn't a comedian he just played one on TV.

Kramer had some sort of injection so Mel Torme thought that he was disabled so he (mel) brings him to a retard benefit and sings to him.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Holy fuck. SC has reached a new low.

Thanks AA! :)
ed

Post by ed »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:33 pm You can tell it's supposed to be funny because of all the laughing.

CL00 4 ed: They laugh because they were paid. So would I in that situation.

Larry David had some really good material, but he saved it for his own show. 8)
To demonstrate that you know what you are talking about, post something funny.

Then we'll talk.

Any arm waving or temporizing will demonstrate that you are a poseur and unworthy of high level conversation avec comedic content.
ed

Post by ed »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 pm sparks: Happy to oblige.

Now enough about me ...

Here's an example of the kind of humor Seinfeld would be *if* he were funny which he is not.

OK it's not Soupy Sales level funny, but there a yuk or two in there.

Wait a moment. THAT is an example of what you think is funny?

And you are judging Seinfeld?

OK.
ed

Post by ed »

This is the forum version of being hooted off the stage.

Man, your comedy cred is now swirling in the toilet.
ed

Post by ed »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:00 pm I agree it's not all that funny, just better than Seinfeld (by one of Seinfeld's writers).

I already posted something really funny.

Here is is again.

And Sinatra and Davis were not even a professional comedians.

Flop sweat my friend, flop sweat.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:00 pm I agree it's not all that funny, just better than Seinfeld (by one of Seinfeld's writers).

I already posted something really funny.

Here is is again.

And Sinatra and Davis were not even a professional comedians.

Good god, that's awful. Pie in the face slapstick?
Sinatra asks for Italian dressing for his salad, the waiter brings over an Italian man putting on his coat.

I gotta agree with ed, Abdul. That bit with Kramer and Mel Torme was pure genius. I couldn't help laughing out loud. Even Mel has trouble keeping it together.
ed

Post by ed »

And based on the evidence at hand, how would you know?
robinson

Post by robinson »

Some men

you just can't reach
ed

Post by ed »

He thought that the bit with Mel Torme was so accurate and real that we would mistake it for a clip from a documentary so he had to explain that it was acted.

Gee Abdul, does that mean that the other people were acting too? You mean it wasn't real? Wow!!

What makes me think that Abdul does stand up and is trying out new material on us?
Listen ladies and germs, there hasn't been anything funny since Soupy hit Frank with a pie. And that includes me!!!!
Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:49 pm
Rob Lister wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:10 pm You claim to have never watched it.
I have watched short clips said to be the "best of".

OMG, stop lying!
ed

Post by ed »

No.

Tell me, do you think he is funny?
ed

Post by ed »

Evasion noted.
Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

And re-fucking-noted
ed

Post by ed »

Now that's funny!
ed

Post by ed »

Only thing funny about you is your browser.

Lemme tell ya... that software dont get no respect. I told my wife I'm running windows 98 and she said I thought you just had the runs. No respect I tell ya.
robinson

Post by robinson »

They see me trollin
ed

Post by ed »

Comment:

"Take the cannoli and leave the pronouns"
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

I heard about this. Apparently not everyone of the LGBT persuasion was impressed by Auntie Harris's virtue signaling. It was cringey.

But hey: these are their rules. We're all supposed to say our pronouns now when we introduce ourselves even if it's totally obvious.

Fredo's sin was making a joke about it. It's totally serious business, you see.
robinson

Post by robinson »

LGBTs are funny, except for the Tees

They are hilarious
robinson

Post by robinson »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:26 pm his latest sock being banned from International Skeptics
I didn't know I even had a sock at TOP

what was the name?
robinson

Post by robinson »

Or is it, much more likely, you are bored and trolling again?
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:13 pm The pronoun shit isn't LGBT, it's just T.

LGB may go along out of political solidarity, but gay and bi men are conventionally "he" and lesbian and bi women are conventionally "she".
¡Punto no una coma!
True, and I know that, but it's also more of a non-binary or "genderqueer" thing. Most transsexuals who can pass prefer the traditional pronouns for the gender they perform.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:00 pm
I notice you don't deny the bit about ED. :)
If I responded to every idiotic claim online (and denial is a response) I would have to simply blow my brains out. Yeah, it would be that ridiculous to dignify most shit with a response, even a funny one.
ed

Post by ed »

Evasion noted.
robinson

Post by robinson »

It's funny, because when people post "Evasion noted", they don't actually make a note of it.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Abdul was a big fan of Soupy Sales, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKw651RQvMg
robinson

Post by robinson »

God it was so long ago who can remember?
ed

Post by ed »

Saw Soupy at the Brooklyn Paramount <google google>
solely

Post by solely »

When does he get funny?
ed

Post by ed »

:De_Bunk:
Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado »

Soupy's story about getting in trouble (from the network broadcasting his kids' show) for having kids send him money from Mommy's purse through the mail while the parents were sleeping was pretty funny.