Euro 2004 (predict results here).

Never agree to 3 points above the vig.
wollery

Post by wollery »

Oh no, last night was the first for more than two weeks with no football. I think I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. :(

Actually it could just have been the curry!!
wollery

Post by wollery »

Well, one semi down one to go.

Portugal played the sort of football you expect to see from a side with that much talent. Figo was fantastic.

Come on you Czechs!!
Prester John

Post by Prester John »

Yeah i'll be rooting for the Czechs tonight! Actually although i'd like to see them go through' i'd also like extra time an penalties, whilst its horrible for the teams involved its very exciting :)
Filippo Lippi

Post by Filippo Lippi »

Greece - Portugal final? Anyone predict that?
wollery

Post by wollery »

Filippo Lippi wrote:Greece - Portugal final? Anyone predict that?
I certainly didn't

I know said it when the Greeks beat the French, but,

BUGGER ME! :o

The Czechs should have won that game, they had more than enough chances. Still, that's the beauty of football, and you have to hand it to the Greeks, they were well organised and never gave up.

So we finish as we started, but will the result be the same? I know that if I open my big fat mouth, no matter what I say, I'll get it wrong, so I'm making no prediction whatsoever.

Roll on Sunday!
lothian

Post by lothian »

lothian wrote: Wow, what a great first game. I can see these two teams meeting again in the final. I again see the Greeks winning by the odd goal.
wollery

Post by wollery »

lothian wrote: Wow, what a great first game. I can see these two teams meeting again in the final. I again see the Greeks winning by the odd goal.
Alright, alright, nobody likes a smartass! :P

But very well done there anyway.

I have to say, looking back the Greeks deserved it. Let's face it, they beat France, the Czech Republic and Portugal (twice!), three of the fancied teams.

Roll on the Olympics!
lothian

Post by lothian »

wollery wrote: Alright, alright, nobody likes a smartass! :P

But very well done there anyway.
Consider this as a formal warning that your membership of the Skeptical Community is under threat of suspension due to a lack of critical thinking. Your future posts will be monitored.
kerberos

Post by kerberos »

lothian wrote:
Ha I did much better, I correctly predicted the result of every match from Sweeden-Holland to the finals.

"LOL! On that basis I think I'l predict a victory to Holland (wollery predicted Sweden would win so obviously they must loose) over Swedem on penalty shootout, and a 3-0 victory to the Czechs over Denmark with all the goals scored within 20 minutes of each other. the Czechs lose 0-1 to Greece on a goal scored in overtime s, and Portugal wins theirs 2-1. Greece wins the final 1-0

Edited to add: I'll expect my million dollars in small bills.

Edited for ehmm.. spelling mistakes, Yep that's it, spelling mistakes.

Last edited by kerberos on Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:20 am; edited 5 times in total "