Who is Skeeve?

Stump your fellow simians.
tamiO

Who is Skeeve?

Post by tamiO »

LizardPeople wrote:
Skeeve wrote:...Upchurch being the apparent victim here...
I think we've finally figured out who's sock this Skeeve character is. Very funny, Upchurch. You can stop tormenting us now.
Heck, I have had that thought, too. I had dropped it before, but I am interested again in figuring out who Skeeve really is. He has built up enough clues now as far as favorite words and phrases, grammatical habits, etc. etc.

I figure it's quite a puzzle, so here it is in the Puzzles section. :)

ps. You guys are so good at puzzles. I find that even though I have trouble, it helps me to come in here and think about them. My disease affects the cognitive funstions and trying to solve puzzles helps me stay as sharp as I can be. So thanks, you guys, for keeping this section alive.
Skeeve

Re: Who is Skeeve?

Post by Skeeve »

tamiO wrote:
LizardPeople wrote:
Skeeve wrote:...Upchurch being the apparent victim here...
I think we've finally figured out who's sock this Skeeve character is. Very funny, Upchurch. You can stop tormenting us now.
Heck, I have had that thought, too. I had dropped it before, but I am interested again in figuring out who Skeeve really is. He has built up enough clues now as far as favorite words and phrases, grammatical habits, etc. etc.

I figure it's quite a puzzle, so here it is in the Puzzles section. :)

ps. You guys are so good at puzzles. I find that even though I have trouble, it helps me to come in here and think about them. My disease affects the cognitive funstions and trying to solve puzzles helps me stay as sharp as I can be. So thanks, you guys, for keeping this section alive.
I am The Great Skeeve
Companion to the Great and Powerful Aahz
Parent to Gleep, the Dragon

I'm also an old lady in northeastern Ohio, who used to be an English teacher and still is sometimes. I'd flunk about 2/3 of you, too, for being so willing to dish it out rather than explain what you meant.

Let's see. Who am I?

Well TamiO's first thought was Ghengis Pwm.
Somebody else thought somebody named Hal. Now that I know that was the former admin of TOP, I don't think someone's calling me a computer program any longer.
Somebody thought I might be Pyrrho, but I seem to disagree with myself a lot if that's the case.
Somebody else thought I might be "scorched cat", but I have no idea what that one meant.
Somebody thought I might be Linda. Close, but no cigar, and not the one you meant by about 1900 miles or so.
Somebody thought I might be this jj person, but they haven't explained why.
Somebody put up a poll on this already, I've forgotten the results, but there were a bunch of other people listed.

So, what do you guys have against an old English teacher from Ohio, anyhow. Why do I have to be someone?

Edited to add: I've just put up an interesting poll in banter. Enjoy.
Sock

Post by Sock »

Skeeve is viscousmemories is TamiO is Cleopatra is Randi is Linda is Hal is GenghisPwn is Skeeve

Enjoy yourself
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Skeeve is Genghis' sockpuppet, who is Jedi Knight's sockpuppet, who is Hellcat's sockpuppet, who is Ian's sockpuppet, Who is Pillory's sockpuppet, who is Hal's sockpuppet, who is George Bush's Sockpuppet, who is Bin Laden's Sockpuppet, who is actually the sockpuppet of some guy whose name I don't know that works in a Walgreens in West bend Indiana, who is the sockpuppet of Eugene P. Throckmorton III of Lodi California who is Skeeve's Sockpuppet....

Maybe it's sockpuppets all the way down :o
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Skeeve is Genghis' sockpuppet, who is Jedi Knight's sockpuppet, who is Hellcat's sockpuppet, who is Ian's sockpuppet, Who is Pillory's sockpuppet, who is Hal's sockpuppet, who is George Bush's Sockpuppet, who is Bin Laden's Sockpuppet, who is actually the sockpuppet of some guy whose name I don't know that works in a Walgreens in West bend Indiana, who is the sockpuppet of Eugene P. Throckmorton III of Lodi California who is Skeeve's Sockpuppet....

Wasn't that turtles or maybe elephants?
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Skeeve wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Skeeve is Genghis' sockpuppet, who is Jedi Knight's sockpuppet, who is Hellcat's sockpuppet, who is Ian's sockpuppet, Who is Pillory's sockpuppet, who is Hal's sockpuppet, who is George Bush's Sockpuppet, who is Bin Laden's Sockpuppet, who is actually the sockpuppet of some guy whose name I don't know that works in a Walgreens in West bend Indiana, who is the sockpuppet of Eugene P. Throckmorton III of Lodi California who is Skeeve's Sockpuppet....

Wasn't that turtles or maybe elephants?
I think it was elephants, but I'm not sure.
LizardPeople

Post by LizardPeople »

I'm really hard pressed to think of anyone who would think Upchurch is the victim in the grand xouper affair, except maybe for Upchurch himself. Thus I must conclude that you are, in fact, Upchurch's sock puppet.

Unless perhaps you're Upchurch's mother.
ratbag

Post by ratbag »

Matthew, Chapter 1

1:1
The book of the generation of Skeeve, the son of jj, the son of Hal.

1:2
Hal begat Linda; and Linda begat Jeff; and Jeff begat Claus and his brethren;

1:3
And Claus begat BillHoyt and Zara of Thamar; and BillHoyt begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Clancie;

1:4
And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;

1:5
And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat jj;

1:6
And jj begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;

1:7
And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;

1:8
And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;

1:9
And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;

1:10
And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;

1:11
And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:

1:12
And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;

1:13
And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;

1:14
And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;

1:15
And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;

1:16
And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Skeeve, who is called "Christ, who the hell is he really".
Rat
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

ratbag wrote: And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Skeeve, who is called "Christ, who the hell is he really".
Rat
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, you mean she, but that was so funny.
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

LizardPeople wrote:I'm really hard pressed to think of anyone who would think Upchurch is the victim in the grand xouper affair, except maybe for Upchurch himself. Thus I must conclude that you are, in fact, Upchurch's sock puppet.

Yeah, he's a victim in my book, although if he'd had the sense to keep his trap shut, he'd not have been.

Somehow, though, I really don't think he'd like being accused of Skeevery.
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Skeeve wrote:
LizardPeople wrote:I'm really hard pressed to think of anyone who would think Upchurch is the victim in the grand xouper affair, except maybe for Upchurch himself. Thus I must conclude that you are, in fact, Upchurch's sock puppet.

Yeah, he's a victim in my book, although if he'd had the sense to keep his trap shut, he'd not have been.

Somehow, though, I really don't think he'd like being accused of Skeevery.
Skeevery is punishable by a $500 fine or two weeks jailtime in Nevada. Community standards you know...
LizardPeople

Post by LizardPeople »

Nyarlathotep wrote: Skeevery is punishable by a $500 fine or two weeks jailtime in Nevada. Community standards you know...
I thought skeevery was only a crime in the larger cities.
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

LizardPeople wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote: Skeevery is punishable by a $500 fine or two weeks jailtime in Nevada. Community standards you know...
I thought skeevery was only a crime in the larger cities.
Well, it's only really a problem in the larger cities so I can see where you get that impression.
LizardPeople

Post by LizardPeople »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Well, it's only really a problem in the larger cities so I can see where you get that impression.
Yeah, well I've skeeved a couple of times in this little town about fifty minutes north of Reno and no one was arrested. I mean, they wouldn't arrest me just for skeeving, would they? As long as I wore the seat belt, I mean.
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

LizardPeople wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Well, it's only really a problem in the larger cities so I can see where you get that impression.
Yeah, well I've skeeved a couple of times in this little town about fifty minutes north of Reno and no one was arrested. I mean, they wouldn't arrest me just for skeeving, would they? As long as I wore the seat belt, I mean.
As long as you have paid the proper bribes......I mean, gotten the proper permits, they'll leave you alone.
Nova Land

Post by Nova Land »

tamiO wrote:...I am interested again in figuring out who Skeeve really is.
I don't have her full name yet, but I did come up with a couple of clues to her identity.

1. She's Spanish-speaking.
2. She's a liar. (Or a really bad speller, since she misspells her own name!)

Here's how I deduced that.

1. We know her last name is "Construer", because it says so on all her posts, right beneath her username. ("Ad Ministrator and Ms Construer"). While it's possible for anyone to just make up a username, custom titles are granted by Skeptica. Thus, any information we glean from custom titles is something we know can count on to be honest and accurate. To doubt this would mean to doubt Skeptica, and that's somewhere I'm not willing to go.

2. By the same token, we know that Skeeve is a "ministrator".

3. Now, how many ministrators named "Construer" do you suppose there are? I did a quick google search of "Construer" and "ministrator. According to Google, there is no such combination anywhere on the web! It said I should try "Construir" and "ministrator". That turned up 5 hits -- 3 sites in Spanish and 2 Spanish-related.

So we know Skeeve has a hispanic last name and that she lied about its spelling (no doubt a clever ploy to deceive those who would try to track her down on the web). I'm too lazy to read through the 5 hits to see what additional facts about her identity these reveal, so I'll leave that for someone else to do.
LizardPeople

Post by LizardPeople »

Nova Land wrote: ...custom titles are granted by Skeptica...
Actually, custom titles are entirely customizable by the user without any input whatsoever from Skeptica. Don't worry too much, it doesn't really foul up your thesis any more then the other thirty-seven things you got wrong in your argument.
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

LizardPeople wrote:
Nova Land wrote: ...custom titles are granted by Skeptica...
Actually, custom titles are entirely customizable by the user without any input whatsoever from Skeptica. Don't worry too much, it doesn't really foul up your thesis any more then the other thirty-seven things you got wrong in your argument.
I don't think Lox was being serious there, Lizzie, do you?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Thank you for joining me here in the parlor. Oooops, sorry, already did that schtick.

So, who is Skeeve? Is Skeeve a sock? She's denied it, no? She says she's an old woman, no? From Northeastern Ohio, no?

WTF difference does it make? Unless Skeeve wishes to divulge personal information that definitely tells us who Skeeve is, it matters not a whit.

Now, once, a policeman stopped me for Skeevishness, but he let me go with just a warning, since it was a first offense. That was in 1968, and I've been skeeve-free ever since. But it was a close call, I'll tell you.
Quester_X

Post by Quester_X »

Skeeve is Skeeve. Case closed.
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

Who gives a fug anyway?
LizardPeople

Post by LizardPeople »

Skeeve wrote:I don't think Lox was being serious there, Lizzie, do you?
Only my mother calls me "Lizzie".
gnome

Post by gnome »

Isn't "skeeving" British for "playing hookey"
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

gnome wrote:Isn't "skeeving" British for "playing hookey"
I believe that would be skiving.
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

LizardPeople wrote:
Skeeve wrote:I don't think Lox was being serious there, Lizzie, do you?
Only my mother calls me "Lizzie".
Perhaps I should call you young Lizzie then, how old is your mom?
LizardPeople

Post by LizardPeople »

Skeeve wrote:Perhaps I should call you young Lizzie then.
Uh... no thanks...
Skeeve wrote:How old is your mom?
Not sure... I think she's just a little bit older then I am...
RCC

Post by RCC »

Skeeve wrote: Somebody thought I might be this jj person, but they haven't explained why.
1) Your general tone, use of language, and positions.
2) The way you refer to jj ("this person", "what is a jj") seems like someone trying to hide a great poker hand by acting weary. Big indicator. You don't react that way to anyone else.
3) When JJ referred to you on JREF he didn't use your actual name, rather refered to you as a "schoolmarm" when chiding shanek about your identity. Same principle as #2 above.
4) NE Ohio? JJ often mentioned Youngstown, although he does not live there at present, it seems he has in the past.
5) Of all the places in W.Va to use as a reference you picked Phillipi, a small and obscure town nowhere near NE Ohio, and one that JJ often talked about.

Put together you are either JJ or this is a wild coincidence.

Not that I care though, so forget it...
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

RCC wrote:
Skeeve wrote: Somebody thought I might be this jj person, but they haven't explained why.
1) Your general tone, use of language, and positions.
2) The way you refer to jj ("this person", "what is a jj") seems like someone trying to hide a great poker hand by acting weary. Big indicator. You don't react that way to anyone else.
Well, I know who GP is now, but I still don't know, I think, who jj is. but now that I've read down, I have a very creepy feeling.

3) When JJ referred to you on JREF he didn't use your actual name, rather refered to you as a "schoolmarm" when chiding shanek about your identity. Same principle as #2 above.
JJ talked about me? Where? You, oh, my dog, I was right. Tell him "Eva sends you a big hug" and see if he runs screaming. :lol: :lol:

4) NE Ohio? JJ often mentioned Youngstown, although he does not live there at present, it seems he has in the past.
Well, I live about 15 or so miles north of Youngstown. Perhaps that should explain some of the word usage, but I don't really know. I haven't got a good sense of that, since I never had the good sense to leave.

5) Of all the places in W.Va to use as a reference you picked Phillipi, a small and obscure town nowhere near NE Ohio, and one that JJ often talked about.
I picked it off of mapquest, it had a cute, really odd name.

Put together you are either JJ or this is a wild coincidence.

Not that I care though, so forget it...
Well, it may be more of a coincidence than ...

Just tell JJ that Eva sends him a big hug. See what happens.

Oh, and, no, I'm not Eva, either.
Cloverlief

Post by Cloverlief »

okay, I know who Skeeve is! Here is the answers that TamiO is about to explode over if she doesn't get it.

Skeeve is..............That person over there! [points to a large crowd of people over there.]

Now just move on with your freaking life already!
LizardPeople

Post by LizardPeople »

Chanileslie wrote:Okay, I know who Skeeve is! Skeeve is that person over there!
How do you know so much about Skeeve, hmmmmmmm?
Quester_X

Post by Quester_X »

Alright then. Skeeve, meet jj.

http://www.randi.org/vbulletin/member.p ... serid=1147

Err... unless you are jj. :lol:
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

Quester_X wrote:Alright then. Skeeve, meet jj.

http://www.randi.org/vbulletin/member.p ... serid=1147

Err... unless you are jj. :lol:
Yes, yes, I've read that already, Quester_X.

I don't know quite where he originally comes from, but I've slowly developed the idea that I might, in fact, have known JJ quite a few years ago. I didn't have him in class, but does he in fact roller skate, rather rapidly? Does he know what the HiWay is?

I am not going to join TOP, I'm just not serious enough, but would somebody please tell him Eva says hi or Eva sends you a great big hug over there.

Of course, if you do that, you should tell me the reaction.
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

LizardPeople wrote:
Probably this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 90-2778528
Cloverlief

Post by Cloverlief »

LizardPeople wrote:
Maybe I'm Skeeve's sockpuppet! Mwahahahahahaha[cough]hahaha
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

Chanileslie wrote:
LizardPeople wrote:
Hey! I'm supposed to tell on you, not the other way around! Get back in your shoe!
Cloverlief

Post by Cloverlief »

Skeeve wrote:
Chanileslie wrote:
LizardPeople wrote:
Hey! I'm supposed to tell on you, not the other way around! Get back in your shoe!
I don' wanna go back into the shoe! Have you smelled the shoe lately? I have one word for you, Odoreaters! And have you consider possibly washing me sometimes? Hmmm? Even socks like a nice warm bubbly bath occasionally with a rubber ducky........
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

Chanileslie wrote:
Skeeve wrote:
Chanileslie wrote:
LizardPeople wrote:
I don' wanna go back into the shoe! Have you smelled the shoe lately? I have one word for you, Odoreaters! And have you consider possibly washing me sometimes? Hmmm? Even socks like a nice warm bubbly bath occasionally with a rubber ducky........
Whoa, they're talking back. Time to wash this pair!
gnome

Post by gnome »

We are ALL Skeeve
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

gnome wrote:We are ALL Skeeve
Yes! You've figured it all out!

Boy will TamiO be surprised. :D
varwoche

Post by varwoche »

I'd like to point out this Steely Dan lyric in the song Cousin Dupree:
One night we're playin' gin by a cracklin' fire
And I decided to make my play
I said babe with my boyish charm and good looks
How can you stand it for one more day
She said maybe its the skeevy look in your eyes
Or that your mind has turned to applesauce
The dreary architecture of your soul
I said - but what is it exactly turns you off?