RCC's Poker Challenge: Technical questions and comments

Stump your fellow simians.
RCC

RCC's Poker Challenge: Technical questions and comments

Post by RCC »

A thread to ask practical questions about the tournament...
varwoche

Post by varwoche »

24 hrs to act? I'm going to have to include the potential winnings in my will, assuming my surviving kin are able to pull off the victory. :)
RCC

Post by RCC »

varwoche wrote:24 hrs to act? I'm going to have to include the potential winnings in my will, assuming my surviving kin are able to pull off the victory. :)
Hopefully people will be a bit quicker than that, but with different time zones and real life there really isn't much else that can be done...
Cecil

Post by Cecil »

Two questions.

This is no limit, correct?

And why am I "Cecil 3d" in the game thread? Are you trying to confirm that I am actually 3-dimensional, or are you implying that I'm always going to get the 3 of diamonds? :p
RCC

Post by RCC »

Cecil wrote:Two questions.

This is no limit, correct?

And why am I "Cecil 3d" in the game thread? Are you trying to confirm that I am actually 3-dimensional, or are you implying that I'm always going to get the 3 of diamonds? :p
It is no-limit.

The 3d was a hanger on from when I randomly assigned seats by dealing a card to each player. Oddly enough since the 2c and 3c were dealt the 3d was only 3rd lowest...

Anyway, I edited it out....
Skeptoid

Post by Skeptoid »

From the actual game thread:
RCC wrote:Seat 4 (shemp) would be first to act by posting a fold, call, or a raise and how much there is a raise. To keep things simple when raising state your raise as a "raise to".

In other words, if shemp wanted to raise, it is easier if he posts "Raise it to 6" rather than "raise it 4 more." Both mean the same thing, but the former allows later players to figure out how much it costs to call without backtracking and extra math.
Aw shucks, I wanted to be able to say, "Kick a buck.", like Cool Hand Luke. :(
Skeptoid

Post by Skeptoid »

Oh, and I want to create a sock puppet for this game if no one objects. I'll be Sam Farha. :)
RCC

Post by RCC »

Skeptoid wrote:Oh, and I want to create a sock puppet for this game if no one objects. I'll be Sam Farha. :)
Oooookay...
shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

Post by shemp »

I would take on the persona of The Unabomber for this game, but people might confuse this with that Kuczinski guy, so I'll just wear my hood whenever I make a play.

P.S.: I used to play chess against Howard Lederer.
Sam Farha

Post by Sam Farha »

Sammy has arrived and will be playing in place of that loser skeptoid guy. :evil:
RCC

Post by RCC »

Sam Farha wrote:Sammy has arrived and will be playing in place of that loser skeptoid guy. :evil:
Sure thing. I guess you have some time on your hands getting bounced on the first day of the WSOP main event and all.
Sam Farha

Post by Sam Farha »

Damn amateurs. They'll call anything. :P
rebecca

Post by rebecca »

So when it comes time to show, I guess we just wait for RCC? Otherwise I might just make something up ;). And are we on auto-show if called? If uncalled, can we just auto-muck?
slimshady2357

Post by slimshady2357 »

rebecca wrote:So when it comes time to show, I guess we just wait for RCC? Otherwise I might just make something up ;). And are we on auto-show if called? If uncalled, can we just auto-muck?
Good questions :)

I wasn't sure what you would do....

I was hoping you'd just show :D

Adam
rebecca

Post by rebecca »

slimshady2357 wrote:
rebecca wrote:So when it comes time to show, I guess we just wait for RCC? Otherwise I might just make something up ;). And are we on auto-show if called? If uncalled, can we just auto-muck?
Good questions :)

I wasn't sure what you would do....

I was hoping you'd just show :D

Adam
Heh, well, if the suspense is just killing you, I could give an unofficial show before the dealer authenticates the hands . . .
RCC

Post by RCC »

I hope to be quicker in the future, but my internet went bye-bye this morning and just came up. I'll reveal the cards when the hand is over, showing all hands in at the end, as I finally did a few minutes ago.
varwoche

Post by varwoche »

Sam Farha wrote:Damn amateurs. They'll call anything. :P
You got testy the other night, eh Sam?
varwoche

Post by varwoche »

My connectivity will be spotty for the next 5 days. Sorry if I delay the proceedings.

Especially with a mighty hand2 in hand. It's hard not to eye Rebecca's stack expectent of ownership transfer.
Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin »

What's the buy-in for this? Who do I have to suck up to to be able to play?
RCC

Post by RCC »

Bearguin wrote:What's the buy-in for this? Who do I have to suck up to to be able to play?
I can put you on the alternate list in case someone decides they want to drop out.
Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin »

Please.

Guess I could have done this by PM as well.
MLynn

Post by MLynn »

As of this a.m., I only have 8 Quatloos left - I may be here tomorrow and I may not...