How do you play games such as

Stump your fellow simians.

How do you play games such as

Post by Guest »

Chess, poker,mah jong all those funky things that other people play?

Are there online versions?

Some many things have my interest but I have no outlet for them.
gnome

Re: How do you play games such as

Post by gnome »

Fluffy wrote:Chess, poker,mah jong all those funky things that other people play?

Are there online versions?

Some many things have my interest but I have no outlet for them.
There are online versions up the wazoo!

Try games at yahoo.com...
there's also MSN's gaming zone,
pogo.com
shockwave.com

A bunch more, I'm sure.
ratbag

Re: How do you play games such as

Post by ratbag »

Fluffy wrote: Some many things have my interest but I have no outlet for them.
You should be able to install an outlet yourself. DIY outlet kits are available in all colours and styles. You should easily be able to get one at B&Q or Homebase. Make sure you get one with a non-return valve, so that your interest outlet doesn't accidentally become an inlet.
Rat
Cloverlief

Post by Cloverlief »

Hey, if you ever want to learn to play pinochle, I will be happy to show you how, but know, that I will never let a willing partner go!! Mwahahahaahaha!!*

*I really wish I knew some people to play pinochle with. <sigh>
Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin »

Chanileslie wrote:Hey, if you ever want to learn to play pinochle, I will be happy to show you how, but know, that I will never let a willing partner go!! Mwahahahaahaha!!*

I think you're in the wrong thread for wishes.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Chanileslie wrote:Hey, if you ever want to learn to play pinochle, I will be happy to show you how, but know, that I will never let a willing partner go!! Mwahahahaahaha!!*

Besides, isn't there, like, an age limit or something for pinochle? Old men play it while they sit on the front porch. A third old man is always whittling something. I thought it was a law maybe.
Cloverlief

Post by Cloverlief »

Bearguin wrote:

I think you're in the wrong thread for wishes.
You, sir, are correct! I shall rectify that! :)
Cloverlief

Post by Cloverlief »

Nigel wrote:

Besides, isn't there, like, an age limit or something for pinochle? Old men play it while they sit on the front porch. A third old man is always whittling something. I thought it was a law maybe.
Hey now, be nice! I learned to play pinochle as soon as I was big enough to sit at a table. Double deck too!

I have to admit that I have very fond memories of pinochle because as a child, some of the best times we had were when my mom and her friends would spend the whole weekend playing pinochle practically non-stop - it is amazing how 5 women can manage to raise 15 kids, cook dinner and never miss a bid or drop a card! There were 15 of us kids and we had the best time hanging out.

Pinochle is a fun and challenging game. I highly recommend it. <smiles innocently> :D
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I'm only teasing, and by my post, you should know that. Seriously though, during my childhood, it was only old men who played pinochle. I know the Marx Brothers played it (and poker of course) a lot, especially during long train rides, or other periods of "downtime" when they weren't performing. Maybe that was the heyday - from the early 1900s through the 30s, and by the time I came around the guys who played it were old.
Cloverlief

Post by Cloverlief »

Nigel wrote:I'm only teasing, and by my post, you should know that. Seriously though, during my childhood, it was only old men who played pinochle. I know the Marx Brothers played it (and poker of course) a lot, especially during long train rides, or other periods of "downtime" when they weren't performing. Maybe that was the heyday - from the early 1900s through the 30s, and by the time I came around the guys who played it were old.
I know you were teasing and that is why you didn't get royally reamed. :D

Actually, I grew up around a bunch of women who played pinochle from the time they got home from work on Friday night until 8 o'clock Sunday night, when they had to get home, get laundry done, and kids ready for school the next day. It was grand. I've not known many men who played the game and the only other person currently I know who plays is my sister who lives 300 miles away.

I think I am going to go pick up some pinochle cards and teach my children to play this weekend. I will train them to play, dagnabit!

Heck, I might even teach the cats and the dog to play while I am at it! I will become the scary neighbor who lures people's children in to teach them to play pinochle!! I'll lure 'em with sweets and promises of ice cream, I will! Mwahahahahahahahaha