This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Doctor X »

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photo ... 61.jpg?v=1

Classes We Wished They Forced People to Take

--J.D.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

http://www.howdovaccinescauseautism.com/
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Doctor X wrote:http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photo ... 61.jpg?v=1

Classes We Wished They Forced People to Take

--J.D.
http://time.com/60416/jenny-mccarthy-an ... whitewash/

:De_Bunk:
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

"You're not sorry about what you did! You're just sorry you got caught!"

Finally remembered where that came from:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Bogsnot/gkar.jpg

--J.D.
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Aparently, Jenny McCarthy has been pro-vaccine this whole time, or so she claims. She has just been "asking questions", you see.
Some idiot wrote:I am not “anti-vaccine.” This is not a change in my stance nor is it a new position that I have recently adopted. For years, I have repeatedly stated that I am, in fact, “pro-vaccine” and for years I have been wrongly branded as “anti-vaccine.”

My beautiful son, Evan, inspired this mother to question the “one size fits all” philosophy of the recommended vaccine schedule. I embarked on this quest not only for myself and my family, but for countless parents who shared my desire for knowledge that could lead to options and alternate schedules, but never to eliminate the vaccines.

Blatantly inaccurate blog posts about my position have been accepted as truth by the public at large as well as media outlets (legitimate and otherwise), who have taken those false stories and repeatedly turned them into headlines. What happened to critical thinking? What happened to asking questions because every child is different?
Of course, if you read the whole thing, she still propagates the very same myths about vaccines that most anti-vaxxers tend to propagate, but she is totes pro-vaccine, you see. It's just that vaccines are unsafe and we are a bunch of big meanie heads for calling her an anti-vaccine whackjob. Our bad.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

And Werner Von Braun was just trying to make Jews and London "safe."

--J.D.
Harikrish
BANNED

Post by Harikrish »

That is not the skeptics understanding. It is more in line with the anti Vaxxers.

Vaccines do not cause Autism because people have stopped getting their children vaccinated. Just like cigarettes. People stopped getting lung cancer after they stopped smoking. Duh!!
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

From QuackWatch:
Actress Jennifer McCarthy, who for years has been one of the most visible opponents of vaccination, is now claiming she was actually pro-vaccine and has been "misbranded." But Frank Bruni, who vividly describes her antivaccination history, notes that she may simply be afraid that that her new position on ABC's "The View" might be jeopardized by continued fearmongering. [Bruni F. Autism and the Agitator. New York Times, April 21, 2014]
--J.D.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Oh yeah, she's not against vaccination in principle, only in practice.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

She is not sorry for what she has done.

She is sorry she got caught.

--J.D.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Meanwhile . . . in Japan the Colonies:
UK autism lawyers sued

Families who failed to win cases based on the theory the MMR vaccination caused their children to become autistic are suing their former lawyers for pursuing "hopeless" claims and enriching themselves by collecting many millions of pounds from legal aid. [Tran M. MMR vaccine: lawyers sued for pursuing claim based on link to autism. The Guardian, June 26, 2014] More than 1,000 such families were involved in a class action suit that was dropped in 2003 after research by Andrew Wakefield on the link between autism and the MMR vaccine was discredited. At least two suits have been filed by families who argue that they lost their opportunity for compensation because their former lawyers failed to pursue other legal grounds. Since vaccinations do not actually cause autism, however, there appears to be no reason to believe that any other suit that required establishing a link between vaccination and autism would have fared any better.
--J.D.
DrMatt

Post by DrMatt »

For profit. As usual.
Harikrish
BANNED

Post by Harikrish »

The skeptics will not be convinced Vaccines do not cause Autism anymore than climate change is caused by humans. This is why they are called skeptics. Skeptical organizations abandoned scientific research and scientific investigation some 30 years ago and therefore have no scientific basis for their position. (CSICOP) is one good example.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

DrMatt wrote:For profit. As usual.
No, I am sure it is all about the children. . . .

--J.D.
Harikrish
BANNED

Post by Harikrish »

Finally a skeptical network openly declares its anti vaccine position.

Australian Vaccination-skeptics Network, Inc.
http://avn.org.au
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

As I am sure My Bitch is blubbering for the non-meth addict attention he will not get.

--J.D.
Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce »

http://i.imgur.com/uZC5fF9.gif
Harikrish
BANNED

Post by Harikrish »

Bruce wrote:http://i.imgur.com/uZC5fF9.gif
That is so typical of men. They will go through a million pieces of evidence that says it is not true when they have before them the one true evidence that proves it is true. That is why skeptics are mainly men.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

http://i1.livememe.com/8kvaty.jpg

--J.D.
Harikrish
BANNED

Post by Harikrish »

A few dumb fuck members do not check their sources, and spend most of their time with their heads stuck up mommy's backside.

Jenny McCarthy Slams Rumor That Her 11-Year-Old Son Evan Doesn't Have Autism

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... ism-201441
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Glasses do not make her look smarter. They make her look like she's trying to look smarter.

Dumb fucking cunt.
Harikrish
BANNED

Post by Harikrish »

sparks wrote:Glasses do not make her look smarter. They make her look like she's trying to look smarter.

Dumb fucking cunt.
What does it make the person who married her?
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

sparks wrote:Dumb fucking cunt.
Indeed.

As is McCarthy.

--J.D.
Harikrish
BANNED

Post by Harikrish »

Autism rises despite MMR ban in Japan

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn7 ... 8LFYWK9KK0

Maybe the single shot solution introduced in Japan isn't much better.

http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/upl ... 28136.jpeg
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Though McCarthy has boobs.

justine? Other than his absent sphincter tone, he has nothing.

--J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

It's the fetal DNA fragments!

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... scientist/
Dr. Theresa Deisher, a PhD in Molecular and Cellular Physiology from Stanford University, the first person to discover adult cardiac derived stem cells, determined that residual human fetal DNA fragments in vaccines may be one of the causes of autism in children through vaccination.

“It is possible that these contaminating fragments could be incorporated into a child’s genome and disrupt normal gene function, leading to autistic phenotypes.”
Could be taken out of context.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

It better be out of context because the level of STUPID is beyond belief.

There. Is. No. Evidence. That. Austim. Is. Linked. to. Vaccines.

So if someone discovers that there has been reverse transcriptase and bat urine added to vaccines because, "hey, fuck why not! Bats are immune to Ebola or something! Batman!" THERE WOULD BE NO [Stop shouting.--Ed.] that any of those are linked to autism.

Period.

Hey! How about "Cosmic Rays?" There are a lot of them . . . about . . . I think. Why not them?

WHY IS OBAMA NOT STOPPING COSMIC RAYS?!!11!!

--J.D.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Looks like a lot of new-age wooish stuff on that website.

First of all, "fetal DNA" in vaccines? No way. I'm sure I would have heard about it by now if aborted fetuses were one of the ingredients of vaccines.
shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

Post by shemp »

Doctor X wrote:It better be out of context because the level of STUPID is beyond belief.

There. Is. No. Evidence. That. Austim. Is. Linked. to. Vaccines.

So if someone discovers that there has been reverse transcriptase and bat urine added to vaccines because, "hey, fuck why not! Bats are immune to Ebola or something! Batman!" THERE WOULD BE NO [Stop shouting.--Ed.] that any of those are linked to autism.

Period.

Hey! How about "Cosmic Rays?" There are a lot of them . . . about . . . I think. Why not them?

WHY IS OBAMA NOT STOPPING COSMIC RAYS?!!11!!

--J.D.
WHY ARE YOU A SHILL FOR BIG PHARMA??!!1!??/?ONEHUNDREDELEVENTY??!11!111
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

"It's all about the money, boys!" http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... 7ad267.gif

--J.D.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Infants: The Other White Meat.

(Yes I thieved that, but it seemed appropriate)
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

The "study":

http://soundchoice.org/wp-content/uploa ... _Genes.pdf

The two authors identify Meruvax II, a rubella vaccine, and HAVRIX, a hepatitis A vaccine as two vaccines that are manufactured using human fetal cells. Here's MERCK's information about the Meruvax II:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/biologicsb ... 142553.pdf
MERUVAX II
(Rubella Virus Vaccine Live) is a live virus vaccine for vaccination against rubella (German measles).

MERUVAX II is a sterile lyophilized preparation of the Wistar Institute RA 27/3 strain of live attenuated rubella virus. The virus was adapted to and propagated in WI-38 human diploid lung fibroblasts.

The growth medium is Minimum Essential Medium (MEM) [a buffered salt solution containing vitamins and amino acids and supplemented with fetal bovine serum] containing human serum albumin and
neomycin. Sorbitol and hydrolyzed gelatin stabilizer are added to the individual virus harvests. The cells, virus pools, fetal bovine serum, and human albumin are all screened for the absence of adventitious agents. Human albumin is processed using the Cohn cold ethanol fractionation procedure. The reconstituted vaccine is for subcutaneous administration. Each 0.5 mL dose contains not less than 1,000 TCID50 (tissue culture infectious doses) of rubella virus. Each dose of the vaccine is calculated to contain sorbitol (14.5 mg), sodium phosphate, sucrose (1.9 mg), sodium chloride, hydrolyzed gelatin (14.5 mg), human albumin (0.3 mg), fetal bovine serum (<1 ppm), other buffer and media ingredients and approximately 25 mcg of neomycin. The product contains no preservative.
Before reconstitution, the lyophilized vaccine is a light yellow compact crystalline plug. MERUVAX II, when reconstituted as directed, is clear yellow.
No mention of human fetal cells. I do not know where the human serum albumin comes from.

HAVRIX:
HAVRIX (Hepatitis A Vaccine) is a sterile suspension of inactivated virus for intramuscular administration. The virus (strain HM175) is propagated in MRC-5 human diploid cells. After removal of the cell culture medium, the cells are lysed to form a suspension. This suspension is purified through ultrafiltration and gel permeation chromatography procedures.
Treatment of this lysate with formalin ensures viral inactivation. Viral antigen activity is referenced to a standard using an enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), and is therefore expressed in terms of ELISA Units (EL.U.).
MRC-5 human diploid cells are apparently from the MRC-5 human fetal cell line:

http://www.atcc.org/products/all/CCL-17 ... cteristics
Derivation
The MRC-5 cell line was derived from normal lung tissue of a 14-week-old male fetus by J.P. Jacobs in September of 1966.

Clinical Data
Caucasian
male
14 weeks gestation

Virus Susceptibility
Human poliovirus 1
Herpes simplex virus
Vesicular stomatitis, Glasgow (Indiana)
Vesicular stomatitis, Orsay (Indiana)

Comments
The cells are capable of 42 to 46 population doublings before the onset of senescence.
A search for MRC-5 human diploid cells turns up numerous anti-vax sites. It's all the outrage as you might expect. It's not the only cell line that is used.

...and no, vaccine manufacturers are not harvesting cells from aborted human fetuses. They are using a cultivated cell line that has existed since 1966.

Some real science:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC274969/
With the diminishing supply of the human fetal lung WI-38 cell strain, a replacement for viral isolation is needed. Two candidates are the human fetal lung strains MRC-5 and IMR-90. A comparison of WI-38, MRC-5, and IMR-90 was performed to evaluate efficiency and speed of viral isolation, clarity of cytophatic effect, and ease of growing the cells. The inocula were clinical specimens rather than tissue culture-adapted isolates. Frozen samples of 46 specimens that had previously yielded an isolate on WI-38 were thawed and inoculated onto WI-38, MRC-5, and IMR-90 cells. In addition, 95 freshly taken clinical specimens uf undetermined infectivity were inoculated onto the cell strains. Viral recovery rates were similar on all three strains, as were the appearance and speed of onset of the cytophatic effect. MRC-5 and WI-38 cells remained healthy until generation 36, whereas IMR-90 cells went into crisis by generation 20. The longer life span of the MRC-5 cells makes them more suitable than IMR-90 cells to replace the WI-38 strain for routine use in viral diagnosis.
The authors of the DNA contaminants paper did not study the actual vaccines. They prepared and studied something else:
Materials and Methods: Human Cot1 DNA (Invitrogen) was labeled with Mirus Label IT CyTM3 Labeling Kit (Mirus).

U937 cells (monocytes) were grown in Dublecco’s Mofication of Eagle’s Medium (DMEM) supplemented with 15% fetal bovine serum (FBS) and 1% antibiotic-antimycotic solution at 37°C under a humidified atmosphere containing 5% CO2/95% air. HL-60 cells (myeloblast) were grown in Iscove’s Modified Dulbecco’s Medium (IMDM) supplemented with 20% FBS and 1% antibiotic-antimycotic solution at 37°C under the same condition. 750ng of Cy3 labeled Human Cot1 DNA was incubated per1.0×107 cells for 24 hours and 48 hours.
Cellular and nuclear DNA uptake was analyzed under fluorescent microscope. Genomic DNA of U937 cells was purified by ethanol precipitation removing short fragment of nucleic acids including unincorporated Cy3 labeled Human Cot1 DNA. The amount of Cy3 labeled human Cot1 DNA incorporated into U937 chromosomes was calculated with relative fluorescent unit (RFU) measured by a fluorimeter.
Loosely adherent NCCIT (teratocarcinoma) cells were grown with a cell density 3×104 per well of a 24-well plate which a German glass cover slips was placed in each well at 37°C under a humidified atmosphere containing 5% CO2/95% air. HFF1 (Human Foreskin Fibroblast 1) cells were grown with the same condition except DMEM supplemented with 15% fetal bovine serum (FBS) and 1% antibiotic-antimycotic solution was used as a medium.
They are drawing a conclusion based on experiments with a different substance.

The authors work for the Sound Choice Pharmaceutical Institute. They are anti-vaxxers with a lurid web site:

http://soundchoice.org/

The "study" was published in the Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology. I don't know if that is a reputable journal with appropriate peer review or not.

http://www.academicjournals.org/journal/JPHE

The "study" was funded by the M. J. Murdock Charitable Trust and private donations.

http://www.murdock-trust.org/

One should follow the money in regard to any scientific study. The hand that feeds is often directly involved in the crafting of the narrative.

I need to take a shower.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Another article involving the authors:

http://www.academicjournals.org/journal ... 8151247042
The aim of this study was to investigate a previously overlooked, universally introduced environmental factor, fetal and retroviral contaminants in childhood vaccines, absent prior to change points (CPs) in autistic disorder (AD) prevalence with subsequent dose-effect evidence and known pathologic mechanisms of action. Worldwide population based cohort study was used for the design of this study. The United States, Western Australia, United Kingdom and Denmark settings were used. All live born infants who later developed autistic disorder delivered after 1 January 1970, whose redacted vaccination and autistic disorder diagnosis information is publicly available in databases maintained by the US Federal Government, Western Australia, UK, and Denmark. The live births, grouped by father’s age, were from the US and Australia. The children vaccinated with MMRII, Varicella and Hepatitis A vaccines varied from 19 to 35 months of age at the time of vaccination. Autistic disorder birth year change points were identified as 1980.9, 1988.4 and 1996 for the US, 1987 for UK, 1990.4 for Western Australia, and 1987.5 for Denmark. Change points in these countries corresponded to introduction of or increased doses of human fetal cell line-manufactured vaccines, while no relationship was found between paternal age or Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) revisions and autistic disorder diagnosis. Further, linear regression revealed that Varicella and Hepatitis A immunization coverage was significantly correlated to autistic disorder cases.
I dunno. I am not a medical scientist.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

You probably corrected yourself that the first derived from a fetal cell line from the 1960s. It has been used extensively, yet, apparently, this "autism epidemic" is more recent.

Be that as it may this is a load of horse shit. Once again, there has been NO connection established between vaccines and autism spectrum disorder. In a similar debate, I found a paper from Denmark, I think, where they showed autism increased AFTER vaccines decreased.

It should be really simple to show a connection between the two. Yet no one can without lying.

Not directing vitriol towards you. I know this sort of stuff gets asked by crackpots.

--J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Oh yes, it's horse shit. Their conclusions are independent of the data. Their papers are loaded with biased terms and phrases. They did not study the actual vaccines; they studied a concoction of their own making.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Shows a frightful ignorance of the basic sciences behind what they claim to study.

This is like trying to figure out why wearing black underwear improves slugging percentage, particularly with runners in scoring position. First thing one should ask is is there any evidence of an improvement. Forget "correlation does not equal causation." Can I at least show a correlation.

In this case we cannot, but I will sally forth trying to explain how black underwear can improve slugging percentage by making up some crapola theory. "It could increase heat to the testicles so that more testosterone is released!" I then start sticking thermometers up the asses of random slobs I abduct obtain. "SEE?!" At no point do I determine if they can actually hit a baseball or even know what one looks like.

In other words: bullshit.

--J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Following the chain of command, so to speak...Sound Choice, the nonprofit, is owned by AVM Biotechnology:

http://www.cogforlife.org/avmpress110110.pdf
Archbishop Alexander J. Brunett blessed the facilities and scientists of AVM Biotechnology and their non-profit, Sound Choice Pharmaceutical Institute (SCPI) in a formal ceremony at Ecklind Hall on October 21, 2010. The event celebrates the first Catholic-based biotechnology company in the State.
Website hosting the "press release" quoted above:

http://www.cogforlife.org/

Bossed by Catholic priests.

AVM Biotechnology:

http://avmbiotech.com/

Founded and bossed by one of the authors of the paper previously discussed.

http://avmbiotech.com/team/

So here we have a clear connection to a for-profit company that would stand to benefit from abandonment of vaccines using the MRC-5 cell line, presumably in favor of stem cell technology.

Or so I surmise. I could be wrong.

...and for lagniappe...

Look at the HTML source code for the home pages of the sites listed. They all use similar coding, including the same WordPress SEO plugin.

IMHO they're all originating from the same management.

:cowbell:
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Damn I want yo join another species. :|

L.A. Vaccination Rates Still Plummeting Amid Pertussis Outbreak
Neatorama (blog)
Stick around, at this rate the gene pool will be a lot smaller soon enough.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Just saw a very excellent Nova special on vaccines. OK, us here probably aren't going to learn anything we didn't already know, but I still think it's worth a watch.

The good thing is, of course they covered the science and all that, but since such rational arguments fail with some people they also showed a baby in an ICU suffering from pertussis, struggling to breathe. Seeing the actual results of the disease on a helpless infant may be more persuasive than any statistics you can muster.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/vacci ... shots.html
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

People need to remember that in Reagan's America [Cue Hail to the Chief--Ed.], in even Bush the Younger's 'merica {Cue Send in the Clowns} [Stop it!--Ed.] Yeah, basically he was right about Obama fleeing Iraq but wrong about WMDs and how to run the Houston Texans, in fact [Get on with it!--Ed.]

Right . . . in the memory of most HERE . . . who have memories . . . these were diseases that only happened in Victorian novels--in the "past." Need to cull the seven children to further the plot of the novel and movie: "Thadeus succumbed to the whooping cough then was hit by an ocean liner."

Measles? Only the "too stupid to be vaccinated" ever got that.

Children who get these diseases do not "do well." But hey, Jenny's got tits! And tits are like, you know, they are SCIENCE! Because SCIENCE [!--Ed.] {Bush science?} Shhhh! MADE Jenny's tits!

Every time you doubt Jenny's Tits a child dies . . . of a preventable disease.

--J.D.