More global warming stuff

We are the Borg.
xouper
Title: mere ghost of his former self

Re: More global warming stuff

Post by xouper »

EvilYeti wrote:
xouper wrote:
EvilYeti wrote:So, in a nutshell, the non-professionals opinions have no weight ...
Agreed. I am glad to see you admit that your opinions, as a non-climatologist, likewise carry no weight.
Yes, if I were to accuse climate researchers of scientific malfeasance, that opinion would have no weight.
Your opinion has no weight period. You are not a climatologist and your opinion on the topic has no relevance to anyone but you.

In my case, I have never disputed the fact that my opinion carries no weight (beyond that of voting), so if you think you are insulting me by pointing that out, you are wasting your time.
EvilYeti

Post by EvilYeti »

xouper wrote: Your opinion has no weight period. You are not a climatologist and your opinion on the topic has no relevance to anyone but you.
When I have I ever expressed an opinion on this topic, other re: your personal failings? All I have ever done is repeat the facts and occasionally explain them to a lay audience.
In my case, I have never disputed the fact that my opinion carries no weight (beyond that of voting), so if you think you are insulting me by pointing that out, you are wasting your time.
I had to look this up, but you are indeed correct. There is no law prohibiting the mentally challenged from voting. Ya learn something every day!
xouper

Post by xouper »

EvilYeti wrote:
xouper wrote:Your opinion has no weight period. You are not a climatologist and your opinion on the topic has no relevance to anyone but you.
When I have I ever expressed an opinion on this topic, ...
Jeebus Buffy, the evidences are all over this forum.

And again, I will ignore your lame attempts at insulting me. I don't know why you bother, since all it does is make you look childish.
hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk »

Had anyone heard this before?

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... rgate.aspx
DrMatt

Post by DrMatt »

xouper wrote:And again, I will ignore your lame attempts at insulting me. I don't know why you bother, since all it does is make you look childish.
Doo-doo head.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Brilliant. :roll: Fucking WWF. Go fuck a Panda you idiots.
DrMatt

Post by DrMatt »

sparks wrote:Brilliant. :roll: Fucking WWF. Go fuck a Panda you idiots.
Wubs you too!
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Only if it's guaranteed to Godwin this thread AA....................... :)
hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk »

Did any of you numbnuts read the link I posted before the fight continued? :x
sparks

Post by sparks »

Yes. I did. Hence my post regarding the WWF and how they can go fuck a Panda. :wink:
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

This numbnut did, and is disappointed by the fight and evidences provided by either side.
sparks

Post by sparks »

What evidences? It's all speculation and spin at this point.
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

sparks wrote:What evidences? It's all speculation and spin at this point.
Why do you think I said "evidences" ?

Numbnut.

:P
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

What does the World Wrestling Federation have to do with anything?
manny

Post by manny »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
What does the World Wrestling Federation have to do with anything?
Hey, wanna see Evil Yeti talking about the IPCC report? Exclusive video!
EvilYeti

Post by EvilYeti »

hammegk wrote:Had anyone heard this before?

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... rgate.aspx
Hot on the heels of Climategate — the leaking of thousands of emails and computer files that show many of the world’s leading climate scientists fudging the results of their global warming research and contriving to keep skeptics from being published in academic journals — comes what could be called Glaciergate.
Blatantly false statement. There has been no evidence of 'fudging' and the scientists are contriving to keep non-academic (re: activist) papers out of academic journals.

There goes that 'Big Lie' thing again...

Beyond that the article itself makes clear that it was a speculative forecast. True, it shouldn't have been in the IPCC report and as such has since been redacted. Not sure what else needs to be said there.

Moving on...
But two Canadian researchers, Stephen McIntyre and Ross McKitrick, showed the graph was meaningless. Prof. Mann had manipulated over 80% of his data sets to ensure the climate numbers produced a hockey stick with ominous 20th-century temperature gains. Nearly any series of numbers plugged into Prof. Mann’s formula produced the same graph.
Another Big Lie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hockey_sti ... cil_Report

And we conclude with...
You also get to see how the “settled” science behind climate change alarmism was arrived at — not by scientific consensus, but rather by manipulation, misrepresentation and strong-arming.
More accurately, when one is reduced to an untenable position, one has no recourse but to resort to fraud. Ergo trash articles like this.

Any more questions?
xouper

Post by xouper »

EvilYeti wrote:
xouper wrote:Your opinion has no weight period. You are not a climatologist and your opinion on the topic has no relevance to anyone but you.
When? You ask when?? How about almost every time you post about AGW, such as your latest posts in this very thread.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Yeti, stop digging.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

While Smith did not propose a name for the amendment to the FOI law, it seems to me that the logical name would be the Jones et al (2010) Amendment (Jones et al being Jones, Philip W., Michael Mann, Keith Briffa, Caspar Ammann and Eugene Wahl.) This might prove a more permanent contribution than any of the Team hockeysticks.

The full statement:
Norfolk Police are investigating how private emails have become public. The Information Commissioner’s Office is assisting the police investigation with advice on data protection and freedom of information.

The emails which are now public reveal that Mr Holland’s requests under the Freedom of Information Act were not dealt with as they should have been under the legislation. Section 77 of the Freedom of Information Act makes it an offence for public authorities to act so as to prevent intentionally the disclosure of requested information. Mr Holland’s FOI requests were submitted in 2007/8, but it has only recently come to light that they were not dealt with in accordance with the Act.

The legislation requires action within six months of the offence taking place, so by the time the action taken came to light the opportunity to consider a prosecution was long gone. The ICO is gathering evidence from this and other time-barred cases to support the case for a change in the law. It is important to note that the ICO enforces the law as it stands – we do not make it.

It is for government and Parliament to consider whether this aspect of the legislation should be strengthened to deter this type of activity in future. We will be advising the University about the importance of effective records management and their legal obligations in respect of future requests for information. We will also be studying the investigation reports (by Lord Russell and Norfolk Police), and we will then consider what regulatory action, if any, should then be taken under the Data Protection Act.”
My guess is that this is not the end of this particular story.

From steve at http://climateaudit.org
EvilYeti

Post by EvilYeti »

xouper wrote:
EvilYeti wrote:
When? You ask when?? How about almost every time you post about AGW, such as your latest posts in this very thread.
I have no opinion on AGW, just as I have no opinion on evolution, gravity, the Apollo moon landing or whether bricks are heavy. I simply accept these things as part of the reality of our natural world (of which we humans are an integral part).

The fact that you, consistently, seem to think these sorts of things *are* a matter of opinion only demonstrates your near total incomprehension of the subject matter.

You are not even wrong, as you are so far removed from anything approaching competence in the natural sciences that you are incapable of even discussing the issue logically.

You know, I've always wanted to ask Shanek this, but as he's out to pasture you'll have to serve by proxy.

At what point, Xoup, do you realize you are playing for the wrong team? I mean, seriously, look at yourself. A middle-aged failure. Loser. Your entire life revolves around posting to shit bulletin boards like this one, and you can't even do that right. No friends, no woman, no career, nothing that could even be considered even a modest success by even the most conservative of estimates.

How big a fucking FAIL-burger do you have to eat before you realize you are simply wrong?
robinson
Title: Je suis devenu Français

Post by robinson »

EvilYeti wrote:I mean, seriously, look at yourself. A middle-aged failure. Loser. Your entire life revolves around posting to shit bulletin boards like this one, and you can't even do that right. No friends, no woman, no career, nothing that could even be considered even a modest success by even the most conservative of estimates.

How big a fucking FAIL-burger do you have to eat before you realize you are simply wrong?
That you don't see how funny that is, is self fail of epic proportions.

Continue.
xouper

Post by xouper »

robinson wrote:
EvilYeti wrote:I mean, seriously, look at yourself. A middle-aged failure. Loser. Your entire life revolves around posting to shit bulletin boards like this one, and you can't even do that right. No friends, no woman, no career, nothing that could even be considered even a modest success by even the most conservative of estimates.

That you don't see how funny that is, is self fail of epic proportions.

Continue.
It's pure Freudian Projection. But victims of projection cannot see it in themselves.

Yeti's characterization of me is obviously not supported by any facts. One wonders why he feels the need to say such things about someone when he clearly has no factual basis for saying it. Quite obviously, if he could win the argument on its merits, he wouldn't feel the need to attack me personally.
robinson

Post by robinson »

After you read enough fuckhead missives from self fail experts online, you may reach a point where the only reason to continue to interact with them

is 4 lulz

Getting them to burst a gasket and explode with anger and venom, it is milking the lolcow.
EvilYeti

Post by EvilYeti »

xouper wrote: It's pure Freudian Projection. But victims of projection cannot see it in themselves.
Xouper, I'm at least a decade younger than you and more successful than you will ever have the opportunity to be. Whether you get your bullshit mail-order PhD or not.

All your critics here and elsewhere are the same. I have no idea how I could project anything regarding you personally as I have no experience as to what its like to be as dismal an excuse for a human being as you are.

But I admit I'm curious. I really want to know big a fail it will take before you wake and realize what a complete waste of space you are.
robinson

Post by robinson »

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/co ... 762284.jpg
xouper

Post by xouper »

EvilYeti wrote:Xouper, I'm at least a decade younger than you and more successful than you will ever have the opportunity to be. Whether you get your bullshit mail-order PhD or not.

All your critics here and elsewhere are the same. I have no idea how I could project anything regarding you personally as I have no experience as to what its like to be as dismal an excuse for a human being as you are.

But I admit I'm curious. I really want to know big a fail it will take before you wake and realize what a complete waste of space you are.
Let us know when you decide to behave like a mature adult.
EvilYeti

Post by EvilYeti »

xouper wrote: Let us know when you decide to behave like a mature adult.
I have a pet theory that the AGW critics are uniformly failures at life and cling to their skepticism in a desperate attempt to give their otherwise worthless lives meaning.

So far I have seen no evidence to the contrary, here or elsewhere. If you have any evidence to the contrary, please present it.

And in the off chance that you are a high-school teacher, sorry that does not qualify as success (but explains much).
robinson

Post by robinson »

Don't hold your breath. I put the fucktard back on ignore. Nothing worth reading.
xouper

Post by xouper »

EvilYeti wrote:
xouper wrote:Let us know when you decide to behave like a mature adult.
I have a pet theory that the AGW critics are uniformly failures at life and cling to their skepticism in a desperate attempt to give their otherwise worthless lives meaning.

So far I have seen no evidence to the contrary, here or elsewhere. If you have any evidence to the contrary, please present it.

And in the off chance that you are a high-school teacher, sorry that does not qualify as success (but explains much).
OK, not yet, I see.

An no, I am not a teacher. I am currently a full-time graduate student at a reputable, highly ranked, mid-size university. My thesis adviser is a major international player in his area of research.
EvilYeti

Post by EvilYeti »

xouper wrote: OK, not yet, I see.

An no, I am not a teacher. I am currently a full-time graduate student at a reputable, highly ranked, mid-size university. My thesis adviser is a major international player in his area of research.
Oh great, a math grad student at your age? Fail. Burgers.

What's your Erdős number, btw? I know mine!

Met the gentleman right before he passed, nice guy. A little odd, though.
xouper

Post by xouper »

EvilYeti wrote:
xouper wrote:Let us know when you decide to behave like a mature adult.
. . . Oh great, a math grad student at your age? Fail. Burgers.
Still not yet, I see.

What's your Erdős number, btw? I know mine!
:roll:
EvilYeti

Post by EvilYeti »

robinson wrote:
Don't hold your breath. I put the fucktard back on ignore. Nothing worth reading.
I did it for the lulz, I admit!

Another gold star for me!
robinson

Re:

Post by robinson »

sparks wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:50 pm Oh....sweet Jeebus.

Here we go again. :Yawn:
Not really.