1 Down, 15 to go

Never agree to 3 points above the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: 1 Down, 15 to go

Post by Doctor X »

Oh definitely. Both teams could have swept the series--they made that many mistakes or had that many bad chances. Both have alternatively dominated then submitted in periods. The Hawks could outplay the Bruins in Boston . . . Boston could crush them then roll over in Chicago . . . who the fuck knows?

Though I have to be honest, the lost of Bergeron is another strike against Boston. Losing Campbell was bad enough.

--J.D.
Tiosylanyl
Title: The Three-eyed Raven

Post by Tiosylanyl »

Doctor X wrote:Oh definitely. Both teams could have swept the series--they made that many mistakes or had that many bad chances. Both have alternatively dominated then submitted in periods. The Hawks could outplay the Bruins in Boston . . . Boston could crush them then roll over in Chicago . . . who the fuck knows?

Though I have to be honest, the lost of Bergeron is another strike against Boston. Losing Campbell was bad enough.

--J.D.
Yeah, what happened to him? I was trying to watch on my phone but missed quite a bit of the first two periods due to the heathens (The Seventh Level of Hell and all). I got an alert saying he was in a hospital under observation, but couldn't find anything that indicated why.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

I actually do not know. I find I cannot listen to Doc Emerich or however you spell his name. But I generally do not enjoy listening to national commentators calling a game. No information given; lots of pap.

--J.D.
izittrue

Post by izittrue »

Looked like he pulled a groin but must be more serious as reports say he was taken to a hospital. Yes I am of little faith. I'm a Chicago sports fan:).
Tiosylanyl

Post by Tiosylanyl »

izittrue wrote: I'm a Chicago sports fan:).
Fair enough.
izittrue

Post by izittrue »

:)
Tiosylanyl

Post by Tiosylanyl »

That was a nice goal.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Holly molly.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

http://www.stencilpunks.org/choking_victim4.gif

Though I think Chicago would have won Game 7.

To Gram http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... cb5f8d.gif

Oh, and once again, unlike the Cowardly Cunt . . . I am here.

--J.D.
izittrue

Post by izittrue »

Who is the CC? Amazing.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

izittrue wrote:Who is the CC? Amazing.
The Coward who started this thread.

Sort of . . . ran away after boasting success for Vancouver with counting down the victories. Rather in keeping with his general lack of character. And . . . rather in keeping with Vancouver fans in general. As one Boston pundit put it, the Bruins and Blackhawks respect one another--the Bruins--and pretty much every other team--hated Vancouver. Mainly because of their attitude--see Coward who created this thread--players flopping and whining and all of that.

It was funny how "Da Press" tried to create some animosity between the teams. The best they could come up with was the rather obvious "we have to beat Chara." Yeah.

There was no need for "Da Press" to create animosity with Vancouver--they sort of brought it with them. I knew Canadian fans--who hated Bruins and most US teams--who rooted against Vancouver.

--J.D.
izittrue

Post by izittrue »

Ah. It's a weird feeling to have a winning team. Very good series. Either team could of won. Bring on football !!
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

izittrue wrote:Ah. It's a weird feeling to have a winning team. Very good series. Either team could of won. Bring on football !!
To be fair you had it twice, and Chicago was the best team all year. I think they would have destroyed Pittsburg(h)--so Crosby can stop blubbering about the nasty refs. Heck, before the Bruins choked there were some lucky "bounces" that went the Bruins way as in NOT becoming goals. There was one "shudda" been a goal on the Bruin side so the Bruins came out ahead on the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" sweepstakes.

The Hawks really did not play a "bad game" all series, and the Bruins certainly did. So in the great "who is the best team" fatuous argument the answer is the Blackhawks. Run the series a few more times and I think the Blackhawks win it more times than the Bruins. Now whether or not you can keep the team together is another story, but seems your "dead year" after your first cup was a good gamble.

Football?

Why not baseball?

Sorry.

--J.D.
izittrue

Post by izittrue »

Ha ha I got nuthin when it comes to baseball but I still root root root for both Chicago teams.
Tiosylanyl

Post by Tiosylanyl »

I watched the last two periods in the hotel bar with a group of self-proclaimed "Mass-holes" and Chicago fans. There was screaming, yelling, and fights almost broke out in the bar because some dipshit Chicago fan made a stupid reference to the Boston marathon...some guy came back from one of the Disney parks halfway through the game with his family, whipped off his shirt in front of the crowd and put on a flashing (as in battery powered) Bruins jersey. Hands down, it was the most entertaining finals game I've ever watched, if only because of the company.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Wow.

One of the reasons I never go to bars to watch such things is there are always too many drunken fuck-ups. I have zero patience for them. I love playing up the "fandom" but I really, really, really hate malicious people. I actually had a Masshole squashed in a ball park--called security on the shit head. Clearly drunk before he got to the venue he got all pissed off that a bunch of kids stood in front of him to get some autographs. Since I was a RS fan, the stadium security took my word--why would I be lying? Asswipe blathered about how "people were against him." Fans from both sides told him to shut up. So he sat down and shut up for the rest of the game.

But there will be shit heads. I am sure some shit-head brought up 9/11 to a Yankees/Jets fan.

Though one of the most entertaining games I watch with a Faiders-Fan friend was the then LA Faiders and Flats "Stupor Bowl." We both got really drunk as we watch two very bad teams play very, very badly. The Patriots "won" in that they lost and got Drew Bledsoe. Kind of interesting when you think what happened a number of years later. What if the Faiders had a QB?

--J.D.
izittrue

Post by izittrue »

But all the drunk fans on tv commercials look like they are having so much fun. Stoopid fuks. I hear ya DocX.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Doctor X wrote: To Gram http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... cb5f8d.gif

--J.D.
Well I can't really feel that smug about it. After all, my team got bounced in a previous round.

I just felt that other than being the best team in regular season, Chicago had a game plan and never deviated from it regardless from the circumstances in the game.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Pretty the smart bet. The "come back" which will now subside to the Carton Fisk home run as "awesome but . . . whatever" and the destruction of Pittsburg(h) caused people to overestimate the Bruins. Once the Bruins lost Campbell they were hurting. Still, both teams had more than enough chances to dominate the other. The Bruins choked away Game 1. Critical.

Chicago was still the pretty much unbeatable team. Sure, they nearly shat the bed against Detroit and if they had lost it in overtime it would be considered an "epic fail" of potential.

But that is sports.

--J.D.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Two overtimes . . . Flues survive two "delay of game" power plays.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... d5c8f5.jpg
--J.D.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

Looks like Boston might take the whole thing this year...unless Kings make it to the Cup game, then I will retract this statement :P
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

So long as it is not Vancouver. . . .

--J.D.
izittrue

Post by izittrue »

San Jose looked very good. I just don't think the hawks can beat the blues. But that could be my warped Chicago sports brain thinking.
Grammatron

Post by Grammatron »

izittrue wrote:San Jose looked very good. I just don't think the hawks can beat the blues. But that could be my warped Chicago sports brain thinking.
Chicago can beat the St. Louis because the blues had their whole defense collapse due to injuries and junk in the last few weeks of the season.

Now, can and will are different things.

San Jose looked good, but Quick was way not on his game and our defensive line did not help the matter either. The ship was righted a bit in the 3rd, but too late. If we can build on the momentum of the 3rd period this will be a series.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... dc1e9e.gif

--J.D.
Tiosylanyl

Post by Tiosylanyl »

Doctor X wrote:http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... dc1e9e.gif

--J.D.
Look at it this way...the Avs won yesterday.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... /brood.gif

--J.D.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

I am almost feeling sorry for Chicago.

Almost. . . .

--J.D.
izittrue

Post by izittrue »

Damn Hawks. The Blues have their number. I said that whoever won game two in OT will take the series.
Oh well I always have another pitiful baseball season to look forward too. "Wait till next year" can be heard in this 100th year of Wrigley Field already.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

But they did not get screwed like Tampa Bay did.

--J.D.
izittrue

Post by izittrue »

Doctor X wrote:But they did not get screwed like Tampa Bay did.

--J.D.
I missed that. What happened?
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

They called interference that disallowed a goal when there clearly was no interference. Goalie got beat but you know how the Flabs like to flop. Tampa would have had a 2-1 lead with momentum.

It was so bad even the Frog-Loving Commentators condemned it.

--J.D.
izittrue

Post by izittrue »

The refs seem to suck more than usual. At least the games I've watched. Bring back Bruce Hood.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... 60c4ce.gif

--J.D.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... 73f269.gif

Bring on the Canadian National Diving Team . . . http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... /brood.gif

--J.D.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Wow.

Up by two with two minutes left, Dallas chokes away the lead and loses the series.

--J.D.
Tiosylanyl

Post by Tiosylanyl »

Doctor X wrote:Wow.

Up by two with two minutes left, Dallas chokes away the lead and loses the series.

--J.D.
That's nice. Did I mention the Avs won last night?
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Who?

--J.D.
Tiosylanyl

Post by Tiosylanyl »

Doctor X wrote:Who?

--J.D.
:x
izittrue

Post by izittrue »

izittrue wrote:Damn Hawks. The Blues have their number. I said that whoever won game two in OT will take the series.
Oh well I always have another pitiful baseball season to look forward too. "Wait till next year" can be heard in this 100th year of Wrigley Field already.
So what do I know. Go Hawks!!