Japan

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: Japan

Post by Pyrrho »

Twit: https://twitter.com/kanakirirain/status/1565981804674236416
https://i.imgur.com/xkAlwIB.jpg
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

So she is into deep throating.

– J.D.
shuize

Post by shuize »

Doctor X wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:43 pm You just have to convince your students that complaining about you shagging them behind the shed will "bring disrepute" upon the university.

I did not write that.

– J.D.

Two things which could get me fired:

Getting charged with a crime. And I do mean charged. That “innocent until proven guilty” thing wouldn’t mean shit.

Fucking one of my students.*

* Undergraduate. Graduate students are apparently fair game. As long as you marry them. Or so I’ve heard.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

But I thought Japan did not recognize same-sex marriage.

何?

– J.D.
shuize

Post by shuize »

Doctor X wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:33 pm But I thought Japan did not recognize same-sex marriage.

I'm actually not sure which idea I find less appealing:

Fucking a guy.*

Remarriage.

* Not that there's anything wrong with you fucking them, of course.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

A better comparison would be getting fucked by a guy.

– J.D.

P.S. Not. . . .
shuize

Post by shuize »

Doctor X wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:52 pm A better comparison would be getting fucked by a guy.

– J.D.

P.S. Not. . . .

Funny how that idea never even occurred to me.*

* Not that there’s anything wrong with you thinking about it, of course. (Ha! Ha!)
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

shuize wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:34 pm
Doctor X wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:52 pm A better comparison would be getting fucked by a guy.

Funny how that idea never even occurred to me.*
The ambien in your drink tends to suppress short-term memory, yes.

– J.D.
shuize

Post by shuize »

The yen came within one sen* of 145 today.

I need to ask the girlfriend if she remembers laughing at me for buying dollars at 120.

* 1/100 of a yen (i.e. 144.99).
Last edited by shuize on Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado »

I wish it did.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

https://soranews24.com/wp-content/uploa ... 9/MP-1.jpg

Wokketu NŪZU!

– J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://i.imgur.com/6EIQkxJ.jpg
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

– J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62938608
Hundreds of thousands of people in Japan have been urged to evacuate their homes amid warnings of "unprecedented" risks from an approaching storm.

Typhoon Nanmadol is expected to make landfall on Kyushu island on Sunday.

Winds could reach 270km/h (168mph) and some areas could experience 500mm (20 inches) of rainfall in just 24 hours.
shuize

Post by shuize »

Pyrrho wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:48 pm https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62938608
Hundreds of thousands of people in Japan have been urged to evacuate their homes amid warnings of "unprecedented" risks from an approaching storm.

Winds could reach 270km/h (168mph) and some areas could experience 500mm (20 inches) of rainfall in just 24 hours.

Yeah, it's a big 'un.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Interesting, following that, I found this about a case I think got mentioned here a while back:
Gov't ordered to pay ¥1.65 mil over death of Cameroon man in detention center

Which is $11,541.75 in Winner Bucks.

A Japanese court on Friday ordered the government to pay 1.65 million yen in damages to the bereaved family of a Cameroonian man who died while being detained in an immigration control facility in eastern Japan.

The mother of the man, who died aged 43 in the Higashi-Nihon Immigration Center in Ushiku, Ibaraki Prefecture, in March 2014, had demanded that the government pay 10 million yen in damages, alleging that immigration officials failed to send him to a medical institution despite his claims of ill health.

The ruling "confirmed that it is but natural to send someone who is suffering to the hospital," said the defense counsel, describing it as a "breakthrough" that the court determined the state had the duty of care over the man.

In handing down the judgment, the Mito District Court ruled the immigration bureau failed to carry out its duty, saying it should have sent the man to a hospital immediately.

But Presiding Judge Masahiko Abe ruled out linking the bureau's actions to the man's death. "As the man's health had rapidly deteriorated, it does not necessarily mean he might have been saved if he had been taken immediately to a hospital," he said.

[Appeals "Snipped" – Ed.]

According to the ruling, the Cameroonian man was detained by the center in November 2013 after he was refused entry into the country at Narita airport outside Tokyo a month earlier.

He was reported to have health issues, including diabetes, and on March 27, 2014, he was transferred to a recuperation room monitored by a security camera after complaining of feeling unwell.

Although he underwent a medical examination in the facility, his condition worsened until his death days later, on March 30.

Until authorities found him in cardiopulmonary arrest, he had not been seen by any doctor outside the facility, nor had he been sent by ambulance to a hospital, the ruling said.

Security camera footage taken the night before his death showed the man falling from his bed to the floor and crying out, "I'm dying."

The man's bereaved family maintained that the immigration agency's response to his illness was illegal, while the national government sought the case's dismissal arguing the response was appropriate.

The government had said that leaving the judgment on dispatching detainees by ambulance to staff without medical knowledge is difficult, and even if the man had been transported from the facility, he still might not have been saved.

Treatment of foreign nationals detained at Japanese immigration facilities has come under increased scrutiny in recent years.

In March 2021, 33-year-old Sri Lankan Ratnayake Liyanage Wishma Sandamali died in a Nagoya detention facility after complaining of ill health, including vomiting and stomachaches, for around a month.

["Snip!" – Ed.]

Wishma's family is also seeking damages from the government over her death. Her sisters filed a complaint in August seeking an independent review of the Nagoya District Public Prosecutors Office's decision not to prosecute 13 people working at the facility when she died.

Prosecutors said they could not make a conclusion on her cause of death or establish a causal link between her treatment and her death.

Shoichi Ibusuki, a defense lawyer representing her family, said the ruling regarding the Cameroonian man was the "first-ever ruling that found the immigration facility responsible for a death."

Japan Today
– J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

shuize wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:58 am
Pyrrho wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:48 pm https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62938608

Yeah, it's a big 'un.
Twit: https://twitter.com/BLIXT_nishiyama/status/1571372204662853638
shuize

Post by shuize »

Pyrrho wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:34 pm
Spoiler:
shuize wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:58 am

Yeah, it's a big 'un.
Twit: https://twitter.com/BLIXT_nishiyama/status/1571372204662853638

The comments say Aki-shi, Kochi prefecture.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%AE%89 ... %82#/map/0

A few years ago, 2018 I think, the same big taifu that knocked out part of the Kansai Airport bridge also blew out many marina piers and sunk a couple of my friends’ sailboats near Osaka.

ETA: Speaking of Osaka, I heard a number of train lines will stop running in the early afternoon today (9/19).
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Nine million people evacuated.

– J.D.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Wow. I think what that probably means is that 9 million live in areas subject to evacuation warnings or advisories.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Jokes about your Recent Researches and Flooding taken as "read."

I am impressed that the casualty and deaths are very, very small given the potential.
I experienced a proper 日本の台風、ごめん、
沖縄の台風. Obviously, not quite this degree, but the One Companion who liked to turn on the telly, stare at the programs with no understanding of Japanese, followed its approach while Hot Chick in Business Suit reminded everyone that, yes, you could be fucked.

Another Companion, who is very concrete – he refused to travel to スタバク to witness the boob-grabbing nubiles because, "I don't like coffee" – engaged me in the following:

AC [Not Asthmatic – Ed.]: There's a hurricane coming.

Moi: Yes.

AC: We're scheduled to leave tomorrow.

AC: But what do we do?

Moi: I am many things, but Weather God is not one of them.

Said Event happened with great vengeance and furious anger. As the rain pelted our abode, I grabbed an umbrella, left, and made my way toward the ocean. AC followed aghast, but my other companion followed readily since such tended to end in Nubile Chans squeezing one another's おっぱい. [Citation Needed. – Ed.]

AC: Where are you going?

Moi: To the bar at the beach.

AC: Why? There's a hurricane!

Moi: Because if I'm going to die, it's going to be in a fucking bar.

There is great wisdom in this.

In the . . . well . . . you know.
– J.D.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Record 8,155 cases of syphilis logged in Japan as of this month

:shock:

– J.D.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

:wedgie:
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... /brood.gif

– J.D.
shuize

Post by shuize »

Doctor X wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:55 am Jokes about your Recent Researches and Flooding taken as "read."

I am impressed that the casualty and deaths are very, very small given the potential.

I experienced a proper 日本の台風、ごめん、
沖縄の台風. Obviously, not quite this degree, but the One Companion who liked to turn on the telly, stare at the programs with no understanding of Japanese, followed its approach while Hot Chick in Business Suit reminded everyone that, yes, you could be fucked.

Another Companion, who is very concrete – he refused to travel to スタバク to witness the boob-grabbing nubiles because, "I don't like coffee" – engaged me in the following:

AC [Not Asthmatic – Ed.]: There's a hurricane coming.

AC: We're scheduled to leave tomorrow.

AC: But what do we do?

Moi: I am many things, but Weather God is not one of them.

Said Event happened with great vengeance and furious anger. As the rain pelted our abode, I grabbed an umbrella, left, and made my way toward the ocean. AC followed aghast, but my other companion followed readily since such tended to end in Nubile Chans squeezing one another's おっぱい. [Citation Needed. – Ed.]

AC: Where are you going?

Moi: To the bar at the beach.

AC: Why? There's a hurricane!

Moi: Because if I'm going to die, it's going to be in a fucking bar.

There is great wisdom in this.

In the . . . well . . . you know.
– J.D.

Yeah, I was expecting worse.

In other news, the yen passed 145 recently before the Japanese government intervened for the first time in nearly a quarter century.

Fucking 145!

Man, I'm so old, I can still remember when it was in the 80s.*

Thankfully, our hero does not have all his eggs in the yen basket.

* A quick internet search says the yen reached 76.39 in post-tsunami March 2011.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

shuize wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:35 am

In other news, the yen passed 145 recently before the Japanese government intervened for the first time in nearly a quarter century.

Fucking 145!

* A quick internet search says the yen reached 76.39 in post-tsunami March 2011.
I wonder if this is the new normal or if it will go back down to where it was a few years ago?
shuize

Post by shuize »

Anaxagoras wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:01 am
shuize wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:35 am
Spoiler:

Fucking 145!

I wonder if this is the new normal or if it will go back down to where it was a few years ago?

I don't know how much is related to rising interest rates in the States and how much Japan is just structurally screwed (debt, demographics, etc.). I mean, the U.S. has been printing money like there's no fucking tomorrow and the yen still fell over 25% against the dollar in six months (115 in early March to recent intervention above 145).*

* On the other hand, a quick internet search shows the dollar rising roughly 10~15% against other currencies in the same period. So a bit of glass half empty/half full depending which way one wants to argue it.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

https://www.reddit.com/r/nextfuckinglev ... l_returns/
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Twit: https://twitter.com/NHKWORLD_News/status/1577068818349924373
shuize

Post by shuize »

I’m so old, I can still remember when little rocket man wasn’t doing that shit.