2005 Challenge: Rule type things that cross my mind:

Stump your fellow simians.
RCC

2005 Challenge: Rule type things that cross my mind:

Post by RCC »

Raising.

There is a big difference between "I raise X" and "I raise to X"

The first adds the amount to any bets to the player, the second just makes the total action during in that round the stated amound.

Examples:

If earlier player one bets 10...

Saying "I raise 20" makes the whole bet 30 for that round, in that all players must put in 30 to continue with the hand.

Saying "I raise to 20" makes the whole bet 20 for that round.

The dealer requests that players use the second "I raise to" formulation in order to make the play go more smoothly, so that the third player doesn't have to search the thread to add together the previous action to figure out how much a call requires.

Also...

The minimum bet/raise is the amount of the big blind or the previous bet, whichever is larger. What this means:

An all in player can bet less, but this is treated as a "call/check" for purposes of reopening the action. If:

player 1 checks
player 2 all in for less than minimum
player 3 calls

player one can only call or fold, player one cannot then raise.

This also means that any subminimum raise will be treated as a minimum raise. If the min is 20 chips, and a player posts a 10 chip raise, that raise will be treated as a 20 chip raise.

If you suspect an "illegal" raise, notify the dealer. Action taken after an "illegal" raise may stand or be reversable, depending on circumstance.

Folds always stand. Calls/raises can possibly be taken back and folded/called depending on the number of players that have acted before the error is caught. An illegal raise isn't a felony or anything so the game will not be completely disrupted to prevent it. As always, the dealer's discretion controls.
Last edited by RCC on Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCC

Post by RCC »

Another thing:

PLEASE ACT IN TURN

(see the other thread for the idea, action moves downward, and if you want to fold and get it over with PM the dealer with the table and hand number)
RCC

Post by RCC »

Calling:

If the bet is 10 to a player and the player posts "call 5," that player has just called 10.
RCC

Post by RCC »

No rule type thing here, just some general explaination of the last delay, and an idea of why they tend to occur...

http://wvgazette.com/section/News/Other ... 2005011941

(I believe this link will require registration or just not work in a few days)
bjornart

Post by bjornart »

RCC wrote:No rule type thing here, just some general explaination of the last delay, and an idea of why they tend to occur...

http://wvgazette.com/section/News/Other ... 2005011941

(I believe this link will require registration or just not work in a few days)
Oooh! :shock:

Free screensavers!
Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin »

bjornart wrote: Oooh! :shock:

Free screensavers!

Why does the term "doggy style" pop into my head?
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Rule question: (and maybe I just missed it) regarding 24 hr rule. If someone is in a hand, and there's no raise, what happens when their 24 hrs are up? Do they fold or check?

So far I think people would always have had to put in money (call or raise) to continue, but I'm not sure what happens mid-hand.
RCC

Post by RCC »

Aoidoi wrote:Rule question: (and maybe I just missed it) regarding 24 hr rule. If someone is in a hand, and there's no raise, what happens when their 24 hrs are up? Do they fold or check?

So far I think people would always have had to put in money (call or raise) to continue, but I'm not sure what happens mid-hand.
If there is no bet to them, it is a check. If there is a bet, it is a fold.
RCC

Post by RCC »

Another thing: If a player is sitting out and I am not around to post a fold, if you are next to act go ahead and note that you are skipping the person sitting out.

A return to the game only takes effect when posted to the game thread, so if there is no notice re: someone who is listed as sitting out then they are still out.
RCC

Post by RCC »

The reports of my demise have been slightly exaggerated.

I am on the road this weekend, and am on the dial-up connection of a friend in order to check the tourney.

So this is how the other half lives....

Anyway, I'll be "dark" again until late Sunday.
Beleth

Post by Beleth »

RCC wrote:Another thing: If a player is sitting out and I am not around to post a fold, if you are next to act go ahead and note that you are skipping the person sitting out.
What if the person after me is still sitting out from last hand?

Should I just say "I do X, and RedShift is still sitting out" until RedShift comes back?
RCC

Post by RCC »

Beleth wrote:
RCC wrote:Another thing: If a player is sitting out and I am not around to post a fold, if you are next to act go ahead and note that you are skipping the person sitting out.
What if the person after me is still sitting out from last hand?

Should I just say "I do X, and RedShift is still sitting out" until RedShift comes back?
Sure. I'd suggest saying that RedShift folds and maybe point out who is up, that sort of thing.
RCC

Post by RCC »

I'm now taking applications for the part of "Cecil."
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

I'm Cecil, and so is my wife! :twisted:
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

I'm Spartacus.
RCC

Post by RCC »

I appear to have messed something up on table 1. There are four extra chips somewhere.

I'll get to looking for it at some point when time allows, but if some bored sleuth type were to beat me to it, point it out, and tease me for my silly mistake I'm sure I'll get over being wrong...
Skeptoid

Post by Skeptoid »

You didn't subtract the big blind from Yahweh's stack at the beginning of Hand 30.

http://skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/vi ... 695#105695
RCC

Post by RCC »

Skeptoid wrote:You didn't subtract the big blind from Yahweh's stack at the beginning of Hand 30.

http://skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/vi ... 695#105695
Bingo.

Thanks...
Bearguin

Post by Bearguin »

Whew. I thought it might be me.
RCC

Post by RCC »

I will be without computer access from 2/27 to 3/8 (next Tuesday) so we will be on break during this period.

I will be in Atlantic City for ATLARGE. I'll most likely be posting a trip report. Hopefully it will have a happy ending...

I'm thinking it will start with "We were somewhere around Burgettstown, on the edge of Pennsylvania, when the euphoria of ATLARGE took hold."
RCC

Post by RCC »

I'm back, but I have the flu, and I really don't feel like creating another set of hands like I need to right now so it will be a few days before the game continues. Likewise with the report, although I can promise a shocking but uplifting ending to that...
RCC

Post by RCC »

As Beleth has withdrawn, we are down to ten players.

My plan is to simply pick up Beleth's chips and move all ten players to a single final table.

So, absent immediate and violent objections, we will pause for a moment once all tables finish the present hand, and I will randomly assign seats at the final table.
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

RCC wrote:
My plan is to simply pick up Beleth's chips and move all ten players to a single final table.
*cough*
RCC

Post by RCC »

CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:
RCC wrote:
*cough*
You OK there?

I hope you didn't catch my cold. I've been a mess for three weeks...
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

RCC wrote:
CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:
RCC wrote:
<*raises eyebrow*>
RCC

Post by RCC »

CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:
<*raises eyebrow*>
Are you saying you want back in? Or is that just a nervous tick from the thought that I will at some point attempt to play snooker on that 7' table?
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

RCC wrote:
CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:
<*raises eyebrow*>
Are you saying you want back in? Or is that just a nervous tick from the thought that I will at some point attempt to play snooker on that 7' table?
Told you already - I'm out.

As for the snooker baby, you're easy money.
RCC

Post by RCC »

My new idea is to leave Beleth's seat and chips in the game, offered to the first person that wants in... until then the stack will blind off... this makes it easier to keep track of total chip count...

However, I'm still going to collapse this into the final table... 11 handed never killed anyone... we used to go 20 handed on the old IRC poker server and all that came out of that was Chris Ferguson winning the WSOP....I foresee busy times for me and one table will make things a bit less busy on my end.
Skeptoid

Post by Skeptoid »

I'm good with that, although in this format things move so slowly with so many at the table.
Bearguin

Post by Bearguin »

Can I trade with vacant? He has more chips then me.

And why can't I have a real number by my name?
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

x is a real number, you Roman hater.

;)