Pompeian house

What's your artifact doing in Boss Kean's ditch?
Witness

Pompeian house

Post by Witness »

Science Alert wrote:Archaeologists have virtually reconstructed an ancient Pompeii house in 3D, revealing the beauty of a well-to-do Italian home almost 2,000 years ago.

The project, which recreates the dwelling of a wealthy Pompeii banker called Caecilius Iucundus, gives us our best look yet at what living conditions were like in the famous city before the devastating eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.

The reconstruction builds upon the work of the Swedish Pompeii Project, which began in 2000 at the Swedish Institute in Rome and is now overseen by researchers at Sweden's Lund University.

http://www.sciencealert.com/this-recons ... ius-struck
Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Re: Pompeian house

Post by Bruce »

Almost feels like I've been there before....
Witness

Post by Witness »

↑ Sorry Bruce, I seem to be impervious to pop. Thin, tinny voice, poor range; practically 2/2 rhythm more than the already too complex 4/4; abandoned buildings, decrepit places, night shots like in so much movies (the big advantage being that it costs nothing). Couldn't arse myself to listen to the text… :(
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Totally understandable. I just like the "lei-lei-lu-lei-lu" chant in the background for some reason. I don't care much for the rest of the song. The video is just creepy.

If I end up posting multiple links to pop songs and drinking all day long, like some people we know, you have my permission to find me and :De_Bunk: .

:P
Witness

Post by Witness »

Wish I were only half as witty as you, Bruce. Perhaps I'm just not desperate enough. :mrgreen:
Bruce wrote:I just like the "lei-lei-lu-lei-lu" chant in the background for some reason.
That I can understand. But why not go for the Real Thing®?

(Bulgaria is still in Europe, right? Have some doubts suddenly…)
Bruce wrote:If I end up posting multiple links to pop songs and drinking all day long, like some people we know, you have my permission to find me and :De_Bunk: .
Oh, I'll :De_Bunk: you all right… if you persist in not writing That Book®!!! :x
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

These kids do a better job.

I'm a step closer to writing that book, Witness. I located my archives from 2003-2005 from when I was especially active on the JREF forum, before things went to shit over there. I wrote a lot back then. Good quality stuff too. Found some things I had written about my daughter that I had forgotten, like when my daughter got into giving head-butts to show affection. She gave me a fat lip about 3 days before I had a job interview. Good times. :)

I showed a few to my kids. Soon they will be on me to write that book as well. For now, they are bed-time stories.
Witness

Post by Witness »

Bruce wrote:I'm a step closer to writing that book, Witness. I located my archives from 2003-2005 from when I was especially active on the JREF forum, before things went to shit over there. I wrote a lot back then. Good quality stuff too. Found some things I had written about my daughter that I had forgotten, like when my daughter got into giving head-butts to show affection. She gave me a fat lip about 3 days before I had a job interview. Good times. :)

I showed a few to my kids. Soon they will be on me to write that book as well. For now, they are bed-time stories.
Dancing1.gif
Wow!!!
Dancing2.gif