The UK thread

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Re: The UK thread

Post by Hotarubi »

Giz

Post by Giz »

It’s not really news anymore that being a jerk in the UK is illegal:

“British Veteran Arrested for ‘Causing Anxiety’ After Sharing Swastika Made Out of Progress Pride Flags on Social Media

“Someone has been caused anxiety based on your social media post. That is why you have been arrested.””

https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/08/b ... ial-media/
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

"Causing Anxiety?"

Why are Boris the Slider, Sir Cement Head, Rishi the Sissy, Liz Puss, Angela Basic Instinct, That Fat Scots Git, That Unctuous Prat from the LSD, Mad Racist Jeremy, Michael "Warmed Crumpets in His Ass Crack at Public School" Gove, et cetera not in jail?

– J.D.
Giz

Post by Giz »

https://i.imgur.com/VDMsjJy.jpg

Actually, a certain politician may be hoist by her own petard. Nadine dorries bill, currently stalled due to leadership contest, may well criminalize her (re)tweet:
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

"But MY TWEETS aren't offensive! All the Right-Minded People agree with me, right?!"

I thought it was funny.

I thought her excuses pathetic.

Given the embarrassment Boris the Slider caused – for such stupid, stupid reasons – I am surprised at the numbers who are mad he had to go.

– J.D.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Giz wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:18 pm It’s not really news anymore that being a jerk in the UK is illegal:

“British Veteran Arrested for ‘Causing Anxiety’ After Sharing Swastika Made Out of Progress Pride Flags on Social Media

“Someone has been caused anxiety based on your social media post. That is why you have been arrested.””

Both released without charge.
ed
Title: That Firebrand

Post by ed »

Any record that would follow them aeound?
Captain
Title: Captain

Post by Captain »

Giz wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:18 pm It’s not really news anymore that being a jerk in the UK is illegal:

For his own good...
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

ed wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:57 pm Any record that would follow them aeound?
Holiday in Cambodia by the Dead Kennedys?
ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

Phone the police to report a burglary, and you'll be lucky if even one copper comes to inspect the crime scene.

But "cause offence" by posting an anti-woke meme, and the cops will come round your house mob handed (three police together visited the house of the guy who reposted the rainbow swastika on Facebook). He refused to go on a 're-education course' (a.k.a. brainwashing) and was then arrested.

I always believe that a person takes offence rather than another person giving it. Some of the woke brigade spend half their lives trawling through social media posts searching for things they can be offended by.

You should have the right to be offended by what I post, and I should have the right not to give a fuck.

How about the anxiety and offence caused by the possibility of being descended upon, and arrested by, a mob of the woke police?

The police are always complaining that they're understaffed, overworked, and therefore unable to properly deal with all the real crimes: mugging, stabbing, mostly-Pakistani rape gangs, burglary, etc. etc. But they apparently have plenty of manpower to deal with trivia.

In my opinion, when someone phones the police to complain about a rainbow swastika, the police should tell that person to grow up - and if the person continues to complain, then the police should arrest them for wasting police time.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

ceptimus wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:24 pm Phone the police to report a burglary, and you'll be lucky if even one copper comes to inspect the crime scene.
Is the burglary current or happen in the past. Very important distinction. Most recent stats I could find show Met Police responses are consistently around 10 mins for current activity. 2 hrs for "someone broke in last night."

Other Police Forces use different grading systems. E.g . Sussex police aim to respond within 15 mins to emergency burglary calls. Scheduled responses are within 24 hrs and yes .. Diary calls are agreed with the caller.

To claim "youll be lucky to get one copper" is an unsubstantiated (so far) soundbite that sounds a bit DailyMailish.
But "cause offence" by posting an anti-woke meme, and the cops will come round your house mob handed (three police together visited the house of the guy who reposted the rainbow swastika on Facebook). He refused to go on a 're-education course' (a.k.a. brainwashing) and was then arrested.
Ill start off by saying i detest this legislation. I also detest the way this stuff is reported and reacted to for entirely different reasons.

Assholes on twitter or the like generally do not get "a visit" on the first offence. Serial offenders do. This never gets mentioned.

Secondly, how the person reacts may get them detained for entirely different reasons. Note (as usual) that an edited video is posted.

From the Met:

The most relevant offences are 'harassment' and 'malicious communications'. For harassment to be committed, there must have been a clear 'course of conduct'. That is, two or more related occurrences. The messages do not necessarily have to be violent in nature, but would need to have caused some alarm or distress.

If there has only been a single communication, it’s unlikely it would qualify as harassment, but could be considered a malicious communication. For such an offence to be committed, a message must be sent to another person, or sent via a public communications network, that is indecent, grossly offensive, obscene, threatening or menacing.

I would suggest that considering the LGBT community were targeted for extermination by the Nazis - posting such imagery is pretty fucking offensive and deliberate. A British Army veteran should know better.
I always believe that a person takes offence rather than another person giving it. Some of the woke brigade spend half their lives trawling through social media posts searching for things they can be offended by.
Curious how you deliberately use insulting rhetoric yet decree it is other people's fault for finding it offensive.

Just an observation.
You should have the right to be offended by what I post, and I should have the right not to give a fuck.
Of course.
How about the anxiety and offence caused by the possibility of being descended upon, and arrested by, a mob of the woke police?
Aside from the rhetoric, That is the crux of the matter.
yadda darkie rape gangs ignored.
n my opinion, when someone phones the police to complain about a rainbow swastika, the police should tell that person to grow up - and if the person continues to complain, then the police should arrest them for wasting police time.
I prefer to live in a world where people were grown up enough to not post nazi imagery to a demographic that were exterminated by them in order to cause distress.

But that's just me.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

*zip*

Double post
Last edited by Hotarubi on Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giz

Post by Giz »

“Victims of violent attacks are waiting up to nine days for police to respond to their 999 calls despite official targets that state officers should attend within an hour.

Homeowners who are burgled are also left waiting up to five days for a police officer to respond to their emergency calls, according to figures obtained by The Sunday Times under freedom of information laws.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/vict ... -72f6dkmf0
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Paywall. Can't see. Interested to see the stats and what they refer to. My FoI for the Met disagrees.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Giz wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:18 pm “Victims of violent attacks are waiting up to nine days for police to respond to their 999 calls despite official targets that state officers should attend within an hour.

Homeowners who are burgled are also left waiting up to five days for a police officer to respond to their emergency calls, according to figures obtained by The Sunday Times under freedom of information laws.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/vict ... -72f6dkmf0
"Victims of violent attacks are waiting up to nine hours."

That would be every single call. Dipshit.

In fact:

The victim of a violent assault waited almost nine days for police to respond to a 999 call, whilst a burglary victim had to wait nearly five days for a response to their emergency calls.

Worst examples with no context. Carry on.
Giz

Post by Giz »

Are you claiming that a respected part of the legacy media is propagating fake news?

Why do you hate democracy?
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

ceptimus wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:24 pm Phone the police to report a burglary, and you'll be lucky if even one copper comes to inspect the crime scene.

The police are always complaining that they're understaffed, overworked, and therefore unable to properly deal with all the real crimes: mugging, stabbing, mostly-Pakistani rape gangs, burglary, etc. etc. But they apparently have plenty of manpower to deal with trivia.

In my opinion, when someone phones the police to complain about a rainbow swastika, the police should tell that person to grow up - and if the person continues to complain, then the police should arrest them for wasting police time.
Reported.

– J.D.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Not saying it is fake. Just deliberately misrepresented.

Never respected the Times. It makes the Telegraph seem communist.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Meanwhile the Next Prime Minister – probably – calls Fish Face an "attention whore" best ignored by the adults – probably.

– J.D.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Twit: https://twitter.com/JohnCleese/status/1554333691022680065
Twit: https://twitter.com/holmesjsamuel/status/1554149531561988096
https://i.imgur.com/UMIl6Op.jpg
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Break out the scaffold, gibbet, and get the fires roasting!

Man caught in Windsor Castle grounds charged with Treason

– J.D.
Giz

Post by Giz »

Doctor X wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:53 pm Break out the scaffold, gibbet, and get the fires roasting!

Man caught in Windsor Castle grounds charged with Treason

– J.D.
Huh, whaddya know, I’d assumed it would be the Sussexes.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

They paid him.

Should have listened to Hilary.

– J.D.
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

He is completely wrong.

The media is perfectly happy to call someone they do not support a liar. They call them liars and worse all the time.

They just are not in their class.

Someone outside their class calling one of their class a liar?

Cannot have that! End of Civilization as we know it!

– J.D.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Doctor X wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:13 am He is completely wrong.

The media is perfectly happy to call someone they do not support a liar. They call them liars and worse all the time.

They just are not in their class.

Someone outside their class calling one of their class a liar?

Cannot have that! End of Civilization as we know it!

– J.D.
"Not my team."
Giz

Post by Giz »

Plod finally got hold of a couple of leads!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArchRose90/s ... 2040304641
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Giz

Post by Giz »

Crime in the UK:

“Until 2015, the proportion of thefts which led to a suspect being charged or summonsed to appear in court hovered around 10 per cent. In 2021-22, the rate had fallen to 4.1 per cent

In some parts of the country, the clear-up rates are truly shocking. The Telegraph has revealed that 84 per cent of neighbourhoods failed to solve any personal thefts – such as bag snatches – over the past three years.“

But law and order is not lost - over 3000 people a year are arrested for social media posts.

It’s all about priorities.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/how ... n-britain-
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Fuck.

Thought crimes. Tweet, Tweet, Tweet. And Iphones is the worst!!!! :)
Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado »

sparks wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:55 pm Fuck.

And Iphones is the worst!!!! :)
Excuse me, would you step over here.

(pulling on long rubber gloves)

Just routine. Please empty your pockets and media folder.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Giz wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:41 pm Plod finally got hold of a couple of leads!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArchRose90/s ... 2040304641
Photoshoot.

17 seconds.

Etc.
asthmatic camel

I had to go to hospital one time and the paramedics were alarmed by my completely legally held collection of air rifles. I explained all this and that I only used them for occasional target practice in the garden. They're just about capable of killing a rabbit at fifty yards, not that I'm a hunter: it's just a harmless hobby.

Lo and behold, an hour after I'd been carted off in the ambulance, Mrs. Camel got a knock on the door from the armed response squad, fully tooled up with serious kit and scaring the living daylights out of her.

They're single shot .22 & .177 air guns, for fuck's sake. Not assault rifles!

After the initial shock, Mrs. Camel had a good laugh with them, one of whom was very keen to take them away, presumably for his own use. The request was firmly but politely refused, after all the guns had been found to be safe and legally held.

I've never been in trouble with the law, not so much as a speeding ticket in all my 56 years. It's good to know that the police will scare the shit out of my wife while I'm in hospital but will do fuck all when our cars have been stolen.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

It's their job AC.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Just like to point out, that in the UK, to pass the Paramedics exam there is a section on "what all air rifles look like" and "taking everyone's word for it."

Thought everyone knew that.

Too soon?
sparks

Post by sparks »

Obviously not.
asthmatic camel

Hotarubi wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:36 pm Just like to point out, that in the UK, to pass the Paramedics exam there is a section on "what all air rifles look like" and "taking everyone's word for it."

Thought everyone knew that.

Too soon?
I demonstrated that they were spring and gas powered sport rifles. The kind you find at a travelling fairground FFS!

The last two times our cars were nicked, fuck all happened. They didn't even bother to scare the shit out of wife with Uzis, Tasers, Night Batons and pepper sprays.
Last edited by asthmatic camel on Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giz

Post by Giz »

Jeez, now you’re throwing traveling fairgrounds under the bus??
asthmatic camel

See the edited version, Giz. You're quick!