Something odd is happening in baseball this year

Never agree to 3 points above the vig.
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Re: Something odd is happening in baseball this year

Post by Hotarubi »

Doctor X wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:47 pm I always admired the few batters who let the "bat slip" and go spinning at the pussy on the mound.

Fair is fair.

– J.D.
Careful. You might come across a fat unctuous toad who will throw it back at you like Roger Chemicals did with Mike "I'm not gay" Pallazzo.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Just, unlike Clemens, you have to hit the mark during a playoff game.

Not quit too early.

Blame managers and kids.

– J.D.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

File this under "probably overthinking it" and not to be taken seriously. Yet it might be.

The aforementioned Jose Quintana. Traded to the Cards for "prospects". Now, as any Pirates fan will tell you, any trade involving a decent/good player for prospects means:

1/ Prospects are Out and out shit.
2/ Remains in minors for years. Options not picked up after 6 games in the majors. Becomes DJ in some sports bar and grill. Bores everyone forever with how he once struck out Mike Trout in the 6th inning.
3/ Has full season in Majors, hits .220 with 7 homers and 3SB. Gets traded to the Twins and miraculously possesses the ability to hit .305 and 34 HR the next season.

Quintana. Apart from the stupidity of trading the best part of your rotation to a divisional rival (Quintana instantly becomes statistically the second best pitcher on the Cards' staff behind Wainwright), seeing as divisional rivals play each other more often than other teams, would this not mean a higher probability of losing more games to a divisional rival down the stretch, thus ensuring a "better" position in the draft?

Is that not...kinda...sorta....cheating naughty?
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

I am still trying to figure out why Dombrowski had to go given that all of the "PROSPECTS WHO ARE PROSPECTS AND WILL BECOME SHOHEI TROUT" he traded to build his team are all, now, trying to find a sports bar, had to go.

No, I am not bitter.

– J.D.

P.S. Good game tonight.

P.P.S. What?
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Doctor X wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:00 am I am still trying to figure out why Dombrowski had to go given that all of the "PROSPECTS WHO ARE PROSPECTS AND WILL BECOME SHOHEI TROUT" he traded to build his team are all, now, trying to find a sports bar, had to go.
Pretty sure the GMs wanted a different methodology for success other than "buying the pennant."

What?
shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

Post by shemp »

Yeah, but their "(GO/AO x (BABIP + ISO)) / ((SwSp% x MaxExitVelocity) + (Bris/BBE% x WAR))" numbers are through the fucking roof!
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

shemp wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:23 pm Yeah, but their "(GO/AO x (BABIP + ISO)) / ((SwSp% x MaxExitVelocity) + (Bris/BBE% x WAR))" numbers are through the fucking roof!
Hey, they are still baseball traditionalists the think that WHiP is what you do to children that haven't dug enough coal.
shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

Post by shemp »

Hotarubi wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:32 am
shemp wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:23 pm Yeah, but their "(GO/AO x (BABIP + ISO)) / ((SwSp% x MaxExitVelocity) + (Bris/BBE% x WAR))" numbers are through the fucking roof!
Hey, they are still baseball traditionalists the think that WHiP is what you do to children that haven't dug enough coal.
Bloody luxury! When I was a wee lad in the colliery, we didn't have a shovel to dig! We had to pull the coal out of the seam with our teeth! And if we didn't make our quota, we'd be shot by firing squad! You and your fancy whips had it so soft!
Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado »

Well, we had it rough.

I watched the Rangers.

What? Like I need to add more?!
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

You could be forced to watch the Pirates.

– J.D.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Right. We have Slider as a mascot.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

This guy is good.

– J.D.