IQ. Do UQ? A Sojourn Among the True Believers.

How can we expose more people to critical thinking?
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: IQ. Do UQ? A Sojourn Among the True Believers.

Post by Pyrrho »

Come the revolution, only stupid people will be smart.
Witness

Post by Witness »

I also read the article in that Unz Review about the Mormons killed in Mexico. Interesting and very different from the official media version, but I don't know how much I should believe.

Do you have some info on the Review, Abdul? (As I see it from skimming, it's a weird mix.)
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

I took the MENSA test when I was a young man and qualified to join with an IQ of 148.

Then decided not to join because beer, music and girls seemed like lots more fun than hanging around with a bunch of IQ geeks.

:D
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Like how you slipped that in there. You are a GOT villain, the lord of name dropping
asthmatic camel

Heh. Interestingly, the topic of IQ arose during a conversation with skeptica and she nearly exploded! It's fair to say she's not a fan!
asthmatic camel

About 150 seems right for me. It was enough to win me a free scholarship to a top private school, anyway. (Not that I did much with it other than play lots of lacrosse!)
asthmatic camel

I dunno, it's a fair measure of how likely people are to be able to comprehend advanced concepts. But, it misses a lot. I was an A grade artist at school and off the scale musically, (pun intended). IQ doesn't test for skills like that.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:53 pm
asthmatic camel wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:41 am I took the MENSA test when I was a young man and qualified to join with an IQ of 148.

Then decided not to join because beer, music and girls seemed like lots more fun than hanging around with a bunch of IQ geeks.

:D
I have varied from 95 (bad attitude 5th grader) to 200+ (Army recruiter who promised I'd have a job maintaining nukes and not with a rifle).
The armed forces does not give an IQ test. They give the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test. Your score on which represents the percentile of all others taking the test. The highest possible score is 99. If we convert that to an IQ percentile, a perfect score would represent an IQ of 135 or above; how far above cannot be determined. An IQ of 200 would pretty much make you one of the three smartest people on earth, which I know isn't true because I get two Christmas cards every year and neither are from you. So yea, the recruiter was blowing smoke up your ass.