How?

How can we expose more people to critical thinking?
robinson
Title: Sardonic asshole

Re: How?

Post by robinson »

Arguing/discussing shit on the internet is almost always a huge waste of time

But, sometimes I learn some me things new and valuable from “the enemy”

Especially when it’s a subject I don’t know much about

Most people won’t lift a finger to help you out online, but goddamn, if you are appearing to challenge their pet belief, or worse, something they are an expert in, they will move heaven and earth to prove you are wrong
robinson
Title: Sardonic asshole

Post by robinson »

Many people don’t even know how to do an analysis of facts to form a judgment.

They simply never were taught how. The rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, or evaluation of factual evidence isn’t even a thing to them. The very idea of self-directed, self-disciplined, self-monitored, and self-corrective thinking just doesn’t exist. Much less rigorous standards of excellence and mindful command of one’s own thinking. Even if one does consider it important, as valuable, using effective communication and problem-solving abilities as well as a commitment to overcome native egocentrism and sociocentrism isn’t something one just acquired by chance.

Hell, if anybody actually reads that above, it probably sounds like nonsense to them
gnome

Post by gnome »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:39 pm Um OK.

Who are you addressing?
That cartoon stereotype Indian over there?
gnome

Post by gnome »

robinson wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:18 pm Arguing/discussing shit on the internet is almost always a huge waste of time

But, sometimes I learn some me things new and valuable from “the enemy”

Especially when it’s a subject I don’t know much about

Most people won’t lift a finger to help you out online, but goddamn, if you are appearing to challenge their pet belief, or worse, something they are an expert in, they will move heaven and earth to prove you are wrong
So can I take this as an admission that you're full of crap when you argue? It would save me a lot of time. Or perhaps you could signal when you're trying to be serious.