Unofficial Final table comment thread

Stump your fellow simians.
Aoidoi

Unofficial Final table comment thread

Post by Aoidoi »

Ok, after the all in call (hand 46) my psychic prediction is RS has a wired pair of Ks.

Let's see how this works out.

ETA: or 6c5c. That was my second guess. :D

Went all the way on an open ended straight draw. I suppose this doesn't due well for my psychic abilities. But I'll keep guessing... I mean prognosticating! ;)

Also EDA- good hand, RedShift. I hadn't the foggiest idea what you had. (as can be seen above.)
Yahweh

Post by Yahweh »

Capital play, good sir!
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Thanks Yahweh. :)

I figured I was in good shape with top pair until RedShift reraised. But at that point was just hoping I wasn't too far behind. The check on the river I figured RS didn't have a queen, but after the call was thinking some sort of wired pair cause I wasn't sure what else would make sense. And was pretty well wrong on all counts.

So far my lack of ability has been covered by having the better cards. :)

(and I'm glad I got crap to fold this hand, cause being in the pot is so much more stressful than folding. I need a break. :D)
RedShift

Post by RedShift »

Ah well. I had a shot. You bastard. :twisted:

11th is the highest I've ever finished in just about anything though so I am content.
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

weeee... a flop with all sorts of straight possibilities, plus a possible flush draw. (7s 8d 9s)

[WPT] That's a scary flop. [/WPT]

ETA fun, possible flush (Ks)

what, nobody else likes table talk? :)
Yahweh

Post by Yahweh »

I think I've figured out MLynn's strategy:

Raise to 30 before the flop, then collect the blinds after everyone has been scared away. It might be slow, but it works ;)
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Well, if I ever pick up a hand when she does it then she's fairly hosed. It's pretty much a guaranteed all in for her at that point. Which works every time but once. :)

btw, I'd have won the last hand with a set of 9s. Damnit. :D
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Holy crap am I lucky. Was pretty sure I had MLynn beat, hadn't the foggiest about bjornart, was just kinda hoping he'd go away.

Glad this wasn't tv, I hate the pauses before seeing the rest of the cards. :)
slimshady2357

Post by slimshady2357 »

Aoidoi wrote:Holy crap am I lucky. Was pretty sure I had MLynn beat, hadn't the foggiest about bjornart, was just kinda hoping he'd go away.

Sitting pretty now though, ain't ya :wink:

Poor bjornar, got hosed on the river. :( That's the way the cookie crumbles though.

Two more gone and we're down to seven now.....

Adam
bjornart

Post by bjornart »

slimshady2357 wrote:
Aoidoi wrote:Holy crap am I lucky. Was pretty sure I had MLynn beat, hadn't the foggiest about bjornart, was just kinda hoping he'd go away.

Sitting pretty now though, ain't ya :wink:

Poor bjornar, got hosed on the river. :( That's the way the cookie crumbles though.

Two more gone and we're down to seven now.....

Adam
Man that was close. :D I figured Aoidoi was trying to scare me off and called his "bluff", but the cards went his way in the end. Bastard.
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

I figured that if you didn't have top pair you'd probably have to lay it down. Or if you had an ace with a bad kicker you might lay it down. But AK in that situation pretty much meant you were in regardless. Just a lucky suck-out on my part. Only 6 cards in the deck woulda saved me (or a KQ for a straight), and that's assuming nobody folded one earlier.

Good game guys. MLynn was short stacked and pot committed, and bjornart had me beat when he called. I'm just catching cards.
Yahweh

Post by Yahweh »

What can you buy with your 500 chips, Aoidoi?
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Your SOUL!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Course, buying imaginary things with imaginary money can be tough. Though AOL managed to buy Time Warner with it. Go figure.
MLynn

Post by MLynn »

I want to apologize if I was a bad influence on bjornart. I only went all in as I was dying on the vine as it were and had to make a bold move. I just wanted to be out of my misery.

Short stacked? Only in chips... :lol:
Yahweh

Post by Yahweh »

This is going to be a fun hand, wont it?
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

I was thinking of going all in just to see if I could knock out a bunch of people, but I had a 10 3 and wasn't gonna try it with that. :lol:

(now watch, flop comes 10 10 3. :D)
V.2

Post by V.2 »

I sense the grim reaper coming for me.

66 -- the best hand I've been dealt the entire tourney. It's a small scale statistical phenomonon.
bjornart

Post by bjornart »

MLynn wrote:I want to apologize if I was a bad influence on bjornart. I only went all in as I was dying on the vine as it were and had to make a bold move. I just wanted to be out of my misery.

Short stacked? Only in chips... :lol:
You weren't a bad influence on me. As Aoidoi said I had better cards when I called, but he got lucky with that final ten. :)

All in all I'll have to say I'm satisfied with my first (semi-real) poker game .
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Ok, that's a bit annoying. Once again I'd have won if I called (pair of tens & 4s). But what kind of maniac would call with 10 3 off suit? :D
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Was my call in the last hand silly? I figured pot odds were about 2-1, and my hand was k 10 of diamonds, which seemed a playable hand (6 handed). Should I have folded? Shemp and Yahweh went all in ahead of me.

As a general question, if 2 players ahead of you are all in, what kind of hand does it make sense to go in with? I figure that would generally mean that at least one of them had a good hand... but there's a lot of money in the pot at that point.

Any thoughts?
Quester_X

Post by Quester_X »

I sense the grim reaper coming for me.
You aren't on my list, for now...
shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

Post by shemp »

Aoidoi wrote:Was my call in the last hand silly? I figured pot odds were about 2-1, and my hand was k 10 of diamonds, which seemed a playable hand (6 handed). Should I have folded? Shemp and Yahweh went all in ahead of me.

As a general question, if 2 players ahead of you are all in, what kind of hand does it make sense to go in with? I figure that would generally mean that at least one of them had a good hand... but there's a lot of money in the pot at that point.

Any thoughts?
I think you were just a bit nutty. Yahweh was suicidal.
Yahweh

Post by Yahweh »

shemp wrote:
Aoidoi wrote:Was my call in the last hand silly? I figured pot odds were about 2-1, and my hand was k 10 of diamonds, which seemed a playable hand (6 handed). Should I have folded? Shemp and Yahweh went all in ahead of me.

Any thoughts?
I had a fit of psychic premonition and said "Hey, I think I can turn this into a straight".
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Well, my psychic abilities said Shemp was bluffing and you had Ace something. So my abilities clearly need a tune-up. Or tire rotation. Or something.
shemp

Post by shemp »

Yahweh wrote:
shemp wrote:

Any thoughts?
I had a fit of psychic premonition and said "Hey, I think I can turn this into a straight".
Keep playing that way, idiot.
RCC

Post by RCC »

Shemp Fillmaff?
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Hehe... I wasn't gonna say anything since, well, he won. But while I was mildly suprised Shemp had a pair, I was shocked Yahweh called with a 3 4 offsuit.

But hey, hard to argue with success. :D
V.2

Post by V.2 »

Ah, back to normal. My pulse got racing just a bit, what with a mighty K9.

Even though I lost, I'm glad to have seen the K9. I was worried we were playing with an inverse p-nukel deck. (no idea how to spell it; don't wanna know)
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Heh, I had the speed limit! Only, it's not the speed limit lots of places any more...

Best hand name I've seen while playing at Buffalo Wild Wings (mmm... 35 cent wing Tuesdays) is AQ... Big Chick. Oddly, they never call it that on the tv shows. :D

Oh, and a 6 9 is "dinner for 2" and probably lots of other things. ;)
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

Great piece of skill and verve there Shpem.

Well played.
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

It seemed like such a good idea at the time... :p
shemp

Post by shemp »

guppy
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

Ha! Took you down that time! :p
bjornart

Post by bjornart »

The other day I started thinking: "What's in it for Suddenly? What does he get out of running this game." And after some hard thinking it struck me...

He's analyzing you all (and me until i was eliminated). :shock: He knows what cards you have, every bet you've made, when you've been bluffing, the works. And when the tournament is over and people are itching for more, he's going to suggest poker sites where he'll know how you play and fleece you! :o
lofgeornost

Post by lofgeornost »

I'm always hoping he at least gets a good kick out of the way I (mis)play these hands.
RCC

Post by RCC »

I get extra post count.
RCC

Post by RCC »

See!!

Actually, 99 times out of 100 I know pretty much what will be done before it happens.

But that other one time is interesting....

But I wouldn't worry about me knowing too much. There aren't enough hands to get a real good fix....
lofgeornost

Post by lofgeornost »

You know what's freaking me out? I folded that last hand because I could hear Vince van Patten's voice in my head saying "He can't possibly be thinking of calling this one, Mike."
Skeptoid

Post by Skeptoid »

:D
Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi »

wow... 3 jacks on the flop?

That's pretty crazy. :D