*KILL*

The war between wetware and hardware.
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

*KILL*

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

Not only did some fugwit decide to change all of the access passwords on this PC while I was of shift - they've fugged about with the IE settings too.

Now, when I click on a link in the forums, it opens up a new IE window relevant to the link (that's fine) but it closes the old fuggin window where the link was based.

So, I try and open up another extra window to get back to the page where the original link was and LO! The 'linked' page fuggin closes and I'm back to square one.

Wtf?

Resolution?
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Get a Mac.

Then relax.

Thanks.

J&D
gnome

Re: *KILL*

Post by gnome »

CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:Not only did some fugwit decide to change all of the access passwords on this PC while I was of shift - they've fugged about with the IE settings too.

Now, when I click on a link in the forums, it opens up a new IE window relevant to the link (that's fine) but it closes the old fuggin window where the link was based.

So, I try and open up another extra window to get back to the page where the original link was and LO! The 'linked' page fuggin closes and I'm back to square one.

Wtf?

Resolution?
First, try resetting all advanced settings to default in tools-internet options.
If that doesn't work, try a repair function in add/remove programs...
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Re: *KILL*

gnome wrote:
CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:Not only did some fugwit decide to change all of the access passwords on this PC while I was of shift - they've fugged about with the IE settings too.

Wtf?

Resolution?
First, try resetting all advanced settings to default in tools-internet options.
If that doesn't work, try a repair function in add/remove programs...
Thanks for the response - although now I've downloaded Firefox even though at work we're not supposed to (Yes - I have informed the boss.) Works ok now.
DrMatt

Post by DrMatt »

The symptoms you report in IE sound suspiciously like the CoolWebSearch spyware attack. I recommend thoroughly disinfecting the machine and cleaning and innoculating it with Spybot Search And Destroy.
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

DrMatt wrote:The symptoms you report in IE sound suspiciously like the CoolWebSearch spyware attack. I recommend thoroughly disinfecting the machine and cleaning and innoculating it with Spybot Search And Destroy.
Thanks Beardface - I'll try that on Monday.