Title: Sardonic asshole

Re: The Covid vaccines really do work

Post by robinson »

Really
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

The FDA has officially authorized Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna booster shots for vaccinated adults.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... u-s-adults
"The FDA has determined that the currently available data support expanding the eligibility of a single booster dose of the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines to individuals 18 years of age and older," said Peter Marks, M.D., Ph.D., director of the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research. "Streamlining the eligibility criteria and making booster doses available to all individuals 18 years of age and older will also help to eliminate confusion about who may receive a booster dose and ensure booster doses are available to all who may need one."
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

This thread is funny to read in hindsight, since you can open your eyes and see everything the smart people predicted came true.

Leaky vaccines were for people in nursing homes, and pushing them on the general population made them largely useless.

At this point, vaccines are probably as useless as masks.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

I'll make use of whatever advantage I can get to avoid severe illness and/or hospitalization.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Look up "antibody dependent enhancement".

Then take some NAC like the rest of us who don't sit around scared of a cold virus.

Since the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission, why are you bothering? You need to catch the live virus and get real immunity.

Your actual risk analysis is broken here by corporate disinformation. Taking a leaky vaccine makes you complicit in immune escape variant spread.
Last edited by post-skeptic on Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

I'm old, I have risk factors, I'm getting my useless booster on Wednesday, being not manly enough to withstand the "common cold" that is putting people on respirators, etc.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

If the nurse giving you the booster administers it wrong (which American nurses do as a standard), and it sends a bunch of cytotoxic mRNA into your heart and brain, who runs the forum after you die?
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

FDA Advisory Committee meeting discussing the Merck COVID-19 pill is today, starting at 9:00 am. Merck slide presentations are now available:

https://www.fda.gov/advisory-committees ... 1-11302021

They haven't posted the webcast link yet.

https://www.youtube.com/user/USFoodandDrugAdmin

edited to add:

They did post the link to the YouTube live stream...inside a PDF. Tell me this isn't a government operation.

Advisory committees are a glimpse into "how the sausage is made". Not the whole picture but you get the picture what is a picture.

Make sure you have enough popcorn and caffeinated soft drinks.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Protease inhibitors. Could have been taking ivermectin already for over a year. Big scam. Nattokinase shows promise as well.

The reason why Ivermectin and Natto are suppressed is because the neo-Lysenkoists believe in vaccines like a religion. They believe in vaccines for genetic issues. If the covid vaccines fail massively worldwide, like they have, it conflicts with their messianic desire to save the world.

If you don't believe me, read their own words on their own web sites. They literally tell you the future is a vaccine for everything. That's not science. That's religion. Until you realize these progressives like Fauci are part of the problem there is no helping people.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Good questions about the mutations aspect of the medication.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Hildreth is hammering them a bit on the mutagenesis.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Pfizer wants the FDA to approve booster shots of its vaccine for 16-17 year-olds.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... -year-olds
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

NYT visualization. Superb work.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ation.html
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Got my booster, got my flu shot, got my mile-long CVS receipt.
Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado »

Not really enthused about the booster.

I need to read more, but the entire debate has gotten so polarized and political that it is hard to trust what you locate as background statistics, etc.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Ben Trovado wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:50 pm Not really enthused about the booster.

I need to read more, but the entire debate has gotten so polarized and political that it is hard to trust what you locate as background statistics, etc.
Yeah, it's crazy. I tend to look at the advisory committee materials on these things because they do tend to publish actual data, with the understanding that the data are provided by the pharma companies. There does tend to be more data available from the FDA AdCom sites than what might be available in a journal article...but even then, what is made available is a fraction of the reams of data collected. What's written for us commoners, aka "plain language summary" is often simplified to an extent that it's still not understandable.

Even so, clinical trials have to follow certain protocols and the FDA and the external experts on the advisory committees do look at those data. I wouldn't want the AstraZeneca vaccine, myself, but that one's not approved in the USA anyway. I got the booster but I'm also not running around thinking I'm immune because of it.