Client service at it's finest

The war between wetware and hardware.
ed
Title: G_D

Client service at it's finest

Post by ed »

So I woke up yesterday to this:

https://i.imgur.com/H8mJMvm.jpg

Don't know Aomei Backupper (sounds Chinese :x ), never loaded it.

What to do?

Control/Alt/Del right? Wrong. Nothing, nana.

Being the master of technology in all of it's varied forms I turned the machine off.
Turned it back on. Same damn thing,

Turned it off AND unplugged it. Waited.

Same damn thing.

Note that the thing had run from some point in the night to the AM and beyond. It was not stopping.

I wrote to the company using my phone (along with the above pic). More on this anon.

Anyway, I rebooted and hit Esc. Voila!! (<---French!!)

As is so often the case, I randomly pressed keys that were ostensibly related to something called ""System Restore". I think the one I pressed tried to fix problems or something. Who cares. It is like the hired help in a Victorian Country Home: fix the problem and don't scare the horses.

All was well. The world could benefit, as it had for so long, from my wisdom, pithy insights and irrepressible wit.

THIS AM I received the missive, below, from Client Service at Aomei.

To begin this was my original plea for help:

On Wed, Nov 10 at 8:20 PM , Ed wrote:
Getting this screen. C/A/del does nothing. Turning off the machine and unplugging it does nothing.

What is going on??

Ed
n.b. I wrote this at 8am, not at night.

Here is the response.

Hi ED

Thank you so much for contacting us.
What's the purpose would you like to use our program to achieve?
Could you please tell us what's the operation would you like to do with our software?

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us back.
Stay healthy and take care!

Best Regards,
Kevin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is data insurance? And how it became the best way of DLP?
How would you rate your satisfaction with the service provided by the support rep?

Good

Just Okay

Not Good
My computer was hung up and useless. There is no Universe where this response could even vaguely be considered relevant.

Anyway, thought I'd share.
Still have no idea where the program came from (n.b. the word "App" is a neologism like "Metric". It is anathema to thinking Wight's :x ), it was there though. I removed it forthwith.