Supplements that Work (Anecdotally)

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
post-skeptic

Supplements that Work (Anecdotally)

Post by post-skeptic »

"Skepticism" conditioned me to being preachy and judgmental against supplements.

We saw so much outright quackery that I think skeptics became unintentional evangelists against science.

If you read a study saying there may be benefits to something (60/40), you could be part of the 60 that respond. 60 doesn't mean worthless. 60 could be due to a mineral deficiency or something. Skeptics don't know how to read scientific studies anymore by and large nor understand how to process the data to see if it's worth trying.

I'll open this thread with: Magnesium.

Disclaimer: The most important thing is, don't listen to me or do your own research on supplements. Only a doctor trained to read computers that tell him what is wrong with you can advise you on your health. You have zero agency as a person and need to always only listen to people trained to work in health services. (wakka wakka)

Now that the disclaimer for the NPCs is out the way, let's talk about Magnesium.

Ever hit the gym and the next day feel crippled with muscle exhaustion? Squat Day? Do you fear squat day? Stop fearing the shit. Take your magnesium boy. Taking magnesium before bed may reduce muscle fatigue and cause lower body stress. How powerful is magnesium?

My wife fainted and hit her head because a magnesium bath infused enough magnesium in her to lower her blood pressure. She chipped a tooth and I was traumatized. When she started to faint I was a few feet away and couldn't reach her in time. I felt like such a failure. I encouraged her to take the salt bath for some minor muscle issues.

This triggered a rabbithole excursion in me. Supplements are bullshit, but magnesium baths can make you faint.

I was already taking Magnesium, because it allows me to do heavy squats every day without rest days. Squats are probably the most important exercise in lifting. Squats exercise your glutes, hamstrings, abs, adductors, quads... you get the drift. It's an amazing exercise. The next day though you can barely walk. With magnesium at dinner and bed, you fall asleep easier and wake up more rested as someone who works out frequently. On various fitness forums, magnesium+melatonin at bedtime is the goto for falling asleep if you did heavy lifting that day. Due to my issues falling asleep, I tried this and it seems to work for me. This is anedotal evidence. But this isn't where it got interesting for me. I was stage1 magnesium using a chewable gummy with 1 form of magnesium and some melatonin.

Another Disclaimer: You can go read the studies on the topic, but the important thing is "does it work for you". You can read studies about magnesium and muscle fatigue, and then simply try magnesium to see if it works for you.

Now, here is where my distrust of the midwit health professional class goes off. My wife suffers from a painful condition called "Rinaud's Syndrome". She loses the color in her hands and they hurt intensely when the temperature around her hands drops suddenly. Her doctors prescribed her Verapimil which has side effects and and barely made a difference. Yet she took it because the pain was so bad. Guess what went away when she started taking magnesium daily? Anecdotally, the magnesium had 1000x greater effect than the Verapimil. Am I saying she's cured? No. Could it be a coincidence? Yes. Are her hands turning white and aching when she walks outside? No.

Anecdotally, this all worked for us with our particular DNA and Diet. All of it is based on the basic science of how magnesium works and studies that corroborate it. I am sharing a story with you about my life and how I made it better. Here are the sources I wish to share:
"Go do your own research and stop expecting Priests to give you answers".

I didn't spend tons of time reading body building forums posts about types of magnesium and when to take them in order to synthesize what people whose physical performance matters think and how they use it. I read studies, basic science data, and came up with my own thoughts. I am stating what works for me, and you can take it or leave it since I've taken care of me and mine.

https://bioptimizers.com/shop/products/ ... eakthrough

This is the brand I'm currently using. I recommend it. I ignore their claims and marketing so I don't care if it's deceptive. All I care is whether or not I can hit my max squat after taking two months off from the gym to rehab an injury. That, and helping my wife with the conditions the pharma state "Treats" but never cures.

I think we skeptics blacklisted all the thoughts of the hippies due to their "vitamins cure everything! factory farms are bad!" bullshit. I think their points about factory farming the lack of nutrients from the soil at this point might have some validity. Americans who only eat processed wheat and corn products and only then eat corn fed chicken and beef products from fast food restaurants may be lacking in vitamins and minerals. We have obese people who are functionally malnourished. I don't know how to reconcile the skeptical snobbery we were all groomed with by ShermerCo vs the realities of mass produced foods.
post-skeptic

Re: Supplements that Work (Anecdotally)

Post by post-skeptic »

The next supplement I want to talk about is NAC. NAC is the trendy amino all the cool bio-hacker kids take. NAC also has cognitive effects for some that can be actually felt/discerned with continued use.

Why NAC is the Hotness in the Biohacker/Transhuman/Tech community:
It prevents cytokine storms and is why some of us live life more fearlessly. Colds/Flu don't lay you up with fever/chills due to NAC. For some types of food poisoning, the "three days of fever chills and not being able to eat" is now "a slightly crampy stomach and an untimely but not terrible visit to the toilet".

I encourage you to research NAC yourself before I post about it, because progressivism enslaves men to the opinions of other men who are usually no more capable than yourself.

Anyone that regularly drinks alcohol or takes strong prescription drugs, should probably already be taking the shit. But that's how worthless progressive trained Doctors (tm) are these days.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

First.

– J.D.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

https://c.wallhere.com/photos/96/5c/168 ... 5997.jpg!d

– J.D.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Doctor X wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:48 pm https://c.wallhere.com/photos/96/5c/168 ... 5997.jpg!d

– J.D.
A study found that men who stare at large natural breasts daily have lower stress than men who stare at false or no breasts at all. As a low risk proposition, it seems fine to try.

As always though, "works for you" isn't "works for everyone".

Vitamin DD is one of the best "sensory vitamins". Sometimes seeing them has an immediate effect on men that requires no further study to say "this has an effect".
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) is a hotness in biohacker communities and bodybuilding communities. Those are the kinds of communities you want to look at when looking for supplement data.

Who do you want to Ignore?
Facebook Groups
Reddit
Your Mom
Men's Magazines
Any Government Agency

NAC actually has effects you can feel. What is NAC? It's an amino acid from garlic and onions. It's so powerful against Covid, that Fauci tried to fucking ban it!

The reason why NAC exploded the past year is because it inhibits Cytokine Storms. Ever have bad food poisoning? Multiple days, fever chills, all that? NAC turns most food poisoning into a mild cramp and an extra dump. NAC turns colds/flu into stuffy heads without the bed ridden fever/chills (for most people). NAC blocks free radicals and can block ones that can penetrate your brain barrier.

You know that feeling between your eyes when you wake up and haven't had enough caffeine? NAC Some "mental fogs" are cleared by NAC.

https://i.imgur.com/EkKV9QB.jpg

When you are having cocktails, NAC prevents some of the negative cognitive effects. It also thins mucus.

I'm not even going to talk about it anymore. Go find your own NAC info. It and magnesium are two of the best supplements I daily now for affecting how I actually "feel". Magnesium relieves stress and NAC prevents brain fog. For me, anecdotally. There is good evidence for all these things, and you can go find it if you are curious.

Should I have been nicer? Made a friendlier case? No.

People who cannot think, follow. I honestly don't care if I improve anyone else's life, if I have to act like a corporate muppet who read Covey's Seven Habits. If people discover something new and helpful to them, so be it. If not? Whatever.

https://i.imgur.com/6METOxj.jpg

There's tons of info on NAC, but I wouldn't read any from the corporate press or Rockefeller funded think tanks/research groups. Those are all progressive cults.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

https://i.imgur.com/1fk6qLc.jpg

A friend of mine is closer the silicon valley groupthink and this is apparently a thing there right now.

In the tradition of broscience, he shared it with me. As we all know, Broscience is the best form of science. It's like the Marines storming the beach part of Science, just like Normandy.

I looked up this supplement and yo, it's a soy peptide.

Soy?

https://i.imgur.com/gM242LP.jpg

Soy has made the white male breeding stock collapse worse than when Kathy Bates showed her tits in that movie with the Joker guy.

But, I am open minded because science. Here's my deal though. You need some Sopranos logic here.

"Hey Tone, if soy is in almost everything we eat, den how comes theres still cancer?"

I'm going to read more on this, but there seems to be a basic sniff test that's failing for me here. Mainly because I was told it prevents cancers.

I am guessing I am going to read some abstract about how Asians eat more soy and have less cancer, but nothing about the rest of their diets, habits, culture, or average BMI.

I think it's kind of brilliant. Every day you wake up without cancer that you know of, you assume the supplement is working! Many red/yellow flags here, but unlike me from 10 years ago who was tight assed and prejudicial, the Covid regime made me realize that skeptical faith in scientists led to our irrelevance. The public "skeptics" were loyal to the regimes and largely unquestioning during the past two years.

It appears the role of people like Shermer is to pied piper people who might accidentally think critically into a system of beliefs that adhere to progressive goals. Your religion is wrong. Your beliefs are wrong. You are nothing. You need others to tell you what's real or not.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

https://i.imgur.com/pAKxv0r.png

C60 is a powerful mad-made form of carbon that is one of the most powerful anti-oxidants that is "Safe". Nobody should be taking it because they saw a picture on the internet. This is bad supplement pushing in my opinion.

If you see one of these on the internet, what they don't tell you is that is a biohacker's list of stuff and that biohackers don't follow institutional "science". They read the papers themselves, look at the basic science, look at the applied science, and make calls. They are the true scientists of our age like the body builders before them who pushed athletic performance with science into making men that look like monsters due to aggressive iterative testing of testesterone/hgh stacks.

People always think of the island of Dr. Moreau, but all you need to do to see transhuman abominations is watch Mr. Olympia.

The real scandal of sports doping, is that much scientific knowledge is kept behind the curtain for the performance of high end athletes and tech CEOs. There are things that are known, that are not put in the electronic symptom matching guides they give the McDoctor who puts all your symptoms in Health Network's program before reading your McDiagnosis.

Athletes and CEOs get the actual smart doctors who aren't highly trained worker bots.

Taking supplements because someone else tells you to is as dumb as taking an experimental vaccine for a virus with a 99.9% chance to live that has no long term safety studies. I think these lists are dumb. Mostly because, the good supplements the normies discover Fauci will try to ban. Like he tried with NAC.
Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado »

post-skeptic wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:27 pm
Doctor X wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:48 pm https://c.wallhere.com/photos/96/5c/168 ... 5997.jpg!d

– J.D.
A study found that men who stare at large natural breasts daily have lower stress than men who stare at false or no breasts at all. As a low risk proposition, it seems fine to try.

Vitamin DD is one of the best "sensory vitamins". Sometimes seeing them has an immediate effect on men that requires no further study to say "this has an effect".
This study is relevant to my needs.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

https://i.imgur.com/6CT3qPm.jpg

I have issues with their methodology and funding, but some men may get positive results regardless. You could stare at breasts daily and measure your heart rate over time to see if it's having an effect.

It's a low risk proposition and the upside is high.
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

Ben Trovado wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:36 pm
post-skeptic wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:27 pm

– J.D.

This study is relevant to my needs.
Didnt do much for James Howard Marshall II.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Nattokinase is an enzyme found in a traditional Japanese breakfast from a particular fermented bean recipe.

It's basically useful as a blood thinner like aspirin, but better for you. Aspirin and Ibuprofen are not that awesome really for your gut.

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep11601
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5372539/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6043915/

It is also a protease inhibitor and news of this function may have contributed in an uptick in traditional consumption that paired with Ivermectin usage led to the so-called "Japanese Miracle" where Covid is finally now under control and demonstrably better than other countries.

The new patented molecules from Merck and Pfizer to treat covid are also protease inhibitors.

And like these other molecules is harmless and effective:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8276596/

You can find the enzyme online, I don't have a recommended brand.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

https://i.imgur.com/mE8BUzk.jpg

Most modern vegetables are grown on factory farms and lack nutrients.

Make sure if you are male, that you are getting supplemental amounts Zinc, Selenium, and Molybdenum. They are important for men's health.

My multi covers my Zinc currently, but I get Selenium and Molybdenum from my NAC supplement.

https://i.imgur.com/A2LZRBI.jpg

This is the cool kids' brand of NAC. Take this daily. Trust me. It's an amino acid from garlic and two trace minerals. What are you scared of?

You may find that your overall resistance to infectious viruses and even food poisoning is suddenly that of an Olympian... We misdiagnose Cytokine Storms themselves as a viral symptom versus a poorly prepared body's response to a virus.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

https://i.imgur.com/CZXAv3f.jpg

Iodine is a well studied trace element required by the thyroid.

Some suspect that one of the many influences telling your lizard brain to crave salty snacks could be Iodine craving by proxy. Your lizard brain isn't concious and can't emote it's urges properly. Of course, we skeptics believe the sole reason for obesity is tribal instincts to eat everything in front of you. That doesn't work for something downstairs in the closet that isn't in front of you. That bag of salty pretzels. You want em now don't you?

Many salts people use these days do not have supplemental Iodine, and people have been groomed by non-factual anti-sodium propaganda for decades. Some still have all sorts of myths about salt. Your garlic salt and sea salt probably don't have Iodine. You might even need to add actually add table salt to your diet.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 ... poisoning/

There's a bunch of people that claim the use of Potassium Bromate in foods such as pizza crust were causing people to become functionally iodine deficient and create the poor gene pool you see before you in American now. Fat people shovel food into their hole every day but never stop craving. There are probably many causes for this and I think there is logic to "your food cravings may be smarter than your conscious brain is aware of, examine your cravings consciously to figure out what your body actually needs vs empty calories".

I don't believe I am full of Bromide, Bromine, Bromate, or whatever the hell they call it. I don't eat pizza all the time. I think Americans eating whole large pizzas by themselves at dinner is mostly due to price, laziness, and lack of self control versus craving more salt but never getting the iodine they really crave. I just don't buy it. Which isn't to say they may not be onto something...

One nice thing is that Iodine will push Bromides(?) out of your system and essentially detox your Thyroid. Unless you work in a plant that uses these chemicals, I doubt you need to worry about it. Unless you're an eagle.
Ben Trovado

Post by Ben Trovado »

Hotarubi wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:03 pm
Ben Trovado wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:36 pm This study is relevant to my needs.
Didnt do much for James Howard Marshall II.

He didn't live forever, but it took the surgeons 2 hours just to remove the smile from his face.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

And the leech from his dick. . . .

– J.D.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

If you're taking D3 this winter in large amounts, historically the risk was conjecture based on arterial hardening but the latest papers seem to indicate that for the amount of D3 you need for protection from colds and flu has no real risk.

Data on D3 levels for Covid clinical outcomes has been out for a week. It's what you would expect.

What shocked me was this:
https://i.imgur.com/vR6MXkG.jpg

Hits you right in the feels. A historically disadvantaged person with a comorbidity seeking out the best data driven science possible and self treating.
Ben Trovado

Post by Ben Trovado »

It is hard to have too much Vitamin D, but not impossible. The problems may not show up immediately.

10,000 may be a bit high. 4,000 per day for a friend merely put them at the mid range of what was the acceptable levels - so the dosage may not push beyond that, but if the tests come back as too high, cutting back to 8k or 9k might not be a bad idea.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

What is vitamin D toxicity? Should I be worried about taking supplements?

Answer From Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

Vitamin D toxicity, also called hypervitaminosis D, is a rare but potentially serious condition that occurs when you have excessive amounts of vitamin D in your body.

Vitamin D toxicity is usually caused by large doses of vitamin D supplements — not by diet or sun exposure. That's because your body regulates the amount of vitamin D produced by sun exposure, and even fortified foods don't contain large amounts of vitamin D.

MayoClinic
– J.D.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Ben Trovado wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:56 pm It is hard to have too much Vitamin D, but not impossible. The problems may not show up immediately.

10,000 may be a bit high. 4,000 per day for a friend merely put them at the mid range of what was the acceptable levels - so the dosage may not push beyond that, but if the tests come back as too high, cutting back to 8k or 9k might not be a bad idea.
I guess I should have mentioned, the existing vitamin D recommendations are conjectures and not evidence based. That's why I mentioned that we finally have a new study on the matter and in fact 10k isn't high (nor needs supplemental vitamin K).

Our existing vitamin D recommendations were much like our old salt and cholesterol dietary pseudoscientific guidance.

Anecdotally, athletes have been megadosing d3 for years and the sports medicine docs I've gone to were ahead on this a decade ago. They were the heretics claiming the standard guidance for high d3 was actually in the _low_ for a professional athlete (take size into consideration).

Now we know you don't even need to worry about taking 10k daily without extra K (which is the toxicity misunderstanding, you can go higher fine but need K).

It may be time to refresh what you know on D3, which is why I brought it up. We're basically waiting for knowledge to be democratized.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Oh, btw, that tiny manlet fauci takes 6k d3 a day.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Yes, evidence that took about two seconds to obtain makes your rectal vault sore.

You should be use to it.

– J.D.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

When anti-Vitamin C became an "online LARPer skeptic" (tight assed white guys too liberal to be internet libertarians) crusade, I knew it must actually do something.

The "deboonks!" of Vitamin C were mostly targeting predatory marketing of supplements making outrageous claims (cures Cancer!). However, vitamin C is something that is actually good for you and despite a lack of hard scientific research we know that Vitamin C is very important for cellular regeneration.

Let me de-program you from Vitamin C hesitancy. Dr. Linus Pauling whose pattern filter I trust more than Michael Shermer's, late in his career without anything to back it up, used his Nietzsche powers to basically say "the key correlation I see in cardiac cases is the level of vitamin C someone has". It could be for a variety of reasons sort of like vitamin D3 and Covid. High D3 likely means you aren't morbidly obese for instance.

https://i.imgur.com/1uC5eFo.jpg

Trust the McAfee versus The Science. McAfee later replied to this and said "eat Cumquats for vitamin C as well". He was known for being level-headed and rational at all times, even when faking his death in a Spanish Prison. (fact checked by Snopes as mostly made up by me).

The main think I Iike about vitamin C is the chewables prevent other cravings. But I take it in a McAfee-like stack of anti-oxidants and cellular repair shit.

Let's talk real shit. I have a sweet tooth. I've been eating mainly yogurt, cottage cheese, meat, and vitamins the past months but I love those Sweet Tarts.

https://www.nowfoods.com/products/suppl ... le-tablets

I eat a couple of these at night for my sweet/sour/tang candy fix. NOW makes good supplements and I recommended them earlier while schooling "leeches for me!" DoctorX on his old Boomer understanding of Vitamin D.

Cherry-Berry sweet tart tasting C chews I recommend:
https://i.imgur.com/D7hsPAw.jpg

Me: "But X, that guidance is old scientific conjecture like the days of High Fiber, Low Sodium, and Low Fat. Those old recommendations weren't based on studies and you can't show where they do their work. You just have the recommendations without the math."

X: "I am old and don't want to change my mind. You go disprove all my silly notions about reality that I have never actually looked into myself. Please enlighten me for myself. I am the Boomer version of a Millenial".

Hazing X aside (who fact checks my anecdotes, whether for fun or seriousness), Skeptical Fanaticism against Vitamin C got weird as the Airborne type companies were selling hoodoo to people.

Where do those companies get off selling people "immune boosters" with C, D3, Zinc extract anyway? It's not like we all now understand those things to be required for your immune system after two years of seeing data science about who suffers most from covid (the functionally malnourished who are obese but vitamin/mineral deficient).

What if we were wrong and the plebs really did need to suck down an Airborne before spending two days on mass transit? Maybe some of those supplement companies were doing a good despite their marketing? Maybe there is a middle ground on vitamin C.

You need it, and as part of a Regimen of Healthy Living in theory when stacked with other stuff should result in you aging less quickly but in better health.

Pyrrho: there is a whole slew of SARMS, nootropic, etc stuff. I stay out of it because the broscience stays near the edge where people get burned. Occasionally, the muscle heads discover fire. Occasionally, they get burned. Honestly, I was afraid to go into that area on this forum because people are still too conservative about something simple like D3.

I definitely wouldn't try any nootropic "to see if works for you" unless I was already supplementing NAC to keep the free radicals out. If I have a cocktail, I take NAC with it to mitigate the negative cognitives from the cocktail. If an amino acid free radical blocker has that dramatic an effect on clearing brain fog, I think NAC daily after taking 3k a day for a week to prime your system would be a good baseline for trying nootropics out.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

https://i.imgur.com/I24KS0k.png

One of the strategies I've seen for D3 is to take a single 50k weekly with a vitamin K2 pill to prevent the one theoretical (but not seen in clinical environments) side effect blasting D3 has.

50k once weekly was what I was prescribed when healing a stress fracture in my leg by the Doctor who treats the Memphis Grizzlies. That's how powerful vitamin D3 is. That's the science you get in the bourgeois health care tier. The sports meds docs are highly competitive and you will see the Orthos battling it out to see who can heal people the fastest.

Who knows, these things don't get the the gold standard studies because there is no profit motive to go for them.

I think I mentioned that I helped a friend with Chronic Crohn's disease get over his covid by laying out and getting a sunburn. He blasted his body with D via the natural process. I highly recommend everyone make sure they get enough D in the winter when we have less free sunshine to give it to you.

https://i.imgur.com/0VF6TkE.jpg

The progressives who work in universities though disagree with the people who actually see and treat people. You can see them spout off old Fiber/Salt level non-science they assume to be true.

The Yale people believe the old broscience D3 blood level numbers, the cutting edge sports med docs are laughing at that while getting better patient results. It's the doers versus the institutions on D3.

Who died of being in the sun and getting a lot of D3 again? Who got D sick from sun exposure?

>> If sun exposure produces slight pinkness, the amount of vitamin D produced in response to exposure of the full body is equivalent to ingesting 10,000-25,000 IU.

Where are the beaches full of corpses from Vitamin D exposure? Use the evidence of your eyes.

When you realize that the progressive institutions are repeating old things written in textbooks that weren't well studied at the time, but were merely extrapolation/conjecture...

TL;DR:
There are 52 weeks in a year.
There are 50 vitamin D3 gels in the bottle.
You have a years worth of D3 and can skip it when you hit the beach two weeks.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

https://www.nowfoods.com/products/suppl ... in-tablets

This ain't a bad multi for dudes.

I'm making an ipse dixit statement here too, not offensively, but just as a "at this point of researching supplements, these now guys do a good job, and this is a good non-specialized broad spectrum men's health tab."

C, D, B-Complex, CoQ10, Zinc/Selenium (testes), etc.

If you need a decent men's multi, there you go.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Btw, 4 days before Christmas and my bottom abs are the only ones not showing well, still need to lean up some more. Been eating mostly cottage cheese, chobani, bananas, and whatever the fuck i want (this doesnt mean what you think, more below) during December.

Basically eating supplements after I get up, some cottage cheese, yogurt, fruit at lunch, and I just stay stingy about eating while the fat breaks down for energy all day in the gaps. I wait til very late to eat, and then I eat small amounts of rich foods. Ice cream, Chips and Dip.

No tracker app, no smart watch, no spreadsheets, just reading papers and putting the goddamn fork down (the best diet technique there is).

I don't have cravings really. And when I do now, I basically interrogate the craving. It's a Socrato-Freudian sort of technique. "Why do you wants chips Lizard Brain? do you crave iodine?" "Why do you crave sugar? Is mine low? Will a vitamin C sweet-tart work? or perhaps some chobani with pineapple?"

Christians in the West were once trained in Esoterica relating to God being a personal deity. They personify their cravings as the Devil. At least it trained them to have an inner monologue.

Weight loss gains are temporary unless you become a philosopher-king of your own body. Losing weight for the beach means you gain it back after.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a1951 ... t-breasts/

More on staring at breasts.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

https://i.imgur.com/RJgIqMX.jpg

I'm still looking into the myth of VItamin D overdose. The textbook recommendations I mentioned are based on a theorycraft and not real science. Even determining how the myth started is like finding bigfoot versus science.

Right now I'm taking a 50k every Sunday with a K2. The K2 eliminates the one side effect (in theory) that the textbooks without source claim is a risk.

Taking 50k weekly eliminates another daily supplement.

What I'm currently taking:

Sunday: D3, K2, Thyroid supplement (Iodine/etc)

Daily Enzyme, Anti-Free Radical, and Vitamin Routine:
Nattokinase
NAC
C chewables
Now Supplements ADAM men's multi (this is vastly better than anything Centrum)
Royal Jelly
CoQ-10
Collagen
Propolis

Morning Energy:
Ashawaganda + MACA + B12 5k dissolvable and a Monster White Zero
(this replaces the occasional half tab of adderrall i'd take from my wife when i needed to focus/work)
(note: its hard to source good ash/maca, im still trying to find the best versions)

Nightly:
Magnesium.
Melatonin.
(Work in Progress, may try Glycine to add lucid REM dreams and some other things)

I'm probably getting a Vitamin D lamp for the winter though, it's just better than supplementing. Trying to get Bee Pollens before the spring as well to supplement.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Looking at mushroom supplements. I'm mostly Ulster Scot and Blackfoot. European whites used to have more mushrooms in their diets.

Always funny how white people look to China for weird food/nutrition stuff when they ignore their own pre-industrial diets. No honeycomb, no wild shrooms, factory farmed potatoes with barely a mineral in them deep fried to perfection.

This current pharmacological society is really fucking sick and unhealthy.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

My mom's husband got his booster and has a blood clot in his lung.

Mom is taking Nattokinase+NAC instead and is healthier overall. I told her to give him some Natto for that whole clot thing there.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

The Sun is an amazing supplement
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

I had a vitamin D sunlamp from Sperti and red light from Blublox already on the way to combat SAD. The new melatonin info regarding infrared has me kinda stunned.

Most people never need an oral melatonin supplement. It's useful for body builders who deplete it. But sun based melatonin of a different and more important type fills in many observational gaps

Edited to Add:
Ego Project mode Off. I started spending at least 30 minutes a week in my gym's infrared sauna this December. Currently, I clock in about 1.5-2 hours a week in the Sauna. I realized I was inducing HyperThermia, but the above video on intracellular melatonin makes a whole lot more I had observed make sense.

It seems like almost everyone we know is sick in the past two weeks with minimal outside exposure even. Omicron has an exponential growth rate and is so catchy that masks/vaccines/etc don't stop it at all.

I went to spiderman in a crowded theatre unmasked (as a man should be), and I spend all my outdoor time unmasked. I work out in a crowded gym unmasked. I am not catching these winter bugs going around.

Perhaps the "cold/flu season" isn't just because of lack of solar Vitamin D (hey, you can take oral), but is the lack of infrared...
Last edited by post-skeptic on Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Sperti Vit D Lamp, Chan approved Vit D:
https://www.sperti.com/product/sperti-v ... light-box/

Red Light Therapy:
https://www.blublox.com/collections/red ... /hive-demi

I have both of these on the way to try out. I'm hoping I can make the daughter use the D lamp in winter.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Uhhh... so I wasn't expecting a huge difference from light therapy.

But let's just say that womens' breasts are meant to be exposed to infrared. Perhaps its the stimulation of collagen that tightens up the skin and makes milky boobs become taught ripe oranges.

Anecdotally, we take collagen caps right now and do light therapy with immediate results. Light therapy at sundown removes the "crash" feel without caffeine. Immediate noticeable improvement in complexion, etc.

Imagine being out in the sun with a wide brimmed hat being good for you at an intracellular level, then look at modernity's trends towards a future of VR headsets days in tiny houses.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

After seeing the results from daily Infrared/Red during the winter, I have something to ask.

If these results are so amazing, why don't we all have those infrared bulbs in our bathrooms? You remember the ones. They were very common in hotels previously, usually in the exhaust fan. For the average old person, that would be 10 minutes of exposure while they watch the toilet TV.

Here is my scientific conjecture (in the classical sense vs. modern progressive scientism).

Animals tend to go into sub-optimal modes when they are deprived of basic nutrients. Exteme examples would be desert critters that only come to full metabolic life during rain storms and go into dehydrated states until the next one.

What if we're all powered partially by the Sun, but our dietary science has us hyperfocused on what goes in through your mouth? What is there is a balance between sun, oral nutrients, and water? What is any of the knobs being too low puts you in a weird suboptimal running mode?

Would it look like "Seasonal Affective Disorder" if that were the case? What if we're more like Reptiles than we want to imagine and our warm bloodedness gives us a false confidence that we can live indoors all day, drive home in the dark, and then binge netflix to good health? Because we hit a Peloton? What if there is minimal level of daily solar exposure you should be at before oral nutrition matters as much?

Decide for yourself. Philosophically.

I believe (without knowing for sure) that scientific papers likely exist that point this conjecture out but are likely sitting around dusty because the Sun is free.
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Kid came home from her mother's yesterday and within hours I was having a stuffy nose. Went upstairs and heard her hack a meaty cough. Kid brought home some virus.

Gave her some NAC/Natto/C/Pepcid (my own ick catchall), and this morning she was de-symptomatic from whatever.

I've gotta get that kid taking stuff on the regular. It seems like the nose in a well functioning immune system might be a good sensor for illness if your immune system goes all thunderdome in your sinuses.
robinson
Title: Sardonic asshole

Post by robinson »

That is absolutely true. The nose knows
post-skeptic

Post by post-skeptic »

Dr. Berg on managing your fro nutritionally. Genetically, a bald man won't grow hair back. One thing I noticed is that since I started biohacking a year ago post-Covid, my hair has gotten fuller and thicker. I am unsure what deficiences were causing my hair to be limper and thinner. Watching this video, I'm aware of a few things I've already done.

I never got bed ridden ill from covid nor did my family. But I felt like I had failed at science by even being mildly symptomatic.

One thing I stopped doing that was complete bullshit, was shampooing my hair. I condition and rinse it, but shampoo is kind of bullshit and always was. Shermer/Tyson never clued me into that... I know dudes that wear the same pair of jeans for a month without washing it that won't try giving up stripping their scalp/hair daily with chemicals.

And then they sell you more chemicals to treat the damage of those chemicals. Great racket.
robinson
Title: Sardonic asshole

Post by robinson »