Still alive, motherfuckers!

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Still alive, motherfuckers!

Post by Pyrrho »

Robert Duvall is 91

https://i.imgur.com/NxKzZrT.jpg
ed
Title: G_D

Re: Still alive, motherfuckers!

Post by ed »

He was really great in the Great Santini
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/ ... a_5244.png
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5 ... 68_AL_.jpg

Tatsuya Nakadai is a bit younger having just turned 89.

Has another film coming out this year.
I was a second year student at the Haiyuza Training School and just around 20 years old when I took part in the auditions for Seven Samurai. It was only a tiny scene lasting a few seconds, but I did appear in the movie as an extra. In one of the opening scenes when the farmers are searching around town for mercenaries to protect their village from bandits, I played the role of a ronin who caught their eye.

It was my first time wearing a beard, first time wearing a topknot, first time wearing a sword… And yet, Kurosawa was suddenly telling me to lead the group. To be fair, I’m sure it was just because I was physically the biggest one of us.

However, just as we started shooting, Kurosawa suddenly began yelling at me. “What the hell are you doing, walking like that?!” We tried it over and over again, but each time it was no good. And no wonder — shingeki acting never taught me things like that. Besides, I was wearing a kimono for the first time in my life.

We started shooting at 9 in the morning and we only finished the scene at around 3 in the afternoon. Meanwhile, I was making a hundred actors and staff wait around just because we had to do take after take of this scene of me walking. I guess it speaks to the state of luxury the world of cinema was enjoying at the time — they could afford to spend all that time on a scene with just one extra.
. . . .
It was because of that experience that I became thoroughly conscious of the way actors walk, especially in period dramas. But even then that’s not to say I could do it properly right away.

Nevertheless, I felt humiliated. I was an extra — it’s not like there was no one there to replace me. And yet, Kurosawa just kept doing take after failed take using me while I was making Mifune and everyone else wait. I began to hear insults coming my way. “What is wrong with this guy?” “Someone make sure he gets no lunch!” I was so humiliated I thought to myself, “I’m just not cut out to do movies. Especially not period dramas. Never again.”

Kumomi
– J.D.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

I am thieving this: "Someone make sure he gets no lunch!"