It's the end of the world as we know it

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

It's the end of the world as we know it

Post by Bruce »

And I feel fine. :freedom:

Has anyone noticed that for that past several years, every gas station (plus obligatory convenience store) is completely operated by a single underpaid and overworked individual?

I never understood how that could be possible in the first place, but I encountered something I had never seen before while stopping to get a coffee. There was a sign on the door and a line of angry people. The sign said, restroom, be right back.

Now this fellow either had a serious case of the taco shits, or he up and quit without changing the sign because the angry people had been waiting an hour. Some couldn't get gas because they needed pump authorization, and others had already pumped and were waiting to pay. Those folks were the most angry because they couldn't dive off without facing criminal charges, as multiple signs reminded.

Several had tried calling several service numbers, but all of them went straight to robot receptionist.

Come to think of it, the gas station clerk might have dropped dead in the bathroom, Elvis style, and locked out the only people who could have saved him.

This is how the world ends. Not with a bang, but with a thud, produced by an overworked underpaid gen X drop-out hitting the floor of a filthy bathroom will angry millienials complain to robots on their phones, and somewhere in a mansion far away, a one percenter lights up a cigar with a wad of 100 dollar bills.
Anaxagoras

Re: It's the end of the world as we know it

Post by Anaxagoras »

Gotta love how customer service works these days. If it's not a robot on the end, it's some poor schmuck in India who has no ability or authority to help you with your problem.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Anaxagoras wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:14 am Gotta love how customer service works these days. If it's not a robot on the end, it's some poor schmuck in India who has no ability or authority to help you with your problem.
But at least they are paid to pretend they can help you. And they come up with awesome fake names. Yeah, like hell your name is Gary.
Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado »

"Ben" is a perfectly normal name, sahib.

. . . Damn!
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

– J.D.
Jimmy the Gent
Title: Goodfella

Post by Jimmy the Gent »

Bruce wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:08 am I never understood how that could be possible in the first place, but I encountered something I had never seen before while stopping to get a coffee. There was a sign on the door and a line of angry people. The sign said, restroom, be right back.
Go over on the boulevard to get coffee, they're open all night, you could even get a Danish.
robinson2
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Post by robinson2 »

Bathroom break = I am in the back room smoking crack and banging a hooker
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

The end of the world inspires people to take insane risks, like wearing a glider as a hat and jumping off a cliff.

The best part is seeing human legs being used as landing gear. Better not let Boeing see that. They've been looking for ways to cut costs. :notsure:
Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado »

Bruce wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:10 am The end of the world inspires people to take insane risks, like wearing a glider as a hat and jumping off a cliff.

The best part is seeing human legs being used as landing gear. Better not let Boeing see that. They've been looking for ways to cut costs. :notsure: