mRNA vaccines

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

mRNA vaccines

Post by Pyrrho »

Pfizer is recruiting for clinical trials of an mRNA vaccine for influenza.
robinson
Title: Happiness is a choice!

Re: mRNA vaccines

Post by robinson »

Because the world needs more heart disease
shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

Post by shemp »

robinson wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:00 pm Because the world needs more heart disease
Unfortunately for you, there's no vaccine for stupidity.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.wksu.org/npr-news/2022-04-2 ... g-children
Moderna announced Thursday that the company has asked the Food and Drug Administration to authorize a low-dose version of its COVID-19 vaccine as the first vaccine for children younger than age 5.

In a study involving about 6,700 children, the company said two-doses of the vaccine administered 28 days apart to children ages 6 months to less than 6 years triggered levels of antibodies equivalent to what has protected older children and adults.
I know nothing.
The vaccine appears to be about 51 percent effective for children ages 6 months to less than 2 years, and 37 percent effective for those ages 2 to less than 6 years, the company says.

"That means that you're going to reduce your chances of getting disease by about a half. That's very important for these kids," Dr. Paul Burton, Moderna's chief medical officer, told NPR in an interview.
Well, okay. Hopefully the data will become available.
Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado »

Pyrrho wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:27 pm https://www.wksu.org/npr-news/2022-04-2 ... g-children
Moderna announced Thursday that the company has asked the Food and Drug Administration to authorize a low-dose version of its COVID-19 vaccine as the first vaccine for children younger than age 5.

In a study involving about 6,700 children, the company said two-doses of the vaccine administered 28 days apart to children ages 6 months to less than 6 years triggered levels of antibodies equivalent to what has protected older children and adults.
I know nothing.
The vaccine appears to be about 51 percent effective for children ages 6 months to less than 2 years, and 37 percent effective for those ages 2 to less than 6 years, the company says.

"That means that you're going to reduce your chances of getting disease by about a half. That's very important for these kids," Dr. Paul Burton, Moderna's chief medical officer, told NPR in an interview.
Well, okay. Hopefully the data will become available.
I don't have the slightest idea how to balance that risk, but for a healthy child, I am not sure I would risk it until all of the data has been gone over in the sunlight.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

All of the data should be made public except for patient ID information. Not just the data that Moderna wants to trot out on the back of a pony.