The Little Free Library Project.

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

The Little Free Library Project.

Post by asthmatic camel »

I'd heard of this project, as one of the boxes has been installed at our local, leafy park. So, after this morning's outing, and with it being a fine day, I filled my rucksack with books, biked it to the park, made a donation, and spent the afternoon sunbathing. What a brilliant idea!

https://i.imgur.com/RAe7HQf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/s0xy8XN.jpg
ceptimus

Re: The Little Free Library Project.

Post by ceptimus »

It's a great idea. Someone in my village started something similar. Not only books, but jigsaw puzzles and DVDs ( it was a few years ago, when DVDs were still a thing ). Of course, after a while, some fucking morons ruined it: they urinated over it, put dog shit and other disgusting things inside, and even tried to set it on fire. So we don't have it anymore.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

In FREEDOM, we have had these for years.

https://i.imgur.com/kW912Jv.gif

Granted, they tend to be filled with those gay tedious English books like Withering Heights, Shakespeare, Pride and Prejudice, the Thomas Hardy, all of him, but fortunately not a bunch of Irish shit like Portrait of the Artist as a Fucking Tedious Cunt, or "Lake Isle of InnisfuckmeI'MINFUCKINGHELL."

We do dump a bunch of grot from Scots who like to pretend they won at the end of Rob Roy such as Ivanhoe which teaches us not to date Jews, because then we cannot be Labour.

No, I have not been thinking ossifer.

– J.D.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

And anything by Dickens, of course.

In the rain.

But not the Japanese Original Sherlock Holmes. He rules. He knows to have a good case he has to go to FREEDOM and fuck Mormons.

These are not my crayons.

– J.D.
Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce »

Are there any special rules about what books can go in there?

Let's say, for example, I came into possession of The Necronomicon, and I want it to be someone else's problem.....
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

That's really interesting, because some wanker keeps putting books in the dog shit bins in our park.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

You like to explore dog shit bins?

Not judging. . . .

– J.D.
asthmatic camel

Bruce wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:24 am Are there any special rules about what books can go in there?

Let's say, for example, I came into possession of The Necronomicon, and I want it to be someone else's problem.....
There doesn't seem to be. I hope there are plenty of SciFi fans locally because I've been clearing my shelves. :)
asthmatic camel

Doctor X wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:55 am
Granted, they tend to be filled with those gay tedious English books like Withering Heights, Shakespeare, Pride and Prejudice, the Thomas Hardy, all of him, but fortunately not a bunch of Irish shit like Portrait of the Artist as a Fucking Tedious Cunt, or "Lake Isle of InnisfuckmeI'MINFUCKINGHELL."

We do dump a bunch of grot from Scots who like to pretend they won at the end of Rob Roy such as Ivanhoe which teaches us not to date Jews, because then we cannot be Labour.

No, I have not been thinking ossifer.

– J.D.
I read all the classics when I was younger, as Penguin issued them for only £1 a copy. The only ones I really enjoyed were Jerome K. Jerome's Three Men in a Boat, William Makepeace Thackeray's Vanity Fair and Bram Stoker's Dracula. I have to confess that I gave up on Tolstoy's War and Peace halfway through, as I'd forgotten who everyone was.

Don't even get me started on James Joyce, Charles Dickens or Shakespeare. Jeebus.
asthmatic camel

If you've ever wondered where my nickname comes from, my tedious English literature master at school forced us to read Shakespeare and was himself a keen amateur thespian. His portrayal of Shakespeare's Malvolio was described by a local critic as being akin to an asthmatic camel limping about the stage.

Which, of course, delighted all his students.
asthmatic camel

ceptimus wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:06 am It's a great idea. Someone in my village started something similar. Not only books, but jigsaw puzzles and DVDs ( it was a few years ago, when DVDs were still a thing ). Of course, after a while, some fucking morons ruined it: they urinated over it, put dog shit and other disgusting things inside, and even tried to set it on fire. So we don't have it anymore.
Aaaand, sure enough....

https://i.imgur.com/VepSVOV.png
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Some just have to be Cunts.

– J.D.