Demonization of Skeptics?

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Tommy Palven

Demonization of Skeptics?

Post by Tommy Palven »

In the past, atheists and others who were skeptical about the overall goodness of large coercive religions, were branded as mean-spirited and evil.

In today's woke culture it seems that it is libertarians, people skeptical about the overall goodness of large coercive governments, who are most likely to be branded as mean-spirited and evil.

No?
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Re: Demonization of Skeptics?

Post by Hotarubi »

First.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

https://i.ibb.co/0yjSS5w/44a1388ad36fec4b3216837d25322769.jpg
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

"Do What Thou Wilt." --Aleister Crowley
Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado »

Tommy Palven wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:33 am In the past, atheists and others who were skeptical about the overall goodness of large coercive religions, were branded as mean-spirited and evil.

In today's woke culture it seems that it is libertarians, people skeptical about the overall goodness of large coercive governments, who are most likely to be branded as mean-spirited and evil.

No?
I don't know that it is a one-way phenomenon. The radical wing of both the left and right have moved from claiming the other side is wrong to claiming that the other side is evil and potentially irredeemable. I do think that the far left has more power and clout within their circles, primarily because the corporate press and education have skewed that way as well, giving them at least the appearance of holding an imprimatur for the party as a whole.
Hotarubi

Post by Hotarubi »

Pyrrho wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:47 am "Do What Thou Wilt." --Aleister Crowley
You can get little blue pills for that.
Tommy Palven

Post by Tommy Palven »

Ben Trovado wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:47 pm
Tommy Palven wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:33 am In the past, atheists and others who were skeptical about the overall goodness of large coercive religions, were branded as mean-spirited and evil.

No?
I don't know that it is a one-way phenomenon. The radical wing of both the left and right have moved from claiming the other side is wrong to claiming that the other side is evil and potentially irredeemable. I do think that the far left has more power and clout within their circles, primarily because the corporate press and education have skewed that way as well, giving them at least the appearance of holding an imprimatur for the party as a whole.
True. There's a lot of demonizing going on.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

:caramelld:

Pussy is always better.

Evidences:

– J.D.