2006 Poker Challenge discussion and trash talking thread

Stump your fellow simians.
shemp
Posts: 7247
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:16 pm
Title: inbred shit-for-brains
Location: Planet X

Post by shemp »

CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:"Ner, I beat you all at poker"
Damn, you stole my line.

P.S.: rhoadp is a wog.
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

shemp wrote:
CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:"Ner, I beat you all at poker"
Damn, you stole my line.
I have decided not to trademark it and deemed it available for "free and fair use."
shemp
Posts: 7247
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:16 pm
Title: inbred shit-for-brains
Location: Planet X

Post by shemp »

CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:
shemp wrote:
CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:"Ner, I beat you all at poker"
Damn, you stole my line.
I have decided not to trademark it and deemed it available for "free and fair use."
Ha, I'VE trademarked it! Usage will cost you one oiled goat.

P.S.: I apologize for calling rhoadp a "wog". I meant to call him a "stupid wog".
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

shemp wrote: Ha, I'VE trademarked it! Usage will cost you one oiled goat.

Easily done. I roll my own these days.

http://h1.ripway.com/CHARLEY_BIGTIME/Shortcake.jpg http://h1.ripway.com/CHARLEY_BIGTIME/mazola.jpg
shemp
Posts: 7247
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:16 pm
Title: inbred shit-for-brains
Location: Planet X

Post by shemp »

rhoadp wrote:
shemp wrote:P.S.: I apologize for calling rhoadp a "wog". I meant to call him a "stupid wog".
I am becoming very, VERY concerned about the way you are playing this game.
Well, your mother's quite concerned about the amount of time you've been spending in the bathroom. She thinks you need to spend more time there.
Aoidoi
Posts: 863
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:26 pm
Location: Left Noob

Post by Aoidoi »

Whoops, my bad. Works gotten a little crazy and I lost track of the thread. Will try to stay on top of it. :)
swellman
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 am

Post by swellman »

Aoidoi wrote:Whoops, my bad. Works gotten a little crazy and I lost track of the thread. Will try to stay on top of it. :)
No problem.

You're in the next hand.
swellman
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 am

Post by swellman »

I could not access SC for hours this morning (Tue).

Anyone else having problems?
Bearguin
Posts: 8094
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:26 am
Title: Thankless Bastard!
Location: Get off my fucking lawn

Post by Bearguin »

No. No issues.
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

swellman wrote:I could not access SC for hours this morning (Tue).

Anyone else having problems?
Yup - it was running slow this afternoon UK.

Ok now though.
Bearguin
Posts: 8094
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:26 am
Title: Thankless Bastard!
Location: Get off my fucking lawn

Post by Bearguin »

Sorry about the bet guys, but it dawned on me that I'm off fishing for 5 days and would not have had internet access to finish the hand the way I wanted to.

I was dealt a pair of aces so when the third showed up I was happy. Then it dawned on me I didn't have the time to play the hand like I wanted and figured I had to finish it quick.

Yeah. I'm out for a while.
RCC
Posts: 7019
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:28 pm
Location: Here for now.

Post by RCC »

Bearguin wrote:Sorry about the bet guys, but it dawned on me that I'm off fishing for 5 days and would not have had internet access to finish the hand the way I wanted to.

I was dealt a pair of aces so when the third showed up I was happy. Then it dawned on me I didn't have the time to play the hand like I wanted and figured I had to finish it quick.

Yeah. I'm out for a while.
Good bet actually. If it were not a whole lot smaller I can call with my flush draw and we see if you can lay down a set of aces if the third diamond hits... It was a good bet given your stack size and implied odds and the gravitational effect of Jupiter as pertains to bayesian theoretical materialism and stuff...

I misread the "big bet so I can go fishing" play. Dammit...
shemp
Posts: 7247
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:16 pm
Title: inbred shit-for-brains
Location: Planet X

Post by shemp »

RCC wrote:I misread the "big bet so I can go fishing" play. Dammit...
Indeed, this ploy has not been seen since the '92 WSOP. Good bet!
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

RCC wrote:
Good bet actually. If it were not a whole lot smaller I can call with my flush draw and we see if you can lay down a set of aces if the third diamond hits...
I was holding a one-ended run and figured that BG had a high pair.
It was a good bet given your stack size and implied odds and the gravitational effect of Jupiter as pertains to bayesian theoretical materialism and stuff...
Yeah - I chickened out too.
Bearguin
Posts: 8094
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:26 am
Title: Thankless Bastard!
Location: Get off my fucking lawn

Post by Bearguin »

I'm back.

Only a couple fish but a lot of alcohol (if anyone ever offers you something called Fireball, shoot them. Between that and someone home-made hooch I could not get out of bed this morning) and around 100 people. Rain, rain and more rain with some thunder, lightning and hail thrown in just so the rain didn't seem so bad.

Nice lake though. Gonna have to go back.
Bearguin
Posts: 8094
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:26 am
Title: Thankless Bastard!
Location: Get off my fucking lawn

Post by Bearguin »

Hey. Bjornart.

You can check if you want.
bjornart
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:51 pm

Post by bjornart »

Bearguin wrote:Hey. Bjornart.

You can check if you want.
That would of course have been the sensible thing to do, but I think a "I fold, wait, wait, wait, I mean check!" might be a bit of a giveaway. :D
Bearguin
Posts: 8094
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:26 am
Title: Thankless Bastard!
Location: Get off my fucking lawn

Post by Bearguin »

bjornart wrote:
Bearguin wrote:Hey. Bjornart.

You can check if you want.
That would of course have been the sensible thing to do, but I think a "I fold, wait, wait, wait, I mean check!" might be a bit of a giveaway. :D

Nah. Woulda really had them thinking.
swellman
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 am

Post by swellman »

Just a reminder to everyone - blinds go up again on Hand 22, and will increase every 10 hands thereafter.

Plan accordingly. :Scratch4:
bjornart
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:51 pm

Post by bjornart »

swellman wrote:Just a reminder to everyone - blinds go up again on Hand 22, and will increase every 10 hands thereafter.

Plan accordingly. :Scratch4:
What do you mean "plan"?

Ooh, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10!
All even numbers. Read them and weep, people!
:D
RCC
Posts: 7019
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:28 pm
Location: Here for now.

Post by RCC »

I normally wouldn't, but in the interests of keeping things quick..
gnome
Posts: 25992
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Post by gnome »

Damn. Was hoping for the fold :D
Aoidoi
Posts: 863
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:26 pm
Location: Left Noob

Post by Aoidoi »

whew, I decided not to pursue the inside straight draw, and would have hit it and then gotten nailed by the flush anyway :D
swellman
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 am

Post by swellman »

Bearguin in the Big Table thread wrote:First to friggin act again. I swear I am first to act more than anyone else.
This is true since V.2, as a sitting out player to Bearguin's right, has his hand folded every time it's his turn to bet. So Bearguin in effect calls first twice as often as everyone else.

How much longer shall we carry V.2 along? When I brought it up in early April, someone suggested we let V.2 sit for a while longer. Two months later and still no word. Feedback welcome.

Also, I plan to eliminate the open slots set aside for late entry once the antes start, unless someone knows a rule stating otherwise. I couldn't find a time limit specified in the past two years worth of threads discussing poker rules/best practices, but I may have missed it.
RCC
Posts: 7019
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:28 pm
Location: Here for now.

Post by RCC »

I used the first two levels as a guide last year.

I think June is quite long enough though though. I say dump 'em.
Bearguin
Posts: 8094
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:26 am
Title: Thankless Bastard!
Location: Get off my fucking lawn

Post by Bearguin »

swellman wrote:
Bearguin in the Big Table thread wrote:First to friggin act again. I swear I am first to act more than anyone else.
This is true since V.2, as a sitting out player to Bearguin's right, has his hand folded every time it's his turn to bet. So Bearguin in effect calls first twice as often as everyone else.
Ahhh. So I'm not on drugs. I thought I was imagining things.

I think it's time to drop him.
Bearguin
Posts: 8094
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:26 am
Title: Thankless Bastard!
Location: Get off my fucking lawn

Post by Bearguin »

And I think we need to suspend the 24 hour rule until Pixa is sure the sites are fixed.

I don't want anyone in this thread to be :HoppingMad: :HoppingMad2:
gnome
Posts: 25992
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Post by gnome »

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... urama).JPG

Seconded.
swellman
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 am

Post by swellman »

Yeah, I struggled to get into the site all day today. Maybe 20% success rate.

We'll relax the 24 hour rule until things stabilize.

When do we know the site's fixed?
swellman
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 am

Post by swellman »

Bearguin wrote:
swellman wrote:
Bearguin in the Big Table thread wrote:First to friggin act again. I swear I am first to act more than anyone else.
This is true since V.2, as a sitting out player to Bearguin's right, has his hand folded every time it's his turn to bet. So Bearguin in effect calls first twice as often as everyone else.
Ahhh. So I'm not on drugs. I thought I was imagining things.

I think it's time to drop him.
Anybody object to dropping V.2?

If not, I'll divide his stack up evenly after the completion of Hand 22. That way V.2 pays the small blind. Works out to 1200 per player, plus 25 thrown into the starting pot for Hand 23.

If V.2 returns before then, he is welcome to continue playing.
RCC
Posts: 7019
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:28 pm
Location: Here for now.

Post by RCC »

... or you could just dump his stack. This may take long enough as it is.

The usual tournament procedure for a player who has clearly abandoned his place or who has been tossed for some form of misconduct is to just remove the chips.
swellman
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 am

Post by swellman »

RCC wrote:... or you could just dump his stack. This may take long enough as it is.

The usual tournament procedure for a player who has clearly abandoned his place or who has been tossed for some form of misconduct is to just remove the chips.
Makes no difference to me. I don't play tournaments, so I wasn't sure if we could remove his stack after some of it went into circulation.

I thought I was meeting the tournament rules, which say

Long absence can be handled in 3 ways. A player can simply sit out, nominate a substitute, or can provide the dealer an "all in bot," a list of hands the player will move all in, all other hands to be folded. Unexplained absences of 15 days result in possible replacement. If nobody can be found your chips will be anted/blinded off.

If removal of the MIA player's stack is the normal tournament procedure, well we can remove it.

Any seconds to RCC motion to remove V.2's stack henceforth?
swellman
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 am

Post by swellman »

earlier in this thread swellman wrote:Also, I plan to eliminate the open slots set aside for late entry once the antes start, unless someone knows a rule stating otherwise. I couldn't find a time limit specified in the past two years worth of threads discussing poker rules/best practices, but I may have missed it.
To which RCC advised
RCC wrote:I used the first two levels as a guide last year.
...
Shame on us both for missing the actual rule in the OP of this year's poker challenge invitation.
RCC wrote:I figure it will start Monday after the Super Bowl, with late registration until the 100-200 25 level.
:shock:

Sometime it ain't easy being green.:oops:
swellman
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 am

Post by swellman »

CHARLEY_BIGTIME has returned and will be dealt in the next hand.

That is all.
gnome
Posts: 25992
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Post by gnome »

swellman wrote:Any seconds to RCC motion to remove V.2's stack henceforth?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... urama).JPG

Seconded. :D
Bearguin
Posts: 8094
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:26 am
Title: Thankless Bastard!
Location: Get off my fucking lawn

Post by Bearguin »

gnome wrote:
swellman wrote:Any seconds to RCC motion to remove V.2's stack henceforth?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... urama).JPG

Seconded. :D
Thirded (and I don't have no fancy picture to go with it, but I did like that episode. Especially the way the 80's dude died).
swellman
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 am

Post by swellman »

OK, V.2's stack is to be removed after this hand, unless he makes a very dramatic entrance.

One more thing - I seem to no longer be able to access SC from work. My machine tries, but fails out 100% of the time. It does not appear to be a filter on my side. Wondering if the changes PixyMisa made to deal with the recent DOS have a side effect of blocking me out.

Anyway, be aware of this problem when I seem to be slow to react to the hand. It's not me I swear!
swellman
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 am

Is the site stable now?

Post by swellman »

I find my issues of accessing the place have gone away. Anybody have a feel for the site's stability?

The 24 hour rule was relaxed as many members couldn't reach the site, but it seems the storm has passed us by.

Any objection to enforcing the 24 hour rule again? I would like to move forward, but don't want to make the decision based on one data point (me).

Thanks.
Bearguin
Posts: 8094
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:26 am
Title: Thankless Bastard!
Location: Get off my fucking lawn

Re: Is the site stable now?

Post by Bearguin »

swellman wrote:I find my issues of accessing the place have gone away. Anybody have a feel for the site's stability?

The 24 hour rule was relaxed as many members couldn't reach the site, but it seems the storm has passed us by.

Any objection to enforcing the 24 hour rule again? I would like to move forward, but don't want to make the decision based on one data point (me).

Thanks.
I had trouble most of the day yesterday. Both here and SS. I say we give it one more day.
swellman
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 am

Post by swellman »

I just got back on line. On the road, and this is my first opportunity to check in.

How is the site stability? Anyone see a problem with access?

I want to make sure SC has returned to normal before I start enforcing the 24 hour rule again.